Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Kindle Shop Fire Shop now Shop now
Profile for C. CUNLIFFE > Reviews

Content by C. CUNLIFFE

C. CUNLIFFE "Aged Heptaphile" (North Tawton, Devon, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Orff-Schulwerk, Vol.1: Musica Poetica [Import]
Orff-Schulwerk, Vol.1: Musica Poetica [Import]

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic educational aid, 9 Jan. 2012
Like many of us I came across Orff's Schulwerk as the sound track to the film 'Badlands' in the 70's. It haunted me, and it took me ages to identify it. To find that it is actually universally well known if you went to the right sort of school music classes was a bit of an eye opener! I love the gradual development of the music, growing more complicated, ambitious and rewarding as the pupil progresses through the stages of the course - I'm sure all the people who were taught with it now have a far better appreciation and understanding of the technicalities of music than I gained with recorder class once a week! It makes me very cross to think how the teaching of music in English schools has become so patchy, with some schools not bothering at all - at least I lived through the era of BBC Schools broadcasts of "Singing Together". A super possession.

Halcyon Motorcycle Tax Disc Holder - Chrome
Halcyon Motorcycle Tax Disc Holder - Chrome

5.0 out of 5 stars Very suitable for purpose, 9 Jan. 2012
I had to replace my tax disk and holder on my vintage Austin 7 Speedy replica when they fell off, never to be seen again. This holder looks exactly right and I shall be careful to fasten it on in a slightly more secure way, this time! You don't realise just how much everything vibrates on a vintage car with leaf springs ... Very pleased.

Philips Tornado Compact Fluorescent Spiral Light Bulb (B22 23 W) - Warm White
Philips Tornado Compact Fluorescent Spiral Light Bulb (B22 23 W) - Warm White

5.0 out of 5 stars Light where I needed it, 9 Jan. 2012
This lamp certainly gives much more light than the 23W bulb it replaced; the colour and quality are better too. I can't understand some of the more negative comments, perhaps I wouldn't use it for daylight colour matching, but it gives good reading light and illuminates my room very well; it's also much shorter than the old one, making it a more flexible choice for when I have to replace other lamps' bulbs. Very satisfied.

The Making of the British Landscape: How We Have Transformed the Land, from Prehistory to Today
by Francis Pryor

5.0 out of 5 stars A history of our surroundings, 7 Nov. 2011
This book deals with the changes, evolution and development of the British landscape since the end of the Ice Ages. It is, I think, intended to expand upon Hoskins book of the same name since so much has been discovered archaeologically about the English landscape in the earliest period of settlement since Hoskins was active; with a very necessary expansion of the pre and post Industrial period following the development of the disciplines of Industrial Archaeology. I did find myself arguing with Prior's exasperation that the extensive knowledge of the predictability of the calendar in Neolithic times didn't immediately lead to a flowering of 21st century rationalism, but this is a minor point in a very useful and helpful book.

The Milling Machine (Workshop Practice)
The Milling Machine (Workshop Practice)
by Harold Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful briefing, 7 Nov. 2011
I was toying with the idea of getting a vertical milling machine, so I bought this book to see if was really as complicated as I thought. It turns out that all together it is, but that with everything explained clearly and approachably, it was worth having a go. i have now bought the machine; the next step is to accumulate all the other bits like collets and cutters to make it work, which would have been a very hit or miss process without this book. I feel that with this book it will be quite reasonably straightforward; I'd recommend it to anyone else in my position with no access to an evening class and a wish to mill metal. One thing that perhaps should be emphasised; Harold Hall has also produced another milling book in this series which takes the form of a description of all the bits of equipment you need to do milling adequately. It's called 'The Milling Machine - choosing and using' and it is equally helpful and valuable; both books together would be my recommendation - they're so CHEAP! Fantastic value.

Miles In Europe
Miles In Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars Miles in Europe, 22 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Miles In Europe (Audio CD)
I came across the first track ("Autumn Leaves") on BBC Radio 3 and realised that here was a rather special album by Miles that I didn't know about. So I amended the error, and I'm very pleased that I did. The other tracks are just as good, in a less extreme manner than the band progressed to in the next few years. A very good surprise. (Well, it was a surprise for me, anyway. I expect everybody else knew about it years ago!)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, good service, 20 Aug. 2011
I needed these labels in a hurry for an important job. They arrived much sooner than promised and are all that I could ask for. Very good service.

Milling: A Complete Course (Workshop Practice)
Milling: A Complete Course (Workshop Practice)
by Harold Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars A really useful primer, 20 Aug. 2011
I wanted to learn enough about the techniques of milling to know whether it was worth buying a mill. Reading this book has demystified the process successfully and now I suppose the next step is to buy a nice new mill! That's a different story ... Very impressed.

Split Rings Nickel 13mm (Pack of 16) (Product Code - U-B0243A)
Split Rings Nickel 13mm (Pack of 16) (Product Code - U-B0243A)
Offered by things4craft (A UK based craft company)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nickel Plated Split Rings, 19 Jun. 2011
I needed some small split rings to put a chain hanging loop in a heavy winter coat, found these, they came quickly and I can hang up my coat for next winter. Very satisfactory and good value.

Einhell Bench Grinder
Einhell Bench Grinder
Offered by Dealsdirect247

1.0 out of 5 stars Einhell in a handcart, 19 Jun. 2011
The Einhell grinder I bought had to be returned because it had no safety guards, (which are fairly essential with an off-hand grinder), and when I tried running it to see if it was worthwhile making up some guards it turned out to have a motor which refused to turn. As I could not believe that a grinder in this price bracket could have a detent system to stop it running without its guards, I decided it was faulty and returned it, getting a full refund; thank you Amazon. Needless to say I have no idea whether the grinder could do its intended work, so any further comments are superfluous.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8