Profile for richard11473 > Reviews

Halo 2
Halo 2
Offered by marxwax

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the original, 15 Nov. 2004
This review is from: Halo 2 (Video Game)
I was really looking forward to Halo 2 coming out. It arrived on November 11th, and I'd completed it within hours (spread over a couple of days). The game just isn't long enough. It's far too easy to fly through areas without having to fight anyone - simply run. I've heard that the online play is outstanding, but as I don't have access to XBOX live, I don't know. All in all, it's not as good as the original - yes you can drive more vehicles, play half of the game as one of the aliens, but it's just far too short. And as for the ending...there's never been such an anti climax in the history of gaming. Oh, and by the looks of it, there'll be a Halo 3 coming soon.

Fable (Xbox)
Fable (Xbox)
Offered by scaddingk

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best games on the XBOX, 11 Oct. 2004
This review is from: Fable (Xbox) (Video Game)
Fable is quite simply superb.
It reminds me a lot of Zelda (N64 version) - even the 'lock-on' combat mode is similar. The scenery is stunning throughout the game, and the interaction with the other characters is fantastic. There is a lot of humour in the game and unlike other RPG games where it takes you a while to get into the swing of things, for example Morrowmind, you can pretty much get into Fable as soon as the game starts.
The controls are simple, as is the menu system. The fights (and there are plenty) are great too.
All in all, this is a superb game that will really keep you occupied. 5 Stars.

Ninja Gaiden (Xbox)
Ninja Gaiden (Xbox)
Offered by multimedia-online

5.0 out of 5 stars Hardest game I've played on the XBOX, 19 May 2004
This review is from: Ninja Gaiden (Xbox) (Video Game)
This is a cracking game, and if you love nothing more than a chellenge, buy it today.
I'm not very far into it, but so far it's the only game I've ever played where I can't storm through the levels - it is that difficult. What makes it worse is that I'm actually playing the game on the 'normal' level! Note: There is no 'easy' option on Ninja Gaiden.
The graphics are first class, and although they've cut back on the blood for the UK version, there's still enough of the red stuff to keep beat 'em up fanatics happy.
The only real critisism I'd have of the game is that the save options are pretty limited - there's no restarting from the point where you die...and believe me, you will die - a lot!
To sum it up: Great game, great graphics, great gameplay - I'm just rubbish at it! Go and buy it today, trust me, you won't regret it.