Profile for robert ellis > Reviews

Stanley Young is Planning a Murder: in a Very Precise and Intricate Manner
Stanley Young is Planning a Murder: in a Very Precise and Intricate Manner
by G. A. Milnthorpe

5.0 out of 5 stars Rain Man meets Rain Mac?!, 24 Oct. 2013
The blurb states that the author's friends think that Stanley is somewhat autobiographical - I don't know whether I feel more sorry for the author being stuck inside Stanley's head, or his friends and family having to put up with him!

This book starts off slowly, in surroundings that are as difficult to decipher as Stanley's ultimate plans; but builds to a steamy climax involving sweaty cellulite and a big black bushy moustache - I didn't see it coming at all!

A great first book from a new author; I will be hoping for future instalments so that I can understand where Stanley's final smile is going to take us next.

Notebook Master A4 lined red
Notebook Master A4 lined red

1.0 out of 5 stars Not ink proof, 30 Aug. 2013
Gutted!

I bought three of these based on the companies guarantee of being ink proof - it's not at all. Ink from my medium conway stewart and a standard parker fountain bleeds through worse than on much cheaper products. The size of the journal is nice, as is the layout - but for my purposes it is completely useless.