Profile for Crystal > Reviews

Angel Numbers
Angel Numbers
by Doreen Virtue PhD

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 6 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Angel Numbers (Paperback)
Nice little book, but must admit I sooner find the info online. But nevertheless a nice book to have!

Robin Wood Tarot: The Book
Robin Wood Tarot: The Book
by Robin Wood

5.0 out of 5 stars like I do, 6 Jan. 2015
This is a must have when you use the Robin Wood Tarot, like I do. I use it regularly when doing a reading, she explains very thoroughly why she drew a card the way she did, including explanations on every single detail. Just reading that helps me to tap into what the card is trying to tell me in a reading. Extremely helpful when you get stuck. Great book!! Wouldn't want to miss it for the world!

Crystal Technology in Atlantis CD (Atlantis Information and Meditations)
Crystal Technology in Atlantis CD (Atlantis Information and Meditations)
by Diana Cooper
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 6 Jan. 2015
Good information and wonderful meditation. Well worth the buy!

Masters of the Shadowlands: Volume 1
Masters of the Shadowlands: Volume 1
by Cherise Sinclair

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this so much, 6 Jan. 2015
I loved this so much, I got most of the other books of the sequel in as well! The way it's written makes it accesible for people that are new to the subject BDSM, yet if you are familiar with it, it is still a great read!
If you're just curious what it's all about, but don't want to get in to deep just yet, this is definitely the book to get. The insight and psychological understanding of the author is real good!

Healing Crystal First Aid Manual: A Practical A to Z of Common Ailments and Illnesses and How They Can Be Best Treated with Crystal Therapy
by Michael Gienger

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great First Aid Healing Manual!, 6 Jan. 2015
The remedies in this book, as well as the knowledge of the author, not only on crystals but ailments and diseases as well, are great! I have used it quite a lot and it has saved me from having to take pain killers on several occasions!
Very insightful, and absolutely worth every cent!

Love on a Rotten Day: An Astrological Survival Guide to Romance
Love on a Rotten Day: An Astrological Survival Guide to Romance
by Hazel Dixon-Cooper

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, totally different approach, 15 April 2014
I love the sarcasm and wit used in this book. It makes it really fun to read while it is still spot on!
Nice for someone who's got an interest in astrology but wouldn't easily read a tome and/or 'stale' book. It always makes me giggle, and some things are more like "ouch" when she puts the finger on a sore spot (something you rather not admit about yourself).

Gilded Reverie Lenormand
Gilded Reverie Lenormand
by Ciro Marchetti

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous artwork, 15 April 2014
I've tried to use a default Lenormand deck for years, never could relate to it, it didnt's 'speak' to me at all. Then I saw this deck, wow! The colours are so warm, the artwork is gorgeous making these cards very accessible to me. Finally it's a joy to get my Lenormand cards out! The only downside so far is practical: they're so smooth that they easily slip out whilst shuffling. I've had them end up on the floor several times now. But I like the cards so much, I still rate them with 5 stars.
I love the box they come in, hardcover, opens on the side and which has a magnet in it to close it. Very easy, practical and the box will probably last quite long without falling apart/getting damaged (always annoys me when that happens, so to me this is a big plus, lol)

The Essential Lenormand: Your Guide to Precise & Practical Fortunetelling
The Essential Lenormand: Your Guide to Precise & Practical Fortunetelling
by Rana George

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book on Lenormand I ever read!, 15 April 2014
Finally a book that really explains how to use the Lenormand, in great detail and with lots of examples! All my other books by so called renowned writers can go out the window, lol. Most only give explanations per card and some spreads, they only confused me and made me put my deck away, time and again. Rana explains numerous spreads, including the grand tableau. Finally someone that takes you through "how to read a GT" step-by-step!
I'm so happy, I feel confident again that I will indeed get the hang of Lenormand (finally!). I've been busy with it for years, asking advice on fora, buying & reading books, none of which gave me the info this book has given me (esp. a thorough explanation on the GT!). I felt so discouraged, thinking it wasn't for me after all, but the cards kept calling, so I kept trying, getting more and more confused.
If you want to start with Lenormand, this is your 'Bible'!

Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man: What Men Really Think About Love, Relationships, Intimacy, and Commitment
by Steve Harvey

2.0 out of 5 stars Reads easy but very old-fashioned and Americanized, 11 Feb. 2014
The book reads easily, some stuff is good and recognizable as well. But I don't like how he portraits women as emotional nitwits. He underwrites the typical male (and very derogatory) view of women in general. Maybe it's an age thing, as he isn't that young anymore, and a cultural thing, we in the Netherlands aren't like what he describes, maybe a few generations ago, yes, but not anymore.

The author seems to think it's normal and self-explanatory that his wife gave up her adventurous hobbies, because HE can't handle it? Sorry, but grow up and do some personal development! He tells women we should forget about trying to change our man, in the meantime expecting his woman to change, because he isn't mature enough to deal with what she's like. Sorry ...

If your old-fashioned in thinking, you will find this a great book. It underwrites male & female role patterns that are becoming increasingly obsolete. I doubt if the average Dutch ( or west European) man will even recognize himself in this. But I'm guessing it's still contemporary in the States.
Let me put it this way: If you liked Archie Bunker (All in the Family), you'll love this book. If not, find something more 2014.

Breaking Free: Volume 3 (Masters of the Shadowlands)
Breaking Free: Volume 3 (Masters of the Shadowlands)
by Cherise Sinclair

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, great author!, 7 Jan. 2014
I love this book, the writer's insight in BDSM is astounding. The build up throughout the series "Masters of the Shadowlands" is very well done. This story is particularly wonderful as Beth has been abused and the Dom has to really win her trust.
Everything that's good about this book (and others from the sequel) has been posted, if you're into the subject, steaming hot scenes and love, it's a must read!

Page: 1 | 2