Profile for A. J. Jewler > Reviews

Content by A. J. Jewler

A. J. Jewler (Columbia, SC)

Billy Elliot The Musical Live [Blu-ray] [2014]
Billy Elliot The Musical Live [Blu-ray] [2014]
Dvd ~ Elliott Hanna

5.0 out of 5 stars SAW IT LIVE TWICE AND THIS BLU RAY MAKES IT THRICE!, 27 Aug. 2015
It was almost better than being there! An astonishing recording of an astonishing show!

Vertigo [Blu-ray] [1958] [Region Free]
Vertigo [Blu-ray] [1958] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ James Stewart

5.0 out of 5 stars MADE ME ORDER THE BFI CRITICAL REVIEW OF THIS EXCEPTIONAL FILM, 16 Dec. 2013
Vertigo has been a part of my life since it was first released in 1958. I was living in Chicago and about to depart for U.S. Army service and this was the last film I saw before leaving that great city. The blu-ray edition, which for some reason is not yet available in our country except as part of a Hitch collection, is not only dazzling, but adds a new dimension to the film (for me, at least) and I am obsessed with viewing it many more times. I also recommend the BFI analysis. It's a brief paperback at a very reasonable price--and worth at least 10 times what I paid for it. I was overjoyed to see this film jump to BFI's #1 position, and it should remain there forever.

Meet Me in St. Louis [Blu-ray] [1944] [Region Free]
Meet Me in St. Louis [Blu-ray] [1944] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Judy Garland

5.0 out of 5 stars All-regions blu ray looks beautiful in U.S., 11 April 2013
Did not want to spend nearly $25 for the deluxe bluray book version available in U.S. and was able to purchase UK all regions version and save $10. Amazing.