Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop now George Michael - MTV Replugged Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now
Profile for Dan Smith > Reviews

Content by Dan Smith

Dan Smith (Leicester)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Raven
The Raven

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Written, 15 July 2017
This review is from: The Raven (Audio CD)
Beautifully written songs that are somewhat over-produced.

Double Fantasy
Double Fantasy

2.0 out of 5 stars Not A Fan, 13 July 2017
This review is from: Double Fantasy (Audio CD)
Not a big fan; Mind Games did my head in as a child and I've been living in Cloud Cuckooland ever since.

Nimrod (U.S. Version)
Nimrod (U.S. Version)
Offered by wantitcheaper

3.0 out of 5 stars Zesty, 13 July 2017
This review is from: Nimrod (U.S. Version) (Audio CD)
Nice and zesty and cheerful in a smiley way; young lads combatting the world and the dull future that awaits most people.

Born To Run
Born To Run

3.0 out of 5 stars A Good Record, 11 July 2017
This review is from: Born To Run (Audio CD)
I'll tell you now; I'm not a Bruce Springsteen fan: bombastic, overblown, inaccurate. However; like so many things in life; you have to take it on faith.

My Idea of Fun: A Cautionary Tale
My Idea of Fun: A Cautionary Tale
by John Arden

4.0 out of 5 stars The One And Only, 11 July 2017
There was a time when Will Self was the vanguard of modern literature. Most of us had left Uni and were having bruising encounters with work and Self made the bus ride into work, with bosses who couldn't care less; a whole lot more enjoyable.

Well done, Will.

The Remains Of The Day [DVD] [2001]
The Remains Of The Day [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Anthony Hopkins

3.0 out of 5 stars Good For The Time, 10 July 2017
It's on The Sony Movie Channel now and looks cringe worthy - however, at the time; it was elegant, understated and hopeful for the sort of political climate we were living in at the time under John Major.

Frankie & Johnny [DVD] [1992]
Frankie & Johnny [DVD] [1992]
Dvd ~ Al Pacino
Offered by Just4-U-Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Great American Film, 9 July 2017
I love it and thought Pfeiffer and Pacino were a great pairing, and this was their second outing after Scarface - a great American product.

Mean Streets [Blu-ray]
Mean Streets [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Harvey Keitel

3.0 out of 5 stars Latchkey Kids., 9 July 2017
This review is from: Mean Streets [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
It's all right; Yes the Production Values are tiny but as a latchkey kid myself this is the only way to make a living for young actors and film directors. There's a lot of pep in the performances and even more lack lustre artistes like Mr. Keitel are shown to be giving a good turn.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes [DVD]
Rise of the Planet of the Apes [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Franco

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid Piece of Entertainment., 9 July 2017
It was classic Hollywood; nodding to some of the films of the past; with a Macguffin, and the usual technical brilliance Hollywood excels at.
Fluid script; excellent performances and high Production Values.

The Stranger
The Stranger

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 8 July 2017
This review is from: The Stranger (Audio CD)
Only okay...I'm not a huge fan though I did buy Always A Woman when I was younger and the phrase "and all she will do is throw shadows at you" sticks in the mind as I live my mother. Got to say; the shadows seem a lot darker than they did when I was just a boy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20