Profile for LIndaLou > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
A Man Called Ove
A Man Called Ove

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely......, 15 Oct. 2017
This review is from: A Man Called Ove (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. It's deeply charming & has an almost whimsical feel good factor. It made me laugh & cry in equal amounts. Just gorgeous

Urban Beach Women's Pasture Ski Trousers - Grey, Large
Urban Beach Women's Pasture Ski Trousers - Grey, Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, nice fit & got them at an ..., 1 Mar. 2015
Good quality, nice fit & got them at an excellent price. Stood up well to a recent hard skiing trip although some of the stitching on the braces has come undone

Kitchen Craft Colourworks Paring Knife, 10 cm - Purple
Kitchen Craft Colourworks Paring Knife, 10 cm - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice & bright!, 20 Jan. 2013
Been looking for a reasonably priced sharp knife for a while. This fits the bill. It's nice & sharp & the lovely purple colour means it's easy to find in the cutlery drawer & washing up bowl.
The cover is really useful too but the only downside for me is the blade is purple like the cover so I've made the mistake of thinking the covers on when its not several times. Could just be me but a word of warning nonetheless.

Fly London Mes, Women's Boots
Fly London Mes, Women's Boots
Price: £85.07 - £136.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely boots but . . ., 20 Jan. 2013
I've had these boots a while & they're gorgeous and much-loved but . . . If you go out in the rain you get wet feet & not just slightly wet - really wet!! Such a shame. They are gorgeous boots though &, unlike another pair of Fly boots I have, are a comfortable fit on my un-skinny calves! I'm a 6.5 and have a 7, I would have ordered a 6 if I'd known how roomy the 7 was.
Would have thought being boots they would have had some protection from the elements.

Agatha Raisin Omnibus: The Quiche of Death, The Potted Gardener, The Vicious Vet and The Walkers of Dembley

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely light read, 1 Sept. 2012
Like others I got this when it was the daily deal at 99p so bargain! Definately not the sort of thing I'd usually read but really enjoyed them, almost against my better judgement!Got sucked in to the stories and now want to know more. Yes Agatha is an annoying & frustrating character & yes its all a bit silly & unbelievable at times but there's still something that keeps you wanting to know what happens in the next instalment & I liked the gentle humour.

Filthy Shades of Gray
Filthy Shades of Gray

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 1 Sept. 2012
Got this on the strength of the reviews which mentioned its humour. Didn't find it funny & was quite bored by the end (stuck with it!). Probably just not my thing. Glad I got it for free, not worth paying for.
For the record . . .Have only read the first chapter of 50 shades of grey & didn't like that either!

Philips AE2012/05 DAB+ Portable Radio with classic Union Jack design
Philips AE2012/05 DAB+ Portable Radio with classic Union Jack design

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little radio!, 1 Sept. 2012
Got mine for using in the kitchen & so far so good! Easy to tune, although we're in a rubbish area for signal. Nice little radio for a good price. Previously bought a Pure portable radio & was very disappointed & a bonus is this works on normal batteries

JML Sit Right Seat Attachment For Posture Aid
JML Sit Right Seat Attachment For Posture Aid

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 26 July 2011
Purchased this for use in the car as I have back problems and have a long drive to do shortly. Am really disappointed as it doesn't fit my car. After reading the reviews I can see this is a problem others have had but I wasn't aware that my car(fiesta) had particularly big seats!Because the strap isn't long enough it can't be fastened securely, which defeats the purpose somewhat. Also it doesn't appear to be a genuine JML product as advertised.

The Defamation of Strickland Banks
The Defamation of Strickland Banks
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe the Hype!, 5 Oct. 2010
Absolutely love this album. Its one of the few albums I can listen to from start to finish without skipping to favourite songs. When I read the reviews on release I thought the whole premise of a story running through the album was a bit cheesy but it isn't! The theme adds to the album but that aside its a collection of excellent stand-alone songs! Loving the new direction from previous, different to anything else out there. Love Ben Drews voice. Definately recommend.

Proper Crimbo (Single Version)
Proper Crimbo (Single Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 27 Jun. 2010
Very silly Christmas song. Always makes me laugh, simple soul that I am!
Never played enough at Christmas I feel, so had to download it!

Page: 1 | 2