Profile for Quality Guy > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Park Tool FR2C 2-Pin Bicycle Cassette/Freewheel Remover - Black
Park Tool FR2C 2-Pin Bicycle Cassette/Freewheel Remover - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, cheaper versions don't., 29 Mar. 2014
Tried a cheaper tool which had a big hole through the centre making ITT diifiucult to fix to freewheel with QR skewer, and the pins bent before the freewheel on an old 70s bike moved.

This one fixed in plasce with the QR skewer really well and stood up to some serious hammering to loosen the freewheel. Which eventually loosened. Great quality!

Funkier Cycling Top Gents Long Sleeve Winter Jersey in Yellow Red (Yellow, L)
Funkier Cycling Top Gents Long Sleeve Winter Jersey in Yellow Red (Yellow, L)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, superb quality at an incredible price- highly recommended., 29 Mar. 2014
Excellent top, great quality at a good price. Fairly warm on a cool day but does let some wind through. I have a windproof top for colder (<5°C) days but I find I have worn this more during the winter. On colder days I wear a base layer underneath and it works great.

Really well made, top quality finish. My favourite cycling top, I will miss it over the summer!

Shimano Pdm324 Single Sided Spd (pack of 2)
Shimano Pdm324 Single Sided Spd (pack of 2)
Offered by Biketart Store

3.0 out of 5 stars Really not sure..., 29 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Reversible SPD Pedal (Sports)
SPD Side works fine, flat side works fine but whichever side I want to use, I always seem to end up with my foot on the wrong side... Not helped by my feet. Slipping off the flats (maybe because I am used to using SPDs).

I bought these as I use SPDs on all m!y bikes (road and hybrid) but couldn't decide if I wanted to use SPD or flats on my new mountain bike on the trails... Still haven't decided but will definitely use one or the other, not these halfway house pedals.

Nothing wrong with the quality of the pedals, but the concept didn't work for me...

Charge Spoon Saddle - Black
Charge Spoon Saddle - Black
Offered by Singletrack Distribution Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Really uncomfortable, 11 Aug. 2013
Bought this saddle for my 2nd bike based on many reviews claiming it is comfortable; I know everyone is different but I really can't believe I am that much different to the many reviewers...

I finf that this saddle really puts pressure on my perineum area and actually causes numbness, I end up having to stand for a while to let the blood flow and let my nerves recover.

My other bike has a Selle Italia XC Shiver Saddle which is so much more comfortable with cut-outs in all the key places.

[...]

This saddle is actually more uncomfortable than the cheap saddle that came with my bike.

I have only given it two stars because it is well made and if it is comfortable for you - great, but for me this has been a real disappointment.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2016 7:49 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 22 Feb. 2013
This light is smaller than I expected (even after reading reviews etc); it is about the size of a slim box of matches.

As it is so small it takes up minimal space on the handlebars but the light it gives out is really impressive. It gives both a beam as well as a wide light and is more than adequate for lighting dark roads and for being seen.

There are two brightness levels (both are very bright) as well as strobe and flashing. Strobe is bright and can be used even for daytime riding to help you to be noticed.

The light charges via USB and I got a good 3.5 hours at the brightest level and about 9 hours on strobe. The dimmer constant light gives about 5 hours and is bright enough for most urban and even some unlit road cycling.

The light it gives off has a slight blue tinge - but this is not really noticeable in use.

Overall very impressed and would recommend.

PDair Hand made Black Leather Flip Case for HTC Desire,
PDair Hand made Black Leather Flip Case for HTC Desire,

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 9 Dec. 2012
Well made case, good fit, robust and a good price.

Can't fault this item, have been using for a few months and shows no signs of wear.

Rapid Eyewear Pro Performance Plus Rx Sports Frame for Spectacle Wearers, with Interchangeable UV400 Polarised, Clear & Low Light Lenses
Offered by Rapid Eyewear Sunglasses for Sport

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 9 Dec. 2012
Bought these without prescription lenses, I had to shop around a bit to get an optician to fit lenses at a good price but a small independent optician did them for £30 with no fuss. The big chains either were not interested or quoted silly money (£60 in one case!)

The glasses themselves are excellent, the range of lenses are superb, I find I use the yellow ones most as they really improve contrast and are good in most lighting conditions. All lenses block UV and the light and dark tint lenses are polarised which is really helpful in reducing glare from cars / wet roads.

The glasses come in a strong case with separate pouches for each of the lenses. The lenses are easy to change with what appears to be strong metal spring clips.

They are supplied with a headband but I have not found this necessary as the legs are rubberised in the inside and the nose bridge is a good fit and is effective in stopping them slipping.

The glasses are a good fit (I have a very large head - 7 7/8) and very comfortable in use.

I really recommend these glasses - any questions, let me know and I will try to answer. Pleased with my purchase.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2013 8:10 PM GMT

Mens More Mile black thermal cycle tights MM1358
Mens More Mile black thermal cycle tights MM1358

2.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings..., 11 Nov. 2012
These tights are surprisingly warm, they are quite difficult to zip up at the ankles and most disappointing is that the stitching has started to come away on one leg after only 3 wears...

I may have caught the stitching but I don't think so... If it had not been for this problem, I would have recommended.

XLC Set of 4 V-Brake Pads
XLC Set of 4 V-Brake Pads
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 Nov. 2012
This review is from: XLC Set of 4 V-Brake Pads (Misc.)
Replaced the worn pads which came with my bike with these and what a difference.

These pads will stop your wheels dead if applied with any real pressure - be careful first time you use them!

By applying progressively the pads give great control and the level of confidence I have when stopping is tremendous - it's great to know that you have the braking power to go from gentle braking to locking the wheels completely.

Can't recommend these enough - no idea about wear yet or how they perform in the wet - but I suspect both will be OK and even if they were to wear quickly, at this price I wouldn't hesitate to buy the same again.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 1 Sept. 2012
Excellent top - like others I bought the orange and black; the orange is Hi Viz orange (not obvious from the photo).

I ordered two shirts and the arrived a day later. They have two open pockets and one zipped pocket.

Highly recommended.