Profile for Odard > Reviews

Content by Odard

Odard "Odard" (Europe)

niceEshop(TM) 8GB Portable Digital Sound Voice Recorder Pen(Black)
niceEshop(TM) 8GB Portable Digital Sound Voice Recorder Pen(Black)
Offered by niceEshop

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work., 15 April 2016
The instructions are poor but I figured them out. However, the device is not recognised by a Windows 7, a Windows 10, or Windows XP machine so is of no use. I charged it for a while, but no different. Why does Amazon sell this device?

Water Night
Water Night

5.0 out of 5 stars Why isn't this guy better known?, 3 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Water Night (Audio CD)
Outstanding. When David Heard is sad and not for the fient hearted. I hope he can keep wrting like this.

Accessory Village Made To Measure Dedicated Windscreen 360 Degrees Rotatable Suction Mount In Car Holder For Apple iPhone 4 4S 4G 4HD
Offered by Case Guru

2.0 out of 5 stars very happy until it broke, 3 Dec. 2013
I was very happy with this product until it broke about 21 months after buying it. The suction cup has a black plastic disc embedded in it from which a plastic shaft protrudes. The shaft is breaking away and suction is nolonger maintained so the unit will not attach to a window. i hope to repair it with strong glue, but it should not have broken.

Sony Micro Hi-Fi System with Giga Juke Hard Drive Micro set Black,Silver - home audio sets (Home audio micro system, Black, Silver, FM,LW,MW, 2.5 mm, Digital, 4 kg)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product. Needs more attention to detail., 1 Jan. 2008
Generally very happy with the unit. Would I buy it again- I'd probably wait unit model 2 comes out becuase it would be better value for money and would probably include internet radio (this unit has provision for internet connection, when connected can look up track data from the web, so it can't be too hard to integrate internet radio.)

The sound is good. Sound styles: flat/rock/pops/jazz/ etc, but no individualisation (no problem to me).

I had prepared 400 hours of music to load on to the unit, which I did straight away. The unit spent the first five days analysing this unit for the x-DJ feature, leaving the unit in "standby mode" whilst doing this i.e. it will not power off completely. Initially I was very frustrated that when you power the unit off, the fan keeps running and it stays in standby mode. The fan is just about acceptably quiet when playing music, but is noticable when the unit is not playing music. I went as far as re-formating the hard disk, and loaded just 2 CD's, whereupon it took maybe half an hour to analyse the music and shut down fully. The x-DJ feature is good though. You end up listening to music you haven't heard in a while, and wonder why you never play it. I'd say we will use that function the most.

Other minor gripes:
The speaker cables are too short, as is the power flex, each being about 1 meter. The black plastic facia looks a bit cheap.

Not Sony's fault, but if you are a classical music amature (about half my music is classical), mp3 tags are a pain to deal with. You find that the tag "artist" variously might refer to the composer, the orchestra, the conductor, or the soloist. And the Genre: I got about 6 different versions of the genre "classical" in 6 different languages. Plus baroque/chamber/relegious/opera/ and a load of other genres I did not want. I spent quite a few hours sorting and re-working Genre/Artist on the PC before loading the music. But that would apply to any hard disk hifi. I would not recommend loading the music directly via the CD player in large quantities for the above reasons. Non classical music was better behaved, but even here some artists albums show up under different Genres for no apparent reason. (I'm using good old Microsoft's own database linked to Media Player. Bless! Perhaps Gracenote is better, but you would probably need the unit hooked up to the internet permanently for that, which I have not yet got.

I found it easy to set up the network with a cable, but I am connected to a proper server which I think did all the hard work for me. And I mess with computers a good bit. WiFi I have not yet got working. If you buy the Buffalo unit, but it is the model with "AI" at the end, and it does not work, there is a tiny switch on the side of the Buffalo. Try switching it to the "off" position. That way I got to connect to my local wireless network, But I'm still not making it on to the net wirelessly.

On turning on, it takes about 14 seconds to boot up, so switching on the the radio can be a bit frustrating- we all expect instant-on for radio. But you get used to it.