Profile for Tim Broadbent > Reviews

Content by Tim Broadbent

Tim Broadbent (LDN)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars If used correctly does the trick, 8 May 2013
this stuff is awful to use (use disposable gloves) but is the ONLY thing that worked for me. I live in london and find london mice to be so light, quick and clever (?) no other traps worked. and I tried them all. The pre-prepared glue traps didn't work, I often found mice wriggled out leaving only a lot of hair. but not this stuff. I use old cardboard, cereal packs work, the largest side flattened out and covered in the stuff. I add a bit of cereal right in the middle for incentive and after a while I have always got results. Yes the end of the tube opened up as you have to squeeze hard, but I just covered it in cling film everytime I used it. I feel the hassle is worth it as I got results. It's grim disposing of the blighters. I would cut out around the mouse with an old pair of scissors so the whole set up could be left for more mices. Then I'd put the writhing mouse in a plastic shopping bag and stamp on it outside. quick and easy. I'm a vegetarian btw. This is my third tube.

Breville Antony Worrall Thompson VFP013 Intelligent Food Processor, 800 W
Breville Antony Worrall Thompson VFP013 Intelligent Food Processor, 800 W

1.0 out of 5 stars ok till it breaks, then you are screwed., 10 Mar. 2011
Our machine worked fine for 18 months. did what it said on the tin, then it broke and Breville refuse to do anything about it. we are left with a very expensive piece of plastic in our kitchen. Very poor customer services. From disgruntled owner

The Bicycle Thieves [DVD] [1948]
The Bicycle Thieves [DVD] [1948]
Dvd ~ Lamberto Maggiorani

2.0 out of 5 stars good film ruined by sparse subtitles, 2 Jan. 2011
I'm a huge fan of world cinema and am working my way through the 'classics'. I watched this and was really frustrated by the lack of subtitles at key points. It seems that at times where there are quick dialogue interchanges non-Italian speakers are left to figure out what was said. only spaced out discourse is translated. The result is that it is hard to empathise with key characters as you don't know what is being said. I was left with the impression that it was just laziness that didn't give the full translation. Saying that I was glad I watched it and loved the ending. if the subtitles were re-done I would gladly re-watch. I am curious to find out what was actually said in a few scenes.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 6, 2012 6:44 PM GMT

Soul Survivor: Searching for Meaningful Faith
Soul Survivor: Searching for Meaningful Faith
by Philip Yancey

4.0 out of 5 stars If one synchronised swimmer drowns do the rest follow?, 14 Dec. 2001
I didn't get into WSAAG because I felt it too lightweight and had read into the subject quite a bit. But I enjoy this a lot. Don't be mislead by the title it's not about the damage done by the church but much more on how the damage was undone by various writers and figures. I found it very inspiring mainly because I hadn't heard of many of the characters yet they turned out to be some of the best. It is a very broad book in terms of the subjects covered. Good insight into a writers life and the wonderful living out of christianity in terms of personal evangelism. just beware-quite a few long words!!

All of Grace: An earnest word with those seeking salvation: An Earnest Word for Those Seeking Salvation (Christian Heritage)
by C. H. Spurgeon

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading!!, 3 Jun. 2001
Small yet packed with great wisdom. This book seeks to not to set the reader straight but enable them to fully understand issues concerning faith with biblical, and non-biblical illustrations. However the script could confuse solely due to the older language and NKJV passages used, but this book is truly worth pesevering to the end. The last chapter and conclusion give a unique personal touch that is encouraging.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2008 11:24 PM BST

Till We Have Faces
Till We Have Faces
by C. S. Lewis

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!, 21 Feb. 2001
This review is from: Till We Have Faces (Paperback)
Lewis said that this was one of his favourite works, and I must agree that it is very good. Take it for what it is, a brilliantly written piece that involves the reader. There is plenty of imagery, irony and strong allegorical meaning that needs to be understood to be full appreciated.