Profile for Fi > Reviews

Content by Fi

Fi

Clip on Lights, Kingland LED Desk Lamp 2-Level Dimmable 24 Eye-Care LED (12 Cool White LEDs, 12 Warm White LEDs) Flexible Children Book Reading Bedside Bed Bedroom Craft Music Stand Clamp USB Table Lamp 5W(White)

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall, would recommend, 6 July 2017
I bought two of these for lighting when recording online tutorials and they work really well for that. I like that they have no footprint because they clamp on. I don't like the fact that the lamp is white but the cord is black so either way it won't blend in. I also think that the way the cable comes out could be a bit more unobtrusive. And it's inconvenient that it only has a usb plug. Overall though, these do just want I wanted.

AKG Y45BT Wireless Bluetooth NFC Rechargeable Mini Stereo On-Ear Headphones with Detachable Audio Cable and Volume Control/Microphone - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth - good, wired - bad, 19 Oct. 2016
I'm a bit disappointed in these headphones, I was expecting better for the price. Though I have a big head and wear glasses I've never had a problem as long as the headphones are extendable, but these become uncomfortable after an hour or so. The extension doesn't widen the headphones at all, it just lengthens them, so I'm concerned that stretching them over my head will stress the band and it will snap, as I saw on another reviewer's picture. The bluetooth works fine, no problems there, but the wired connection doesn't. It's flaky, I have to fiddle with the connection to the headphones for ages and sometimes it still doesn't work, or I'm listening to music and it's all fine except the vocal sounds far away and tinny. When I switch to bluetooth it sounds normal. It's been like this from the beginning and I've been using the headphones for maybe three months.
I bought them for using by bluetooth but have found myself wanting to use the wired connection more than I had expected and as that function is a bit crummy, I wouldn't recommend these headphones.
Also, the pouch they come with is rubbish. It's completely flat so while you could fit a few loose CDs in there, you can't comfortably or confidently use it for this product.

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels) (Kate Daniels Novels)
Magic Bites (Kate Daniels) (Kate Daniels Novels)
by Ilona Andrews
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars loved it!, 27 Sept. 2007
I really enjoyed this book. I sometimes think that urban fantasy kind of books over-explain things, but here, the magic/tech waves, the city in ruins, the magical beings etc were all presented in a straightforward way. It's nice to see vampires as something other than the coolest kids in town. I like the relationship potential not being guaranteed and the general emotional distance of the heroine felt right. I hate hate hate the title, so much so I wouldn't have read the book if it hadn't been particularly recommended to me. And the cover didn't help either, I thought it and the title both screamed young adult, so then I was a bit unprepared for the blood and gore (but not unwelcoming!).