Profile for Jason Jay White > Reviews

Content by Jason Jay White

Jason Jay White "J.J.White" (London, U.K.)

Page: 1 | 2
The Fear [DVD]
The Fear [DVD]
Dvd ~ Eddie Bowz
Offered by dvddirect2006

1.0 out of 5 stars DVD cover and Label says The Fear but not The Fear?, 21 Jun. 2016
This review is from: The Fear [DVD] (DVD)
I would love to have written a review for this film, but it appears the DVD has a completely different film on it, even though it's labelled as The Fear.

Has a zombie film on it set on a desert island and is nothing to do with The Fear?

Little Monster (Year of the Zombie Book 6)
Little Monster (Year of the Zombie Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it! Can't wait to read more from this promising new horror author!, 21 Jun. 2016
So you're faced with the question of ending your little girl's life or feeding her blood or human flesh? What would you do and how would you cope with the fact that nothing may change? Could you end your child's life? How could you live with yourself knowing that you had ended it? Would you, could you, should you? These are the trials and tribulations faced by Gareth and Jen, a normal couple. Normal but for the fact that their 6 year old child has become a flesh-eating zombie!

I am very impressed with the calibre of James' novella. I am already aware of his work through the films Night Of The Living Dead: Resurrection and Kerb Crawlers and can honestly say this is by far his best work so far! He has really encapsulated the angst and foreboding facing a couple with the ultimate life choice, end your child's life or feed them on the lives of others. He has managed to throw ordinary people into an extraordinary situation and provided us with an insight into a situation none of us would ever want to face. I myself do not envy their situation believe me!

Watch out for James Plumb's future works. I think this is the beginning of great things for him and I myself am really looking forward to his next venture whether it is the film or literary world.

Lixada 3M Flexible Neon Light EL Wire Rope Tube with Controller Great Decoration for Car, Party, Christmas Trees,Clubs Variety of Colors (Purple)
Offered by Soonina

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome 3M light, 20 Sept. 2014
Awesome 3M light. No problems at all and added ambience to my daughter's 16th birthday party! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Airwave 6 x 3m Fully Waterproof Pop Up Gazebo with Six Side Panels and Carrybag -  Blue
Airwave 6 x 3m Fully Waterproof Pop Up Gazebo with Six Side Panels and Carrybag - Blue

1.0 out of 5 stars What an absolute waste of money, 20 Sept. 2014
What an absolute waste of money! I spent nearly £160 on this pile of crap and can't return it for a refund because all the bars snapped after it rained!

Waterproof? It's about as waterproof as a baby's 7 month old nappy. I am really not impressed at all. I had to borrow a friend's gazebo as I was going to use it for my daughter's 16th bithday party.

I can't recommend this and am really disappointed with my experience. I'm happy for those who have had good experiences with this product, but I for one can't put a good review on this product tbh

Banshee Chapter [DVD]
Banshee Chapter [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ted Levine

4.0 out of 5 stars I nearly jumped straight out of my skin! Very creepy!, 9 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Banshee Chapter [DVD] (DVD)
Banshee Chapter is a film I would highly recommend you watch purely based on the fact it made me jump more times than I've done with a horror film in many years! It's a quite fascinating story, which I will keep to myself in order to not spoil it for anyone wishing to purchase it.

If you like your films scary, with aliens and with enough jumps to be Evil Knievel then this is the film for you!

Night of the Living Dead: Resurrection [DVD]
Night of the Living Dead: Resurrection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sabrina Dickens
Offered by Speedy Wonder

4.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyed this film! Don't know why people have been so negative!!!, 24 Aug. 2013
Having read various reviews on Amazon criticizing NOTLDR, I made the brave move of purchasing the DVD, ignoring the negativity I had been witness to!

It was always going to be very brave of any producer or director to release a film with NOTLD in their title, and it was always going to be apparent that NOTLD fanboys and fangirls would either embrace the film or get their knives out and stab the film to death. I decided to watch the film as though I wasn't watching a remake of NOTLD and my experience was one where I imagined I had never watched the original film at all (Which I have several times I might add!)

There are some verbal nods to NOTLD in the film and some of the characters have the same first name as those in the original NOTLD, but the film overall bares slight reference to the original and is not a blatant rip off. It would have been easy to have just brought out a film which was frame by frame a copy of the original, but the writers and director have mixed elements of the original with elements of modern times thrown in for good measure. I liked the fact that the film wasn't all about zombies and that there was some tension between the members of the family all trapped in the house together and the stress of them dealing with death and resurrection. I have a very sick sense of humor so some of the serious scenes made me laugh.

I won't compare NOTLDR to NOTLD as we all know that NOTLD is a classic and would never be bettered by anyone. Come on, even the original was released at one time with additional footage added to it for some bizarre reason in an attempt to distant it from the original, so NOTLD is not the sacred film all fanboys/girls believe, as even the original makers added to it.

Another thought in my mind when people have accused the filmmakers of riping off the format is "haven't 1000s of other directors ripped off NOTLD too?" 100s if not 1000s of other zombie movies are based on the original but have a different title. The fact the title is attached adds to general negativity from others.

What I'm saying is give the film a go, it stands up well on it's own honestly. It's low budget but a lot was achieved on the budget it was given, and there are hints at a sequel being made, which would be a nice bonus, as it would allow the director more screen time to expand their vision.

Ghost Swim
Ghost Swim

5.0 out of 5 stars Spooky Tale - A must read!, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Ghost Swim (Kindle Edition)
I'd never read any books from Sara Brooke before and have to admit I came across Ghost Swim by accident. It looked like it would be a kinda strange read and what swung it for me even more was the price - Nada, that's right zero dinero!

I started reading the short story and was immediately drawn in by the plight of the young swimmer who is training to complete in local trials. As the story progresses all does not appear to be as it seems and the ending will not only shock you but will make you not want to swim again!

Sara also has other books available for purchase: Still Lake, Kransen House, The Zyne Project and Cursed Casino.

Check out Sara Brooke's other kindle books here on Amazon UK or visit her website [...]

Community [DVD]
Community [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jemma Dallender

4.0 out of 5 stars Gore, dope and more! Welcome to your community, 15 April 2013
This review is from: Community [DVD] (DVD)
The Draymen Estate has become an urban legend. Amongst the sinister stories of strange locals and brutal violence, people have gone missing there.
Two student filmmakers visit the estate in the hope their documentary will land them a lucrative career. Within minutes they are introduced to a skinned dog in a shallow grave.

They quickly discover that behind the awkward smiles, the adults community 2012 horror coverappear to be on drugs whilst the children roam wildly. Further proof that this estate is a breeding ground for the darker side of society -a society which is about to present the student's with material of unimaginable horror, turning their final project into their darkest nightmare.

Isabelle and Will, the two student film makers, travel to the Draymen Estate to film a documentary with Mr.Loman. Being students with limited finances they travel by bus and when leaving the bus ask the driver when the last bus is. 4pm he says! 4pm! I thought Essex was bad with their 7pm buses but this is taking the absolute biscuit! Anyway (taking a sharp intake of breath), it's not long before they encounter the estate, which is strewn with rubbish. An ideal opportunity to film urban life they decide. It's whilst filming that they encounter some children (who appear to have not bathed for about 4 weeks!), who say they will show them something great to film. What, like the ghetto fabulous surroundings innit?

Isabelle and Will are taken into the woods and then introduced to something which will more than likely upset anyone who is an animal lover, so I am not going to go in to too much detail and would instead ask you to watch the film to find out (Sorry folks!). I would normally obtain sick pleasure from the torture of young nubile girls, but when it comes to animals, Cut And Slash no likey!

During the course of Community we learn that Isabelle has a secret agenda, one that involves finding something valuable to her ex-boyfriend. And it's Something that will draw her and Will to locate it in the local community centre. What is this valuable item and how is it effecting the residents of The Draymen Estate?

Director Jason Ford achieves a considerable amount on what appears to be a somewhat miniscule budget. If I had to compare Community to any horror film, I would liken it to a mash up of Children of the Corn and Kidulthood.
Jason Ford has managed to capture perfectly on film the sad environment that a lot of children live in, in today's society. We live in a society prevalent with drug use and society itself has become anaesthetised to this as though it is something that is a part of life itself. What Community achieves is to transfer this environment to the horror genre, and does this with some aplomb. There are scenes which will genuinely disturb you and make you wonder whether people are living such a life behind closed doors. It's a frightening fact, but there are areas in London which are like The Draymen Estate. In all essence there are horrific acts taking place on screen, but some may find even the non horrific acts in the film horrific in a moral sense.

I have to commend the performances from Jemma Dallender as Isabelle and Elliott Jordan as Will, who both act very convincingly and put in great performances when required. I also have to highly commend the performance of the rest of the young cast who genuinely convince you that they are naive and unfazed by the acts they perform, and are unaware of the horrors happening around them.
Community 2012 horror movie

This is no time for a game of hide and seek.

When I first looked at the title `Community' I thought `I suppose this is going to be one of those low budget, cheap looking movies which tries to be something it isn't!' I couldn't have been more wrong!
Community is low budget, and the effects it uses are non cgi, which is very refreshing in a world full of Michael Bayalites. This however does not detract from the fact that it is in all effects a pretty blood amazing horror movie.
There is gore, dope and more.

I am actually ecstatic that there aren't any zombies to be seen for once as I think I've had my fill of those now. If I had to choose Community's target audience it would be to people who love their horror mixed with a little urban and dope taking stylee!

Offered by japazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Alan Connor - Something Going On - Best Album Ever!!!, 19 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Something Going on (Audio CD)
Something Going on

This CD has to be one of the best I've purchased in recent years! It starts off with the fantastic I Love The Sunshine which has an infectious acoustic guitar melody and trancey keyboard instrumentation, then follows Sun Went Down which is to be Alan's next single. 3rd track is Let Your Love Flow with Mike Melange, this is a great cover version with an infectious arrangement and great vocals from Alan! 4th track is No Mistaking Love, a cover of a track by Natasha England (Iko Iko), which describes the impact and power of falling in love. 5th and 6th tracks are Now The Rain Has Gone and Something Going On, which are contrasting tracks as the first deals with the celebration of finding love and the second deals with suspecting your partner is cheating on you. 7th track is Dance Away, which has to be the best cover version of Roxy Music's classic track, which is even endorsed by Bryan Ferry himself. 8th track is I'll Be Waiting, which describes breaking up and the hope of reconciliation. 9th and 10th tracks are (Get It) On The Track and Walking Away, which are both infectious dance tunes, the latter describing loving someone who treats you like dirt but you still come back for more (We've all been there eh?!), The 11th track is Heart the excellent Pet Shop Boys track, which has been given a new millenium makeover. The 12th track is B!TC# (You've Got It), which describes the kind of girl who is sexy, knows it and uses it to her advantage and I believe is the kind of girl most women would love to be at times lol!!! The final track number 13, is Love Action (I Believe In Love). This has got to be the best version of Love Action I have ever heard (I think even better than the Human League, dare I say it!!!).

Overall, I was really surprised by the sheer quality of the production on all the tracks and was most impressed with Alan's vocals and songwriting and production skills. He is eagerly assisted on songwriting and production by Darren Fox. Also, co-producing are 7th Heaven who are an amazing production team in their own right. Star Control also produce on the album too.

This album had to have full marks from me, as it went through all the different aspects of love in one CD. It doesn't try to be pretentious and some of the lyrics are in your face and direct. Alan is already well known across the UK and Europe and I am sure in time will also be huge in America. He is currently working on his 3rd Album, which I can't wait to buy.

If you buy one album on Amazon, make sure it's Something Going On by Alan Connor!!!

ByteStor 4GB USB  High Speed "Dataferry" Flash Drive
ByteStor 4GB USB High Speed "Dataferry" Flash Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 15 Feb. 2010
Hi, I bought this for Xmas and must say this was great value for money. I have had no problems with it since then and it's got 4GB of space. What else is there to say, but compact and quite stylish for such a small item!

ByteStor 4GB USB High Speed "Dataferry" Flash Drive