Profile for Amazonian Mama > Reviews

Crystal Gems Digging Excavation Kit Gemstones Set
Crystal Gems Digging Excavation Kit Gemstones Set
Offered by Surplus Trade Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm diggin' it!, 15 May 2016
Purchased this set on a last minute whim for my 9 year olds birthday and it was a complete success! She absolutely loved it. It comes with lots of different and wonderful looking gems to discover, along with a bunch of tools (some more effective than others) and a little bag to store the gems in. I thought it only came with one rock (to dig away at) but was really pleased to find that it actually comes with three rocks...and they're huge! This set kept her busy for hours, really captured her attention and was something that she kept wanting to come back to. The only downside is that it's very messy (just put some newspaper or a sheet down, and have a damp cloth on standby - no big deal!). I'm really pleased with this purchase, especially at such a brilliant price, and would happily recommend to others.

Bomb Cosmetics Cherry Bathe-well Giftpack
Bomb Cosmetics Cherry Bathe-well Giftpack

4.0 out of 5 stars Cherry bomb! 🍒, 15 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This set is so beautifully packaged that I didn't want to open it! It would make a very nice gift and no extra wrapping is necessary, hurrah! All of the products inside are individually wrapped and you can smell the set from outside of the box! All of the products look fabulous (my favourite probably being the cupcake bath bomb with cherry on top) and smell cherrylicious...

I use a lot of Lush products so it's hard for me not to compare the two. Bomb aren't as good as Lush in my honest opinion, some of the bath bombs are a bit sticky, which I don't find with Lush bath bombs. I also like the fact Lush appear to use more natural ingredients. With that being said, I still really like this set and feel it's extremely good value for money (and at a fraction of the cost of Lush).

Burt's Bees The Natural Edit, 5-Piece Gift Set
Burt's Bees The Natural Edit, 5-Piece Gift Set

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm buzzing! 🐝, 15 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Beautifully packaged set that would make a nice gift. All products are very good quality, as you would expect from Burt's Bees. I've been using this brand for a while and it never disappoints. My favourite product in the set is the body lotion which is super nourishing and a tiny bit goes a long way. The foot and hand cream smells gorgeous too! Very pleased.

TONI & GUY TGST2992UK Precision Hair Straightener
TONI & GUY TGST2992UK Precision Hair Straightener
Offered by Rainford Online Trading LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars No comparison to GHD's but not bad!, 14 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This hair straighter was smaller than expected, they're not mini as such but they are smaller than most standard size straighteners and the plates are quite thin. These make them good for travelling with and are fine for thin or short hair. However, I doubt they're so suitable for long thick hair (time consuming).

They are very easy to operate. A red light comes on as soon as you switch them on. Although there's no indicator to show when they've heated up enough to use, unlike the likes of GHD, which is a bit annoying. But they only take a minute or so to heat up, which isn't bad at all.

They reach a really high temperature and seem to work very well given the size of them. They take longer to use than my GHD's and results don't last quite as long (can usually rely on my GHD's for the whole day) but as an alternative straightener at a fraction of the price, I would say they're pretty good!

Puppia Soft Harness, L, Pink
Puppia Soft Harness, L, Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect harness 🐾, 14 May 2016
Recently ordered this harness for my French Bulldog. She's a medium sized Frenchie so I went for the large size and it fits perfectly. It's quick and easy to put on and take off, and it's really soft and comfortable for her to wear. It offers very good control and seems really good quality. It looks nice too, so I'm very happy!

Philips HR1836/01 Viva Collection Compact Juicer, 1.5 Litre, 500 Watt - Brushed Aluminium

4.0 out of 5 stars Mini but mighty! 💪, 13 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great little juicer for single juices. I'm the only one who uses it my household so it's perfect for me and doesn't take up much space in the kitchen at all. It's quick and easy to put together and take apart. Cleaning it is pretty simple, as long as you rinse it straight after you've used (otherwise food gets stuck to the filter and it's a nightmare). It's pretty loud for a little machine but that doesn't really bother me. I only find that I need to keep it on for about 20 seconds for a smooth juice (I also like the fact you can swivel the tap upwards so it doesn't drip afterwards). I must admit I do sometimes find it awkward to get the ingredients in to the tube at the top fast enough that it doesn't fling out everywhere! This may be a fault with me rather than the machine? It does make really good smooth juices, I rarely find lumps, although the odd bit of food does sneak through from time to time, like most juicers. Juicers are a great way of more vegetables in to your diet, I stuff this full of the likes of kale and spinach as they're full of goodness and I don't eat them nearly enough as I should. When mixed with fruit you can't even taste the veggies, brilliant! I'd say the only downside of juicers is that they take away the pulp and bits n pieces, which is sometimes good, but in some cases it contains a lot of goodness too... I would recommend this mini juicer to anybody looking to make a single glass of juice at a time.

Besdata® For Apple iPad mini Magnetic Smart Cover Stand + Hard Back Case Free Stylus - Supreme Quality - Protects the Device - UK Stock - Pink - PT2504
Offered by OSAN_MALL

2.0 out of 5 stars There are a lot better out there..., 31 Dec. 2014
I ordered this cover in pink for my Mini iPad and used it regularly for around a month. It looked 'okay' but I certainly wouldn't say it looked good. The back is a pink plastic semi-transparent clip on case and the front is a softer, bendy, magnetic pink cover. They don't really look like they belong together. It worked relatively well for around a month (despite the odd scuff from inside of my bag) and I loved the fact it locked my iPad when I closed it. However out of nowhere the corner of the plastic back case snapped off and then the magnetic strip (that held the front cover on) fell to bits. I have since purchased a new material case which looks a lot nicer (and doesn't come in 2 parts!) and is much better quality. I wouldn't really recommend this at all.

Fireox 10.5 Inch Despicable Me 2 Evil One EYED Purple Minion Plush Toy Bad Minion
Offered by EXQUISITE CARBIN

4.0 out of 5 stars Despicably purple!, 31 Dec. 2014
Firstly, I want to point out that this product took ages to arrive. I ordered it well in advance for Christmas and it arrived 4 days after Christmas! However the product itself is great. I was a little worried about the quality, as I have previously ordered from overseas and some of it has been absolute rubbish but I'm pleasantly surprised on this occasion. Purple Minions are quite hard to find in shops and my daughter is a massive Minion fan, so is really happy to have a purple one to add to her collection! It's a decent size, especially for the price and looks really good - just like the ones from the film (long arms, sticky-out teeth, fluffy hair etc). An added bonus is that it's a one-eyed Minion! I'm happy to recommend.

Disney Princess Dazzling Princess Board Game
Disney Princess Dazzling Princess Board Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Princess perfect!, 5 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My 6 year old is a big fan of Disney Princesses and loves playing this game. Not only is it a fun game but you can play dress up too! The rules are simple, it doesn't take much setting up and it's one that holds my daughters concentration throughout. The only downside is that it's not really suitable for those who aren't up to speed on their Disney films & Disney Princess knowledge! I find the RRP of £19.00 a little high but would definitely recommend purchasing at around the £10.00 mark.

Me To You Tiny Tatty Teddy Memories Box (Beige)
Me To You Tiny Tatty Teddy Memories Box (Beige)
Offered by UK GIFT STORE ONLINE

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Tatty at all!, 21 Nov. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a beautiful looking memory box with plenty of lovely detail, I expected nothing less from Me To You/Tatty Teddy. It's totally unisex too (neutral colours etc) so would make an ideal gift idea for those not knowing whether to buy for a boy or girl!

The memory box is very large, a lot bigger than I expected, which was a nice surprise. It's very deep so there's plenty of room to keep larger objects inside (cards, first outfit, blanket etc). There's a small frame attached to the front of the box too, which you can slide a photo inside. The lid is attached to the box and can be fully opened (like a book). Inside of the lid is a reasonably sized secure storage box/envelope.

The box contains some small envelopes which have 'This envelope contains...' and 'Date...' written on. These are the perfect way and perfect size for storing small things away safety, such as first tooth or curl. There are also 3 small but sturdy drawers built inside the box, these are also very useful for storing away small bits and pieces safety. The box also contains a small photo album that holds up to 10 photographs. The photo album is a nice idea but it's a shame that it doesn't hold a few more photographs. Also, the borders are really large and you end up losing half of the photographs! The last thing to mention is the 'My First Memory Book' which a small and sweet book, that is suitable for jotting down first events such as first steps, first food tasting, first tooth etc.

I would recommend this lovely memory box - it's beautifully decorated and very large, there's plenty of storage space inside and nice extras. However I do think it's a little overpriced and the photo album isn't as good as it could be...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9