Profile for Anthony Travis > Reviews

Content by Anthony Travis

Anthony Travis (Reading UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac (UK)
Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac (UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great utility! Runs Windows and Windows program seamlessly on my MacBook Pro, 3 Dec. 2016
This just works.
Software is easy to download & install [even for a Mac novice] and I am now running Windows [I went for Windows 10] on my new Macbook Pro, without having to leave the Mac environment. So I can access my [expensively-bought] Win-based MS Office Pro and Adobe CS6 programs from the Mac desktop.
Having read comments having to buy a new Parallels licence when you upgrade your OSx, I upgraded to the latest version before installing.

Windows 10 Pro Activation Key for 32 / 64 Bit
Windows 10 Pro Activation Key for 32 / 64 Bit

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased. Don't understand how this works, but it does!, 3 Dec. 2016
I wanted to install Windows in a virtual machine on my Macbook.
I was sceptical about this, but my scepticism was completely unfounded, I am pleased to say!!
I downloaded and ISO image, followed the printed instructions and it installed like a dream, using the code to upgrade to Windows Pro.

AUKEY USB 3.0 Hub 3 Port with 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Aluminum Hub with USB 3.0 cable for iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, MacBook, Mac Mini, PCs and Laptops
Offered by Tianyue Dazzling

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressive. Works well and looks good too..., 28 Nov. 2016
Bought this for my Macbook Pro, which has lots of connectivity but no Ethernet link.
Works very well with my Gigagbit switch.
Also v. impressive USB3 speeds with my flash drives.
...and it looks good with my Macbook
Recommended!

Andrex Classic White Toilet Roll Tissue Paper - 45 Rolls
Andrex Classic White Toilet Roll Tissue Paper - 45 Rolls

5.0 out of 5 stars Puppies get more off, 18 Nov. 2016
Good value.
Quick delivery.

Zoom H1 and 32 GB Memory Card Bundle
Zoom H1 and 32 GB Memory Card Bundle

2.0 out of 5 stars A mismatched bundle - card doesn't fit recorder, 18 Nov. 2016
This is a review of the bundle I bought, not the individual products. The reason I am giving a two star rating is that the memory card supplied as part of the bundle DOESN'T FIT THE RECORDER and is therefore about as much use as the proverbial chocolate teapot. Perhaps I should have spotted the difference in formats, but I naively assumed that a memory card being sold with a digital recorder would actually fit the device it was partnered with.
The recorder itself seems to do what it says on the tin. Easy to use, great quality and choice of formats.
Can't comment on the card because it's going back...

Noza Tec LED Low Energy Security Flood Light With PIR Sensor,20W Warm White IP65 Rated
Offered by Bailun Best Sell

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, easy to install and very bright, 1 Aug. 2016
These were very good value and look identical to ones from a large Electrical/Plumbing chain costing almost twice as much.

They seem robustly constructed and were easy to fit - as with all floods of this pattern it's a pain having to remove the bracket to mark up/fix, but in this case the pivot screws thread easily and are large enough to grip/get a small adjustable on.

One massive bonus is that they come pre-wired - you just need to cut the plug off and wire to a weatherproof box [or leave it on and plug into a weatherproof socket if you're made of money :) ]. The ones I bought from the afore-not-mentioned chain came requiring wiring, which was very VERY fiddly and added 20 mins to the installation of each unit as it was almost impossible to get the conductors to sit flat enough to get the back on.

Can't comment on durability as I only installed them last week, but they are very bright and the PIR seems adequately sensitive.

I would definitely buy again.

The only reason this doesn't get Five Stars is the lack of setting instructions to leave with the consumer on the enclosed leaflet, which also doesn't say whether these have an override facility.

iPhone SE / 5S / 5 Case, Ringke [FUSION] Crystal Clear PC Back TPU Bumper [Drop Protection/Shock Absorption Technology] for Apple iPhone SE (2016) / 5S (2013) / 5 (2012) - Black
Offered by Ringke_Direct

1.0 out of 5 stars Missing screen protector, 23 April 2016
I spotted this and was also looking for screen protectors. However, the Ringke blurb promises a free HD laser-cut screen protector is included, so of course I didn't order an extra one.
Oops. There is no screen protector in the package, so I have to pack the thing up to return it for a refund, and then deliver it to the Post Office - a pain.
In the meantime, my brand new phone [with a new Vodafone SIM which doesn't fit the old one] has no case or screen protector - essential for the work I do as it's in and out of overalls pocket - another pain.
All in all not very impressed at all with Ringke quality control.
Silver lining was very helpful Amazon staff, who sorted out refund/return and arranged next-day delivery of a replacement.
UPDATE:
...and the replacement had no screen protector either - re-pack this one too and get an RMA from Amazon. Another trip to the Post Office to return it and another hour wasted. Not at all happy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2016 5:22 PM BST

CLOTHES MOTH TRAPS x 10
CLOTHES MOTH TRAPS x 10
Offered by Anglia Farm Supplies

2.0 out of 5 stars Container good, sticky pad awful, 15 July 2015
This review is from: CLOTHES MOTH TRAPS x 10 (Misc.)
Good idea but the execution is poor.
Pheromone glue from the pads [and the plastic peel-off sheet, which retains a pretty thick coating too and adds to the problems] gets everywhere [hands, clothes, surfaces] when you are handling them. This stuff is very hard to remove once it's on your skin or on, say, a table top; it's not immediately soluble in soap & water. They're a real fiddle to get into, and keep in, the containers because there is no adhesive on the other side to hold them in.
I would say the pads need a hazard warning or at least removal instructions, as there is no indication of what chemicals are in the glue, or of how harmful [or otherwise] they might be.

Inateck Dual Two Bays USB 3.0 Hard Drives External Docking Station Support Online and Offline Clone Function for 2.5 Inch & 3.5 Inch HDD SSD SATA (SATA I/ II/ III) Support 2 x 4TB, Including USB 3.0 Cable and External Power Supply 12V 4A, Comaptible with Windows XP / Vista / 7/8 / Mac OS 10.8.4 [ Tool-free, Black ]

1.0 out of 5 stars Great until it stopped working completely, 21 May 2015
I bought this so I could back up to HDDs and then keep them off site.
It was great - convenient and easy to use.
While it worked!!
Because then I came to use it a few months later [just outside the warranty period, which I presume is 12 months] and it didn't. Just stopped recognising drives. The drives concerned work fine in one of my PCs.
Best to treat this as a disposable, limited solution. Especially as the company has not responded to emails asking if there is a simple solution.

True Detective - Season 1 [DVD] [2014]
True Detective - Season 1 [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Woody Harrelson

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorge yourself on multi-episode box-set extravaganzas, 29 Jan. 2015
This is one of the most compelling pieces of TV I have ever seen.
At first you might think it's stereotypical brung-up-tough-cop fare, but it is far, far from that.
Watching the characters develop as the story unfolds is like peeling the the layers of an onion, and indeed there is some eye-watering stuff in there. But it's generally in context, not gratuitous - apart from the leavening with silicone-implanted mammalia that seem to be de-rigeur in HBO productions.
Woody Harrelson is great, but the real star for me is Matthew McConaughey. He is absolutely riveting, and his transformations and intensity of emotion [or lack of it] are stunning. I won't say any more as that would get into the whys and whats.
Buy it now!
Sit down and gorge yourself on multi-episode extravaganzas!
Enjoy