Profile for Mr. M. P. Dean > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. P. Dean

Mr. M. P. Dean (Bristol, UK)

Shaving Set with Shaving Factory Double Edge Safety Razor/ Alum Bloc Osma/ Shaving Factory XS Shaving Brush/ Arko Soap and Derby Extra Blades

5.0 out of 5 stars Took a punt, it was totally worth it!, 20 Jan. 2015
I had always used multi-bladed monstrosities and electric nuisances, which irritated my skin and cut me. Now I'm just cutting myself a little bit!

I'll be honest, I'm not the best at shaving, but for the first time in my life I'm actually enjoying it. Preparing a lather, taking my time doing multiple passes, trying out different brands of blades to see what works for me and this razor. It's a new thing to get excited about.

If, like me, you're interested in giving double edge shaving a go, I'd heartily recommend this kit. It has everything you need for the first few shaves and the soap and alum block should last for ages!

Tenn Mens Thermal Padded Cycling Bib Leggings/Tights - Black/Grey - XL
Tenn Mens Thermal Padded Cycling Bib Leggings/Tights - Black/Grey - XL

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, odd sizing!, 12 Nov. 2014
I've got quite a bit of Tenn cycling clothing now and my other leggings restrict movement a bit too much as apparently my thighs have gained women muscle, so I thought I'd give these a bash.

I like the products, but find the sizes to be bizarre! I'm 5'10", 34" waist and ordered the large to begin with (the same size as my Tenn shorts). I struggled to get them on and when, as another reviewer has mentioned, I eventually did get them on, the crotch was far too low.

I sent them back for the XL size and these fit in the crotch, but are still a struggle to get on (I find the braces a bit low as well). They are lovely and cosy though and he material has got a lot of give. Even though they feel as tight as my other leggings, there is so much more flex in the material that they're nice to ride in.

Overall a good product, but watch out with the size you order. I think my next pair will be XXL...

BaByliss for Men Super Hair Clipper
BaByliss for Men Super Hair Clipper
Offered by Beauty Store Uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent set of clippers!, 9 Jun. 2013
When my old Philips clippers died due to the comb breaking and there being no replacements available, I had to look for some new clippers. After many hours of research, it seemed like these were my best bet.

I have had them for 6 months now and they have been excellent! I can't fault them. I have a number 2 all over and I cut my hair weekly. I have charged them three times (once being today), they give a consistently good cut, they are easy to clean, they're not loud, they cut well even when running out of juice, they're a nice weight, the list goes on.

If you're on the fence about whether the cost is justified by the product, don't be. These are superb and I fail to see that you could go wrong with a set of these clippers.

Philips QC5170 Hairclipper
Philips QC5170 Hairclipper

3.0 out of 5 stars It was a great product. Now it's unfortunately useless..., 12 Dec. 2012
These clippers were my first set and saved me a whole heap of money. My hair grows pretty fast, so I've been cutting it roughly once a week, occasionally twice if I had a reason to look smart. These have held out really well, but at the weekend, the small comb broke. I've been using this one on the highest setting. I thought I'd have a look and see if I could source a replacement to no avail. I even contacted Philips who also scoured the internet for me, but they couldn't come up with the goods. I bought them in April 2011 (the month I decided shave all my hair off...) when they were £30ish, so they've had a good run but are pretty useless now.

It's a shame that the comb broke. I did enjoy the swivelling head and the lightweight feel of these, but I think my next clipper purchase will be of a different brand.

I'd like to add that Philips customer service were really good. They replied to my emails quickly and were useful.

Philips MC320 Micro system
Philips MC320 Micro system

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvelous!, 1 Nov. 2006
I've owned this thing for two and a half years now and it's still great. I'm at uni now and being a music student it gets played all the time. I've got it pointed at me so that I get the sweet spot aimed right at me whilst I'm sitting at my computer and it just sounds awsome and really well balanced. It's great for music and watching DVDs through and the alarm isn't hard to set even when drunk!

Overall, a great bit of kit for such a miniscule price! I've definately had my money's worth out of this system.

My Favourite Letters
My Favourite Letters

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a damn fine album!, 20 Jan. 2006
This review is from: My Favourite Letters (Audio CD)
My flatmates and I all went to the Wardrobe in Leeds expecting some band that we had seen before to come on. But we were mistaken and saw Alice Russell. It was such a good performance that one of my flatmates bought this CD. On comparison of the live performance and the CD, it's clear how talented she and her band are. The arrangement of the songs was so different that I almost didn't recoginse them, and there's not many people who do this any more. So hats off. It's a brilliant album and you should go buy it, then go out and check out her live act!

Sony MZ-N910 Silver Net MiniDisc Walkman
Sony MZ-N910 Silver Net MiniDisc Walkman

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 albums on one minidisc!, 4 Sept. 2003
What can I say? It's brilliant. It's got all the features of the 10th anniversary model, but with extended battery life. It's so easy to upload a CD onto a minidisc with use of the software, the only annoying thing about it mind, is that the CD is saved onto the hard drive, which can lead to a serious blockage. This is my first minidisc player, but my brother had one, and mine is just so much faster than his! The sound quality isn't as good in LP4 mode as the normal setting but then you can fit 6 albums onto one minidisc, so I'm not complaining.
The delivery was excellent and I got it a day earlier than Amazon had told me, so I was quite chuffed :-)
All in all a top quality minidisc player, for less than the high street price!