Profile for Toomanybooks > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Weather Live - Detailed Forecasts and Live Weather Conditions
Weather Live - Detailed Forecasts and Live Weather Conditions

4.0 out of 5 stars Usually correct !, 5 July 2015
A very clever app that is correct 99% of the time ! I would certainly recommend it to keep tabs on our unpredictable weather !

A Loving Scoundrel: A Malory Novel (Malory-Anderson Family Book 7)
A Loving Scoundrel: A Malory Novel (Malory-Anderson Family Book 7)

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, 2 Jun. 2015
This in itself is a good story but the Americanisms within it drove me mad ! The British do not say "trash" to describe rubbish in the street ! They call it "rubbish" ! They don't say "Is all" to make a point , rather "That is all"! Finally, as an Englishwoman who has lived in different counties throughout my life, I have never heard the term "nahbob" used to describe a member of the upper classes ! The term is unheard of here ! "Posh boy" or " Nob" ,certainly, but never nahbob !! For goodness sake , Ms Lindsey, do the research !!! We're not stupid !!

Groupon
Groupon

1.0 out of 5 stars Groupon App, 31 May 2015
This review is from: Groupon (App)
Don't bother if you're in the UK. It's only relevant to the United States ! Useless ! Please sort it out Amazon !

The Other Duke (The Notorious Flynns Book 1)
The Other Duke (The Notorious Flynns Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars The Flynns are fun !, 8 April 2015
Good story with likeable characters. However, I would like to point out to Ms Michaels the Americanisms within the book. Cricket mallet should be cricket bat. A ladies maid was always called by her surname and the setting for the "shoot out" was badly chosen. A London park is not the Wild West !!! Lastly, the police force in the period were known as "Bobbys" or "Peelers" . Certainly not the "Guard"!!!! Try France for that one !! Despite the aforementioned, the story rolls along at an easy pace with some lovely moments between the two main characters!!

Keep Safe For Me
Keep Safe For Me

4.0 out of 5 stars Keep Safe For Me., 8 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Keep Safe For Me (Kindle Edition)
A good read with like able characters but I couldn't help feeling that the ending was rushed ! I would've liked to know what happened to Joan's husband and seen Lily married etc. Still enjoyable though!

In Perfect Time (Wings of the Nightingale Book #3): A Novel
In Perfect Time (Wings of the Nightingale Book #3): A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Save the best for last !, 28 Aug. 2014
Once again Sarah Sundin delivers a well written, well researched novel with characters that one can't help but love ! In this final book of the Nightingale series, we see Kay and Roger Cooper getting their act together along with the thread of all the main characters from the previous books running through it and drawing to a wonderful ending ! One doesn't need to be practising Christian to appreciate Sarah's books because the human emotions and sensitive issues that she deals with are ones that present themselves to many of us at some time in our lives ! Go for it , because if you love the WW2 era and a good love story, you'll enjoy this !

A Matter of Sin (The Ladies Book of Pleasures 1)
A Matter of Sin (The Ladies Book of Pleasures 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 11 Aug. 2014
Well written with virtually no Americanisms , always a bonus in my opinion ! Lovely characters and description. Just the right amount of sex and a really feel good story to boot ! What's not to like ?!

Lady of Pleasure (School of Gallantry Book 3)
Lady of Pleasure (School of Gallantry Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Full of editing errors!, 5 July 2014
This is a really nice story but unfortunately there are far too many Americanisms in the conversation passages and the biggest gaff of all is the following: Tha last time I had a good look at my family, I am sure that the children of my aunt were my cousins NOT my nephews and nieces. That privilege belongs to the children of my sister! The author refers to the children of the hero's aunt as his nephews and nieces all throughout the book and it really gets on my nerves! I would've thought an editor would pick this up ! Hence, the three stars !

Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel
Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but that's it !, 30 May 2014
I'm a late reader of Bared to You as I was of Fifty Shades, which one can't help but compare it to! Eva is not an inexperienced virgin, she knows what it's all about but I didn't find myself liking her as much as I did Ana. In some ways, she's a rough broad ! As for Gideon ( what a stupid name!), he just doesn't do it for me like Christian did, probably because he doesn't show the same patience and forbearance. We know he's damaged, but don't exactly know why , which, if you were intending on just reading one book in the trilogy, would leave the reader frustrated through guessing !

Nicholas
Nicholas

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs editing!, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Nicholas (Kindle Edition)
Dear me! The Americanisms in this are driving me mad. Sheriff instead of magistrate or constable, she "wrote me" instead of "wrote to me " ,fall instead of autumn, the list is endless ! There are some real editing gaffes where grammar is concerned as well! Not one of your best Ms Holt !

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5