Profile for Amazonbuyer > Reviews

Content by Amazonbuyer

Amazonbuyer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Perixx PERIBOARD-407B, Mini Keyboard - Wired USB Interface - Piano Black - 320x141x25mm Dimension - Chiclet Key Design - UK Layout
Offered by Perixx UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable little keyboard, 13 July 2017
I am a software engineer and type 8+ hours a day, so I wanted an ergonomic mini keyboard with a low profile and a standard UK layout and apparently this keyboard is the only one keyboard out there that ticks all these checkboxes. The only non-standard thing in this keyboard is that because they squeezed the arrow keys right below the enter keys, the right shift is shorter and it's actually the up-arrow key that is placed immediately under the enter key (not the long shift), but so far I did not have any problems with this (I thought I would). The layout of this keyboard is almost identical to that of old pre-numpad UK Toshiba Satellite L300 laptop (sigh), which I think was perfect.

I just find it very difficult to see any reason why other vendors decide to customise the layout so that their users are no longer able to use "normal" keyboards efficiently afterwards and there will always be context switching involved - I think it's an extremely stupid thing to do.

Anyway, back to this keyboard, it has very low profile, short key path and a very low actuation force (lower then most membrane keyboards IMHO). I have a Das Keyboard Ultimate soft-clicky, and in terms of actuation force it's very similar - and together with the shorter key travel and no numpad wasted space - it's a very comfortable little keyboard. I have had the keyboard for one day only, but I'm very pleased with the purchase so far.

Aplic - Optical Vertical Mouse | Bionic Feel Volute Design / ergonomic design / prevent mouse arm (RSI Syndrome) | 3 DPI stages 1000 / 1600 / 2000 dpi | 6 keys | only for right-handed
Offered by CSL-Computer

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 13 July 2017
My colleagues have Anker and Evoluent, but I chose this one and think I was right - this mouse beats both with a huge margin. Evoluent - VERY expensive while not as convenient as this one and the most surprising of all has a weak(cheap?) sensor that does not work on many surfaces and requires of sheet of paper or a mouse-pad. Anker is ok, but IMHO this mouse looks better, feels better and given the price, is the "impossible to beat" choice at the moment.
The mouse has very ergonomic and well thought design, it has a very sensitive sensor which seems to work on any surface. Additional keys and DPI selector is a bonus. So, overall I am extremely happy with the purchase and thinking of buying another one.

Topoint® Keyboard Wrist Support Comfortable Platform Rubber Cushion Keyboard Pad Wrist Rest with Meomery Foam for Laptops/ Notebooks/ MacBooks (370*82*20MM)- Black
Offered by HaoYi

5.0 out of 5 stars A good looking and well made wrist support., 28 Jun. 2017
I'm currently using it with Das Keyboard S ultimate and both width and heights seem perfect for me. I specifically bought the short version since I own both full size and tenkeyless keyboards (and never actually use the numpad and arrow keys anyway).
I reckon it will work best with 60% keyboards, but will likely be too short for full size and perhaps even tenkeyless keyboard for those who use arrow keys and the numpad a lot.

Very happy.

Effective STL: 50 Specific Ways to Improve Your Use of the Standard Template Library: 50 Specific Ways to Improve the Use of the Standard Template Library (Professional Computing)
by Scott Meyers

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely useful, 11 April 2017
Books by Scott Mayers are the best reading material available about C++. I keep the whole series on my desk as a reference.
It's huge fun to read, as well.

The North Face Micro Byte Backpack - Black/Red/TNF Black/Pompeian Red, One Size
The North Face Micro Byte Backpack - Black/Red/TNF Black/Pompeian Red, One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Best backpack I have ever had., 11 April 2017
Best backpack I have ever had. It's North Face. point.

Philips Series 3000 Beard & Stubble Trimmer QT4013/23 with Stubble comb
Philips Series 3000 Beard & Stubble Trimmer QT4013/23 with Stubble comb

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks again, Phillips., 1 Aug. 2016
Philips had never let me down, and this item is not exception. Fantastic quality and pleasant to use.
I wish I payed a bit more to get the Philips 7000 or something with the embedded vacuum cleaner though. Anyway very happy with it.

Mechanical Keyboard - Noppoo Lolita Spyder 87 - Black Case [ISO UK] (Brown Switches)

1.0 out of 5 stars I was happy with the keyboard until it died. Garbage., 1 Aug. 2016
I bought it to replace the basic one I had in the office. The keyboard is comparable with my Das Keyboard Ultimate S with brown switches even though it's 3 times cheaper. I'm quite impressed with the Kahl switches and I can hardly feel the difference between the them and the cherries. The keyboard looks & feels like a tank - very sturdy and made to last.
Some of my colleagues got the same keyboard as well after I did.

Some people may find it a bit too high (it's a bit higher then my das keyboard) and may want to use a wrist rest with it. It seems to work well for me even without it though.

Edit:
Downgrading my review from 5 to 1 since today the keyboard has died - 4 keys in the top row (o p [ ]), b key, up/down, home/end, some F# keys stopped working. Nothing was spilled on the keyboard and there is no apparent reason why it would die.
It's been less then one year since the date of purchase, so complete junk. Waste of money - very disappointed.

east2eden Wicker Willow Brown Very Sturdy Storage Basket Hamper & Canvas Liner in Choice of Sizes (Medium)
Offered by east2eden

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 July 2016
Great product. As described. Thank you

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2016
Great product! As described, light and sturdy. Thank you!

Effective C++: 55 Specific Ways to Improve Your Programs and Designs (Professional Computing)
by Scott Meyers

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 1 Feb. 2016
A must-have book for everyone writing code in C++. I have access to the online version of the book via my company's Safari subscription, but found myself getting back to things I've read so often that I decided to buy a paper version for reference. Well written and extremely helpful book (and the whole series by Scott Meyers).
Amazon was so nice to deliver it to me on the next working day, so great experience all along.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3