Profile for Susan Cornwell > Reviews

Content by Susan Cornwell

Susan Cornwell

Cabin Max Backpack Flight Approved Carry On Bag Massive 44 litre Travel Hand Luggage 55x40x20 cm
Offered by Home & Travel

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I had hoped it would be, 23 Sept. 2013
Great bag and one unexpected bonus was that it opens up like a case so you can pack it really well. Just be aware if you are flying Ryanair of the depth once packed - I had to really use the tightening straps and make sure everything was well stuffed into the corners to keep the width even.

Tender Spot: Selected Poems (Bloodaxe World Poets)
Tender Spot: Selected Poems (Bloodaxe World Poets)
by Naomi Shihab Nye

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful poetry, that brings out the connection between all human beings, 23 Sept. 2013
Just fabulous, beautiful, heart moving poetry - I have bought it for two friends so far. I first came across her poem called 'kindness' which I have recited time and time again as part of introducing metta (loving kindness practice) on buddhist retreats

Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism (Shambhala Classics)
Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism (Shambhala Classics)
by Chogyam Trungpa

5.0 out of 5 stars Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism by Chogyam Trungpa, 28 July 2010
A fantastic, inspiring, highly challenging teaching. Many times i felt thunderstruck whilst reading it and had to stop to draw breath. I felt that I was reading the Truth, being taught in a totally uncompromising, liberating way.

I feel Chogyam Trungpa was and is a formidable force for good in this world.

A must read for meditators and buddhists. I am not sure how beginners would find it but feel it is likely to be of great value to all who are prepared to open their minds and hang on in their chapter by chapter.

Your Breathing Body: Beginning Practices for Physical, Emotional, and Spiritual Fulfillment v. 1
by Reginald A. Ray
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Reggie Ray 'Your Breathing Body' Audio, 28 July 2010
I would absolutely and highly recommend these teachings of Reggie's Rays to anyone interested in their spiritual growth who is feeling/or feels at times alienated from their body/other and the universe; who feel a longer for something that they cannot name, but stirs away within.
I have been doing the practices for about 3 months, the last month intensively on a solitary retreat. I intend to order Volume 2 and possibly to look in doing a retreat/study programme with Reggie Ray next year, if possible.

Remo E1-0312-00 3.5 x 12-inch Buffalo Drum
Remo E1-0312-00 3.5 x 12-inch Buffalo Drum

4.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with Remo 12" Buffalo Drum, 28 July 2010
My Remo 12" Buffalo Drum arrived incredibly quickly. Very pleased with it overall in fact mostly delighted. I am not sure what you call the actual drumming tool but I feel that probably isn't as high a quality as it could be - but I am new to drumming so I am open to disagreement.