Profile for purpletrolley > Reviews

purpletrolley

TFA Window Thermometer
TFA Window Thermometer

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate outside temp, 8 Aug. 2015
Cheaper and easier to fit than some fancy wireless carry on. Tells me what I need to know. The outside temperature.
Only been up for about six weeks so can't comment on durability but the mounting bracket looks as if it might rust one day. Time will tell

TFA Indoor Digital Thermo Hygrometer
TFA Indoor Digital Thermo Hygrometer

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read, 8 Aug. 2015
Tidy good looking little machine gives all the info I need in large easy read format

Milenco Steady View Flat & Convex Towing Mirrors
Milenco Steady View Flat & Convex Towing Mirrors

5.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend, 15 Mar. 2015
Seem to work very well. The convex isn't as convex as I'd hoped maybe. Fitting instructions are scant but it isn't ricket science to fit them. Delivery was as expected.

Bosch MSM6700GB Hand Blender and Accessories, 400 W - White/Grey
Bosch MSM6700GB Hand Blender and Accessories, 400 W - White/Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Does my job, 18 Jan. 2015
It's doing the job I bought it for. Fits together well and easy to clean. I'm using it mostly in soups and chopping breadcrumbs, cheese and nuts. Made banana ice cream with it just to try it, easy and delicious.
For the money I don't feel disappointed at all and don't understand why some people have gripes about it.

TP24 tp5005 IP44 Kansas LED 5 Lamp Flush Fitting, Satin Silver Finish
TP24 tp5005 IP44 Kansas LED 5 Lamp Flush Fitting, Satin Silver Finish

5.0 out of 5 stars Spaceship in the bathroom, 9 Nov. 2014
Looks like a spaceship in the bathroom. Light is excellent, so much so I've done away with the light over the mirror as you can see your spots well enough without it.
I've bought two of these now I found the 2nd £20 cheaper than the first one so make sure you've searched.

Forest Master FM10 5t Electric Duocut Log Splitter Complete Set
Forest Master FM10 5t Electric Duocut Log Splitter Complete Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Got wood to split? But one, 2 Sept. 2014
Well it's one of those things I should have had years ago.
Ordered it Monday morning,arrived Tuesday afternoon you can't fault that.
The double splitting end was already fitted so no problems there. Didn't take long to fit the frame so within an hour of delivery it was plugged in and ready to go. The lead is short enough but reached my outside socket
where I work at. I imagine most people will be using an extension lead anyway.
The first few logs I split were child's play so then I tried a couple I've had laid around which I keep having a hack at with the axe when I'm feeling strong. Very knotty but the machine made easy work of them excellent! I should add that majority of wood I burn is softwood, spruce an larch and some willow and ash.
Within a couple of hours my shed was finally filled for the winter. Now in my sixties I'd been splitting a barrow load with an axe then in need of a rest :) watching the videos I had feared the whole process might be slow but I reckon it was quicker than me swinging an axe. Even when I have three or four in an old tyre and swinging well. Certainly easier on the back and sustainable.
I've been cutting, splitting, and burning wood for forty years I wish I'd had one of these from the start. The machine appears well made and is heavy and robust. Doesn't look as if it's going to bend with proper use.

Anker® 2nd Gen Astro 6000mAh (2A Output) Portable Power Bank Pack External Battery USB Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air, mini, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3, Galaxy Tab 4 3 2, Pro, Nexus, HTC One, MOTO X G, LG Optimus, PS Vita, Gopro, most other Phones and Tablets

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential bit of kit, 29 April 2014
This has quickly become one of those things I don't know how I lived without. When I head of cycle touring for a few days I no longer worry about conserving phone battery life. When the battery gets low I just plug into this wherever whenever.
Delivered super quickly it's well made and it's little bag helps keep it safe.

Brushed Aluminium 2-piece Machined Metal Hard Case for Apple iPhone 4 & 4S - with free screen protector & cleaning cloth (Purple)
Offered by Phone Dome

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've ever had!, 1 Feb. 2014
Delivered faster than the speed of light. Excellent fit and looks really good.
Don't think about buying, just buy it. It really is good.

Just had to replace the old one. In 3 yrs the phone had been dropped fairly regularly onto a porcelain floor. Phone always survives However he lady drop and the case chipped off at the corner. Brilliant far cheaper than a new phone!

Pedals, Panniers and Punctures
Pedals, Panniers and Punctures

4.0 out of 5 stars another JOGLE, 7 Oct. 2013
I think I am addicted to reading about people's experiences on a JOGLE or LEJOG. This is an account of yet another way to do it and yet more inspiration for me. I meet a number of cyclists , doing the ride, every year on my cycle commute.
The book started well and held my interest. There were a few chapters in the middle where it felt as if it had been a chore to write and was very much a 'went there, did this' account. There is also confusion over places and their sequences in areas I am familiar with (S W Scotland). Can't comment on other areas but I hope Julia was more factually correct there.
The book redeems itself at the end though and returns to the enthusiasm which shone at the beginning and is a rewarding read.