Profile for S. Makani > Reviews

Content by S. Makani

S. Makani "Sonal Makani" (London, UK)

Marie Antoinette and the Last Garden of Versailles
Marie Antoinette and the Last Garden of Versailles
by Christian Duvernois

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing... but a nice addition to a collection of books, 28 May 2010
This book is full of black and white pictures which just doesn't make sense as this doesn't make the pictures look any better, just makes this book a waste of time. I bought it because I am very very interested in this period of French history so I would have bought it regardless of any reviews... but if you're buying it for any other reason, you are going to be very disappointing. The pictures that are in colour are nice enough, but not as sharp as you would expect and the colour isn't as strong, but almost dull like it was printed in the 1970s/80s......
For the price of this book it just isn't as rich and as fabulous as it should be..... though this book was disappointing I don't regret buying it as it will look lovely on my bookshelf and will be a nice addition to my already large collection of books.

Versailles: A Biography of a Palace
Versailles: A Biography of a Palace
by Tony Spawforth

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Versailles, 2 Jun. 2009
BUY THIS BOOK!!!!!! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED. This book was the most amazing book I've come across in reference to Versailles. I'm just beginning to read about the palace and its history and this book made it so interesting. With all the funny anecdotes and stories, plus packed full of historical references this truly is a must read. I am an avid reader and I found this book more that useful. It's a shame that Tony's not written anything else about France as I would buy everything he published. This book really is fabulous.