Profile for F. Burley > Reviews

Content by F. Burley

F. Burley "Year 3 All Saints'" (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Swallows And Amazons
Swallows And Amazons
by Arthur Ransome

5.0 out of 5 stars Year 3 review, 26 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Swallows And Amazons (Paperback)
Swallows ans Amazons is a good book for sailors.I love this book because I love sailing. This is a book by Arthur Ransome.

This story is about 5 children and 3 share a boat and so do the other two. One bpat is called Swallow and one is called Amazon and they all sail their boats up and down the Norfolk Broads.

I like the part when all children throw Uncle Tom out the window and I like the fact that they have their own private island.

I think that any sailor or people who are about to start sailing would like this book. I would give this book 10/10 because I think it is so realistic.

Hansel and Gretel
Hansel and Gretel
by Michael Morpurgo

5.0 out of 5 stars Year 3 book review, 26 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Hansel and Gretel (Hardcover)
HANSEL AND GRETEL
Hansel and Gretelis an amazing and incredibly good book,written by a fantastic author called Michal Morpurgo.

This book is about Hensel and Gretel. Hansel and Gretel heard about there mum saying she wans them in the forest! The next day they went to the forest,but secretly, Hansel dropped some pebbles on the way. When thre parents got home, Hensel and Gretel also got back helped by the pebbles. The next time time they went to the forest,Hensel dropped some bread instead. When they were going back all they saw was crumbs of bread layed on the floor and about 10 birds eating bread! Because of that now it was now there job to remember the way to there house. Aftere walking they saw a house made of sweets. Suddenly an old women came out of the house made of sweets. So she said,"Come in children."

The best part of the book was when Hansel dropped the bread but the birds ate it,so it was really adventurous, I also liked the bit when Hansel and Gretel find there way home, because I love happy endings.

Overall, all children in Year 2 children, year 3 children and
Year 1 children would love this book because it's extremely interesting and very fun to read. At some points I felt quite worried because when the birds ate the bread. I give this book a score, and it is 10/10 because adventurous, exciting and absolutly the best book I have read in my life. So that is why 10/10 is the score I chose.

Zac Power #2: Deep Waters: 24 Hours to Save the World ... and Finish His Homework
by H I Larry

5.0 out of 5 stars Year three review, 26 Feb. 2010
Zac Power:Deep waters is a fantastic book by H.I.Larry.Zac Power is a big series of books that are action packed.

Zac Power is on his first solo misson and he has to stop B.I.G destroying Worldeye.It is even more exiting when Zac gets knocked out and forgets his memory.

Iliked it when a squid wenton Zacs mini submanine and Zac go knocked out!I liked that part because it was realistic it was allso a very interisting idea. My favourite character is definetely Zac because he is clever.

Overall I think children from year 2 to year 4 would like this book. Children that like adventure stories would like this book.I would like this book 10/10 because it is exiting.

Cows in Action 5: World War Moo
Cows in Action 5: World War Moo
by Steve Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars y3 book review, 26 Feb. 2010
Cow in Action is an adventurous book by Steve Cole, creator of Astrosaurus which is an adventurous book too.

The story is about three cows and one of them builds a time machine which takes them to world war one. The three cows have to fight the Nazis to save England. They have to kill the Butterbot and the Master of it which is the Moonater. they kill both of them and save England.

I liked this book because it's really funny and adventurous. My favourite character is the Butterbot because it's really funny and big. My favourite part was when they killed the Butterbot, helicopters drop down bread and they eat the bread with the Butterbot.

In conclusion this book is for young people in y2 and y3. OverallI would I give it 8/10 because there wasn't much of a battle.

The Faraway Tree Stories: Three Books in One
The Faraway Tree Stories: Three Books in One
by Enid Blyton

5.0 out of 5 stars Y3 review, 26 Feb. 2010
The Faraway Tree is a very magical story written by author called Enid Blyton.

This book is about 3 children named Joe,Beth and Frannie.They ask their mum alot if they can climb The Faraway Tree to see Moonface,Silky the Fairy and Saucepan Man.
When they climb to Moonfaces they eat Pop Cakes and Toffie Shocks and go through
the portal to a diffrent land.

I like when they go down the Slippery Slip because it is cool jumping on a cushion
and then landing on moss. Also it would be fun jumping through a portal,teleporting
to a diffrent land.

I would give this book 10/10 because it is magical and I would reccomend this book to children aged 6-8.

The Worst Witch Collection
The Worst Witch Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars y3 review, 26 Feb. 2010
The Worst witch is by Jill Murphy it is my favrite serises of books .

The story is about a witch called Mildred Hubbel. she ascapes from school and found some witches. luckly she has a spell book so she turns them into snails.

I like the bit were Mildrid went and found the witches and turn them into snails but because when she tuns them into snails she gets the spell wrong I dont like the bit where she fallls of the broom because its scary

I loved this book and I would recomend this book to year 2-year 4 I would give this book 10/10 because it is really funny and silly.

Princess Ellie and the Moonlight Mystery (Pony-mad Princess)
Princess Ellie and the Moonlight Mystery (Pony-mad Princess)
by Diana Kimpton

5.0 out of 5 stars Year 3 Book Review, 26 Feb. 2010
Princess Ellies Moonlight Mystery is an incredibly funny book by Diana Kimpton.She is a great author

This story is about a girl called Princess Ellie Who goes camping with her best friend Sofie. Princess Ellie's father packs a mobile phone so if any thing bad happens they will get colected straight away. One evening there is a sniffing noise
outside the tent! They both creep outside and see a wolf! The wolf comes every night
but every time the girls come out of the tent the wolf runs away. On last night
of their camping trip they find out its Sunlight the pony!

I like the fact that Ellie and Sofie both have ponies because I love them. One part
is a bit scary because they see a wolf. My favourite character is Ellie because she
looks like me.

I would recommond this book to people who like camping and ponies because camping is
the main adventure and the two main characters have ponies.

Cock-A-Doodle-Do (Mudpuddle Farm)
Cock-A-Doodle-Do (Mudpuddle Farm)
by Michael Morpurgo

5.0 out of 5 stars y3 book reveiw, 26 Feb. 2010
Mudpuddle Farm
Mudpuddle Farm is a amazing book by the famos Michael Morpurgo who has written over 100 books.

This story is about a cat called Curnol. One day the farmer found some rats in his corn,so he called Curnol. "You catch me 26 mice",but Curnol could'nt. Suddenly the goose had an brilliant idea,so they called the mice to a meeting."Please play dead so Curnol does'nt have to leave". So the mice did and Curnol did have to leave the farm.

I loved the bit when Curnol has to catch 26 mice and I found it funny when the mice were all chatting at the meeting. i dislike the bit when Curnol naerly has to leave the farm because it does'nt fit in to the story very well at all.

In conclusion this is an amazing book for four to eight year olds. I would give this book 8/10.

The Tail of Emily Windsnap: Book 1
The Tail of Emily Windsnap: Book 1
by Liz Kessler

5.0 out of 5 stars Y3 book review, 26 Feb. 2010
This is an incredible by an author that I don't know very well called Liz Kesslen. I think she has written a couple of books. This book is called the tale of Emily Windsnap.

This book is about a girl called Emily. Emily find s out she's a mermaid.She also finds out that her long-lost dad is a merman. She goes in search of her dad with her best freind Shona,while Emily's mum is getting brain swiped by Mr Beeston. Emily's mum forgets all about her old husbend.

I absolutely loved this book because I love a good adventure,but you don't even get a clue that Mr Beeston is bad. I really bit when Emily meets Shona. The first half is not so intresting, because nothing really happens. The second half is like a fairy tale.

Overall I recommend this book to people who like adventure stories.I think people really enjoy this book.

Kragos and Kildor the Two-Headed Demon: Special 4 (Beast Quest)
Kragos and Kildor the Two-Headed Demon: Special 4 (Beast Quest)
by Adam Blade

5.0 out of 5 stars year 3 book review, 26 Feb. 2010
Beast Quest is an amazing book writen by Adam Blade.All children would love this book.

The story is about a little boy who goes on a quest and there are 30 Beasts to free. Tom wears the golden armer.He has to free them from bad.He gets special abilies after his quest and put it on his shiled.He needs to quickly get into Gogonia to kill the beats.

I like the bit about the book when Soltra whips the Farmer and he turned to stone. What. I dislike about it is when Soltra whent in the sky because it diden't tell me how she got there.

I would say that year 3 boys would enjoy this book,because it has a good main character with special helpers to help Tom in his quest. His helpers are Tom Elenor Silver who is a wolf and Storm who is a horse.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6