Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "juicydee" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Poo Pourri Original Toilet Spray 118 ml
Poo Pourri Original Toilet Spray 118 ml
Offered by Findmeagift

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 24 Jan. 2015
This is a real godsend! Since being diagnosed with diverticulitis a year ago, I've found it really embarrassing to use a loo that others then have to use. As others have said, you only need 2-3 sprays rather than the 4-6 recommended, and the lemony scent is sweet rather than harsh. Absolutely no nasty odours remain after using this - I'm getting another one for our downstairs toilet and a small one for my handbag!

Beco Sports Disposable Shower Caps (25 Pack)
Beco Sports Disposable Shower Caps (25 Pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and just the job!, 1 Sept. 2013
I had been buying 3-packs of disposbale shower caps from Boots, but found (a) the elastic went very quickly and (b) they were quite pricey. These are really good - last several weeks and at a reasonable price. I always keep one in my overnight toiletries bag and a few in the bathroom cabinet. My only observation is that they aren't quite as voluminous as the Boots ones - this doesn't cause me a problem even though I have shoulder-length thick hair - but may be for others with a more bouffant style who need a bit more space inside their shower cap.

This Odd and Wondrous Calling: The Public and Private Lives of Two Ministers
This Odd and Wondrous Calling: The Public and Private Lives of Two Ministers

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for would-be ordinands, 1 Sept. 2013
Having read this book, I now recommend it to anyone considering a call to ordained ministry, and believe it would be very encouraging for anyone already in ministry who needs to pause and reflect on what it is they're called to. For me it evokes so much of the essence of ordained ministry, rooted in some very real-life experiences. I especially enjoyed Lillian's parallel between being a bass player in a rock band and a church leader - in both, you lay down the groove and keep everyone steady, but neither works too well as a solo instrument. And especially encouraging to know that she WAS a bass player... the church is gaining some awesome ministers!

And it's funny! The description of the church council's 'chilli mac' discussions had me in fits. The alternating between a chapter from Lillian and a chapter from Martin (different generations, opposite genders) gives it an extra edge too. Don't let the US authorship/churchmanship put you off if you're in the UK either - I found their words resonated very clearly with me and the church situations I've found myself in (in the mainstream of the Church of England).

Do give it a go - it's a lot more accessible than some of the tomes they recommend for would-be ordinands!

Hemline H814 | Anti-Static Spray 50ml Prevents Static Cling
Hemline H814 | Anti-Static Spray 50ml Prevents Static Cling
Offered by Sew and So

3.0 out of 5 stars Just the job - depending on which version you receive, 1 Sept. 2013
This product has solved the problems I was having with trousers sticking to tights/popsocks and has also been excellent in the tumble dryer with those items prone to heavy static. I just wish it came in a bigger bottle as this one has gone down pretty quickly! A great invention.

UPDATE (Nov 2013): I re-ordered and as another reviewer on here found, received a different product: different packaging, different contents (perfumed, opaque liquid whereas the original was unscented and colourless). It is definitely nowhere near as effective and adds an unnecessary perfume to my clothes. Unfortunately I ordered 3 bottles!

Nike Nike+ Sportband 2 -
Nike Nike+ Sportband 2 -

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what I need - for now!, 4 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Nike Nike+ Sportband 2 -
As a newbie runner I've found this a really helpful, simple device for a 'no-brainer' price. It's basically a sophisticated pedometer but the ability to upload your runs to the Nike+ website is a nice motivational tool (though the website is very slow and can be unpredictable at times).

I don't have Nike+ enabled trainers, but purchased a special pouch to fix the footpod to my laces, and this works fine.

As it wasn't 100% accurate for me out of the box, I needed to recalibrate it - however I had some difficulty initially as the software kept telling me there were 'no valid runs' to calibrate from (even though they were uploading to the website fine). Then one day it started offering me valid runs, I measured one on mapmyrun.com and entered the true distance, and all has been fine since. I can only assume that previously I was going so slowly that it had trouble recognising it as running!

I love that I can go out and just run without pre-measuring a route, and it tells me how far I've gone and how fast (so I don't set off too quickly and burn out too soon). This hot weather has however shown up an issue: in bright sunlight the watch display burns out and clouds over so you can't see it. It goes back to normal once out of sunlight, but I've discovered that the solution is to wear it with the display on the inside of my wrist, which is actually a better viewing position - but it strikes me that this shouldn't really happen in a product that's designed to be used outdoors! This and the difficulty recalibrating have caused me to give it less than 5 stars, but otherwise if you don't need anything too fancy and are not bothered about GPS, intervals/laps or heart rate monitoring, then this will keep you motivated certainly for your first few months of running and won't break the bank.

GTA: Chinatown Wars (Nintendo DS)
GTA: Chinatown Wars (Nintendo DS)
Offered by CD Dixie

5.0 out of 5 stars GTA just got Nintendo, and it's one of the systeems best games ever!, 11 April 2009
I'll make this short and sweet, this is one of the ds's best games PERIOD.

Seriously, anyone doubting that the technical limitations of the DS would make for a bad GTA game can eat their words from a silver platter; everything remains intact, the driving, the side missions, the 18 certificate, the secrets in the large map, and the humour.

Chinatown wars uses the DS's features in the best ways possible (it's up there with Phantom Hourglass, if you've played it), building a sniper rifle, breaking into a car's dashboard to hotwire it, attatching bombs to car batteries, I can't explain it well enough, it is more innovative than sliced bread.

This game is excellent, I urge anyone who hasn't got it yet, or even played a GTA game before to pick this up.
Rockstar have done the most fantastic job they, or anyone else could, hats off to them, the bloody geniuses. 97% in my opinion!

Extreme G
Extreme G

5.0 out of 5 stars F-Zero on bikes :D, 17 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Extreme G (Video Game)
This is an excellent game, for its time the graphics are excellent, and it's still fun today.

I reccommend the sequel, Extreme G 2, as it is slightly better, but this is still an awesome game, definatly worth getting

(If you liked F-Zero you will love this)

Race Driver: GRID (PS3)
Race Driver: GRID (PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars THE best racer on PS3, 25 Jan. 2009
I'll make it short and to the point.

Best racing game on the PS3.
The cars are detailed excellently, the tracks are near perfectly designed, even the weedy little dodge neons, it feels like you're going 170mph...

There's not much I can say to explain how truly awesome it is, you'll have to find out yourself when you're jumping over kerbs, shooting inches past walls at 200mph and having the time of your life.

This is THE best racing game on the PS3.

Nintendo Wii Console (Includes Wii Sports)
Nintendo Wii Console (Includes Wii Sports)

1.0 out of 5 stars A forgotten memory, 7 Dec. 2008
I bought a wii on launch, me being a gamer in their late teens who has enjoyed past console like the snes, n64 and gamecube

so when i heard of the new ninty console, jump for joy

im going to leave this short and simple

it is the worst console i have ever bought
sure, on christmas morning wii sports is great and all, but once that wears off what are you left with?
we have been tossed some rather excellent first party games, mario galaxy, twilight princess, metroid, batallion wars...but now nintendo have seen that their console is bought more by grannies and toddlers, they are making hardly any new games for us, the fans, the ones who stuck through their bottom of the sales chart days of the gamecube...how do they repay us? with a cheap nasty console with rubbish online, hardly any entries in the bottomless bit of awesome franchises they have, and almost complete rejection

i sold my wii two months ago
my father was conveniently looking into hd movies at the time, so he looked towards blu-ray
first thing into my mind: ps3
now we're playing call of duty, motostorm, little big planet, mgs4, singstar, gran turismo, wipeout and having the time of our lives (and the blu-ray dvd are absolutely mind-blowingly stunning.)
even my girlfriend, who thought wii boxing and bowling was good, for about a month, is loving singstar and gran turismo, a bonus for me when she asks if she can come over for some gaming with me ^_^

we've forgotten the wii...sure i'll miss brawl and metroid...but hey...i still have my bomb-proof gamecube with older versions of those games, which are nearly identical, bar the online and pointer controls

long story short-gamers steer clear of the wii, itll just lead you into a bottomless pit of "when are more games coming out? this was so good is there another one?"
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2011 4:08 PM GMT

Freedom Wings (Nintendo DS)
Freedom Wings (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Tracymuk

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic little game, 17 Nov. 2008
i Bought this game as there arent many flight sims on the humble ds, bar a few which arent very good, and that was the same i thought when i bought this.

But BOY did it prove me wrong.

for a start, the graphics are EXCELLENT. the planes are incredibly well detailed, and theres a wide variety of them too, which you can modify with different wings, better weapons faster engines etc etc.
you even get to unlock a jet at the end!

the basic gameplay is amazing, you control the plane either with the d-pad, or much easier, using the stylus as a sortof joystick on the touch screen, those of you that have played starfox command, it is alot like that, but much easier.
what you do is you set off from your home island with a rusty old plane that is barely flying, and go around shotting enemies, which will increase your money, to upgrade the plane.
you go to enemy airfields, and there will be a boss there (an enemy plane, a group of planes, a group of tanks, or a combination, AND SOMETIMES A ZEPPLIN!) and once youve destroyed it the airfeild will become "liberated" and you can land there, and buy better parts, get info from the locals and go off to other airfields

i wont spoil the plot, but it is a brilliant mix of mystery, plot twists and action.

If you are considering buying this, i advise you do seeing as it is brilliant fun, an awesome game and will last you ages

10/10!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2010 10:04 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3