Profile for K. Mackay > Reviews

By Dr Neil MacGregor Germany: Memories of a Nation [Hardcover]
By Dr Neil MacGregor Germany: Memories of a Nation [Hardcover]
by Dr Neil MacGregor

5.0 out of 5 stars A great, thought provoking read, 17 Jun. 2017
I have read some 100 pages to date, and find the book most interesting, easy to read and thought provoking. I purchased it because I am inspired by the author, so I hope Dr MacGregor will kindly offer us readers some more of his wisdom!

ARS ARS-KR-1000 Ultra Light Professional Multi-Purpose Shears
ARS ARS-KR-1000 Ultra Light Professional Multi-Purpose Shears

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good garden shears., 17 Jun. 2017
Very sharp and effective shears. I have knocked off one star as the protective cover for the blades seems cheap and I do not know know long it will last. These are the only good shears I have had in a long time (since the UK had a steel industry??). I am pleased with the purchase, despite the expensive price.

JURA Auto Cappuccino Fluid 1 litre
JURA Auto Cappuccino Fluid 1 litre

2.0 out of 5 stars Wholly ineffective?, 17 Jun. 2017
I use this since the Jura coffee machine is expensive, looks good and should be looked after well. However the fluid does not clean the milk system effectively, and I am not certain it does any good at all. After every day's use of the coffee machine when making cafe latte, I clean out the machine with the fluid, but almost every time the milk system remains blocked. It has to be unblocked with a paper clip (as advised by Jura customer services). I give the fluid as high a rating as 2 stars since I trust the fluid does no harm to the coffee machine.

Descaling Tablets (36 tablets)
Descaling Tablets (36 tablets)

3.0 out of 5 stars Coffee macine works just as well after descaling as before, 17 May 2017
The coffee machine has worked well after descaling, but then it did before - I have no limescale in my water. so I am not quite certain that the descaling was required, except that the machine said so.

Humans - Season 2
Humans - Season 2
Dvd ~ Gemma Chan
Offered by DH BluMoon

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent series, 17 May 2017
This review is from: Humans - Season 2 (Blu-ray)
Great, thought-provoking series that took too long to come out in Bu-ray

56 Evergreens and Rarities (4CD)
56 Evergreens and Rarities (4CD)
Offered by Music-Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 27 April 2017
A good sound in the later discs, but the earlier ones are too scratchy to enjoy.

The Hunger Games - Complete Collection [Blu-ray] [2015]
The Hunger Games - Complete Collection [Blu-ray] [2015]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Lawrence

4.0 out of 5 stars Good graphics; late in delivery, 23 Jan. 2017
Item arrived in good condition, but was a few days later in arriving than the last due date. I have watched the last of the four films and the graphics are very good.

TENDERLY (140gr - 5 oz) Leather softener and conditioner (By URAD)
TENDERLY (140gr - 5 oz) Leather softener and conditioner (By URAD)
Offered by Urad UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Softens leather of some shoes but not all, 5 Jan. 2017
I purchased the softener to make my shoes comfortable/wearable. It has helped to make one pair more comfortable; the other pair is 'well made' with thick but firm leather, giving me blisters almost every time I wear them. I have applied about 5 coatings of the softener to this pair of shoes, but it has failed to make them wearable.

Jura 63801 Cappuccino Cleaning Liquid, 250ml
Jura 63801 Cappuccino Cleaning Liquid, 250ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Cleans well but expensive., 5 Jan. 2017
Cleans the milk tubes well, but being Jura it is a bit expensive. The one litre bottles may be a better buy.

JURA 15074 Z6 Fully Automatic Bean-to-Cup Coffee Machine, 2.4 Litre, 1450 W - Satin Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Great coffee machine, but some tweeks would be helpful., 5 Jan. 2017
Makes a good latte, although at times the strength of the coffee seems to vary. For an expensive automatic machine it would help me (being now somewhat forgetful) if some parts were more automated; so, if the automatic milk cooler is not properly connected, the machine does not know and makes a 'latte' with no milk. The machine seems well made, strong and attractive in appearance.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2017 3:30 AM BST