Profile for Mr T I Parsons > Reviews

Content by Mr T I Parsons

Mr T I Parsons (Bognor Regis, West Sussex United Kingdom)

The Day the Sea Went out and Never Came Back (Helping Children with Feelings)
The Day the Sea Went out and Never Came Back (Helping Children with Feelings)
by Margot Sunderland

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, 7 Jan. 2012
Following the death of my disabled daughter (one year old), I was recommended this book to read with my three year old son. It has been a painful time for my family and this book is one of many we use to help comfort and explain the pain of grieving for a close family member. My son loves the story and continuously asks questions about what is happening. The discussion that takes place during the story is priceless - discussion that would be difficult to replicate through day to day conversation. The illustrations are simple and appropriate for a young child. I like the fact the characters show little facial expression as I guess this allows the child reader to explore their own emotions without being influenced by the characters own emotions. I would suggest the book works best when read together with the child - to really explore the meaning.

When I read the book with my counsellor, I cried, as the poignant story is a very true reflection (for me), of the journey I am on at the moment. It was emotional reading this journey in such a clever way.

The cover is not as thick as some children's books but my son doesn't care and if it meant the book was published rather than not (due to printed a thicker book being too expensive to print), then that's good for me. The book is well worth it. I don't think children care about the quality of the pages!

This book is a real find.

Suzie Two: A Numberline Lane Book
Suzie Two: A Numberline Lane Book
by Fiona and Nick Reynolds

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Books For Young Children!, 11 May 2003
I was extremely pleased with Numberline lane. I have never before reviewed anything on the internet but I was so impressed with these excellent set of children's books I decided to tell others about it. As a teacher, the books are a very good resource in the classroom to get children interested in numbers and the beginnings of mathematical thinking. So impressed as I was with the carefully written text and the beautiful illustrations, I have since bought all 5 books for my nieces and nephews.
Congratulations to Fiona and Nick Reynolds for creating such a wonderful set of books.