Profile for J. Davison > Reviews

Content by J. Davison

J. Davison "chewie71" (Suffolk UK)

Gardman 1.2 x 0.49 x 1.6m 4-Tier Extra Wide Growhouse Replacement Cover
Gardman 1.2 x 0.49 x 1.6m 4-Tier Extra Wide Growhouse Replacement Cover

5.0 out of 5 stars replacement cover, 15 July 2013
we've had our green house a few years now and the old cover had perished during the winter. I really had to do some searching for the right size to fit our frame, so make sure you do your research! This cover is excellent though, and it fitted over our old one, and now our tomatoes are lovin it!

Wanted Presentime Mousepad Keyboard Delete Neoprene
Wanted Presentime Mousepad Keyboard Delete Neoprene
Offered by Classy Brands Inc.

3.0 out of 5 stars mousemat, 15 July 2013
I needed a new mousemat for an optical mouse, this appealed to me, but when I got it I was a little disappointed the 3D effect of the print is not that good.
At the end of the day though it's a mousemat and it does the job.

Brother L14 Sewing Machine
Brother L14 Sewing Machine
Offered by M&S SEWING MACHINES

5.0 out of 5 stars Anniversary winner!, 15 July 2013
My wife has wanted a sewing machine for ages, even more so after watching the great sewing bee on the telebox!
I got this after doing some research on various review site including "Which" and it always had excellent reviews, even over the Singer machines.

As I type she is making curtains, and smiling. She says it does everything she wants without being over complicated or having extras that she would use.

A great buy.

The War of the Worlds (the Original 1938 Broadcast - Remastered)
The War of the Worlds (the Original 1938 Broadcast - Remastered)

4.0 out of 5 stars Genius, 6 May 2013
First you have to remember that this is from 1938, radio was king. The way Orson Welles directs this production is very clever, he lulls the audience into a false sense of security, convinced you are listening to a concert orchestra, being interruptered by news updates, and then building to full on invasion, certainly scared the crap out of the Americans at the time.
I would have given this 5 stars, but I don't think this recording has been remastered at all really, I used to have this on a cassette many years ago I got free with Empire Mag, and that recording was far better!
Still for 90p whose complaining.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the plastic bottle, 6 May 2013
I use this for my work coat, and both our Craghopper coats for walking in the Lake District.
Good product.

[500] Days of Summer
[500] Days of Summer

4.0 out of 5 stars Quirky movie, Quirky soundtrack, 6 May 2013
This review is from: [500] Days of Summer (Audio CD)
After watching the movie, we ordered the soundtrack. I already had some of the Smiths songs which are on it, but what I really wanted was the excellent track by The Temper Trap.
Over all the CD is a short one, but it does have some really enjoyable songs on it, I had never heard any Regina Spektor but had heard of her, and who new that Carla Bruni, ex-model and ex Mrs French President, had recorded any stuff?
If you like the movie you'll enjoy the cool soundtrack, and if gets you into the Smiths then that's even better!

Brook Taverner Croydon Overcoat
Brook Taverner Croydon Overcoat
Price: £165.00 - £239.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Style Never Beaten, 5 Dec. 2011
For a few winters now I have searched for an overcoat that is designed to last not just quality wise but style wise too. I purchased this coat in Charcoal and it's perfect! It goes with all my suits and looks professional, without making me look like a bouncer or undertaker!
The cashmere wool blend makes for a very warm and comfortable coat without being to heavy. It was delivered very promtly ordered it on saturday and had it by wednesday that week.
I will certainly use this retailer again!

The Resistance
The Resistance

4.0 out of 5 stars growing up, 30 Oct. 2009
This review is from: The Resistance (Audio CD)
It seems a bit hasty to say this album is a mix of Queen and Pink Floyd but it does feel like the Muse boys have been digging through some british music greats, I really enjoy this album the 1st track has been likened to the Dr Who theme (a Chris Moyles thing I think). If you are a Muse fan you will love the way that their music is growing up, and if you havent tryed them out before I recommend this album, you can select tracks to rock out to or enjoy the whole album as an experience. a great album no disappointments!