Profile for Steve J. > Reviews

ProCook Pizza Stone 38cm / 15in
ProCook Pizza Stone 38cm / 15in
Offered by ProCook

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of money. However, ProCook are superb., 24 Jun. 2017
Cracked into three pieces on very first cook. The instructions were followed to the letter- the oven was warmed up slowly with the stone inside. I allowed it to sit for 15-20 minutes at the highest temperature. As soon as I put the pizza on the stone it shattered into two pieces with a third piece breaking off a couple of minutes later.
The material is too thin, in my opinion

<EDIT>
Whilst the stone itself did not work for me, I was amazed by the superb way that ProCook has handled this. I sent an email via Amazon's system on Saturday evening, explaining what has happened. I received a response on Sunday morning and was offered a replacement or full refund. I accepted the refund and it was processed within minutes.
ProCook are clearly serious about keeping their customers happy. Although this particular product wasn't for me, I am seriously impressed with the professionalism of Jo at ProCook. I have no hesitation in using this company again for other products.
Comment Comment | Permalink

6 XL Cedar Grilling Planks - 6 pack
6 XL Cedar Grilling Planks - 6 pack
Offered by HGID-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Terrific with fish, 17 Jun. 2017
Great product. I used these on a kamado grill and they impart a lovely cedar flavour to fish. Definitely something different for lovers of smoked food.
Comment Comment | Permalink

BBQ Smoking Cherry Wood Chunks
BBQ Smoking Cherry Wood Chunks
Offered by Grilling Wood

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product with quick delivery., 4 Aug. 2016
This review is from: BBQ Smoking Cherry Wood Chunks
I received a large box filled with good sized chunks. There's a bit of variation in the sizes, as you would expect. All of which were much larger than the expensive chunks that you get from Weber or from a high street shop.
I've used these a couple of times to smoke some pork and they turned out really nicely.
Great value and i am very pleased.

ELEPHAS Qi Wireless Charging Stand for Samsung Galaxy S7/ S6/ S6 Edge/ S7 Edge/ Note 5, Nexus 4/5/6/7, Lumia 950xl/950/920/928, HTC, LG, Blackberry and Other Qi-Enabled Device (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little unit with overly bright LEDs., 4 Aug. 2016
Great little device that works very well with my S7 Edge. Pop the phone onto the stand and within a second it starts to charge. Charging is slower than a cabled Fast Charge, but as i use it for overnight charging I am not too concerned.

The only drawback is that the stand carries the curse of modern electronics in that it has very bright multi-coloured LEDs that will light up a bedroom. You can either "paint" over the light with a permanent black marker, or (voiding the warranty) open the unit and stick a bit of black insulating tape over the LEDs. I wish that manufacturers would refrain from using such bright LEDs.

27kg Lumpwood Charcoal Beech Charcoal BBQ Barbecues
27kg Lumpwood Charcoal Beech Charcoal BBQ Barbecues
Offered by Eurohandel GmbH

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good charcoal, 2 Aug. 2016
Very good value for money, but beware the delivery is HEAVY!
The sacks contain lots of large chunks. The charcoal itself is very good quality, very hard and light. I used it for a low and slow 7 hour cook and there was loads of heat left for some baked spuds. The heat is controllable too, much easier than with charcoal briquettes. The lump wood burned right down to ash, denoting good quality.
I'd recommend this charcoal. And it's great value especially compared to the rubbish lumpwoo sold in most high street sheds or garden centres.

SEDNA - Desk Top 16 Ports 10/100 Ethernet Switch (SE-NS-1016) with UK AC/DC adapter
Offered by Aticas HK

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't seem up to a moderate network., 18 Mar. 2016
I bought this to replace an 8-port Netgear switch as I was running out of ports (yes, I have WiFi, but I prefer a wired connection wherever possible). It was to be used in a home environment, switching a number of devices behind my TV. A wired CAT5 runs from my BT DSL router (which is upstairs in my office) to the switch and then everything else downstairs runs from this.
After plugging everything in I could see that devices wouldn't connect, or would randomly lose the Internet connection. The Xbox couldn't connect to XBox Live, my Blu-Ray player couldn't get an IP address. My SONOS network wouldn't connect at all, despite resetting the controller. It'd connect and then immediately drop out.
I changed various cables to no avail. i then swapped my old Netgear back in and BOOM- everything connected immediately, the SONOS network worked again, I could see all devices from my router config page.

I may have a dud switch, but I think that it's just a poor quality design. I'm returning it for a refund.

WINGONEER® Mini 0806 A7 1296P GPS G-Sensor Ambarella Car Security Cam Dash Camera

1.0 out of 5 stars I cannot recommend these cameras due to this problem, 25 Feb. 2016
This is my second one of these- the first was replaced as it started to randomly shut down. At first it was shutting down after about an hour of driving, but this gradually shortened until it was shutting down after 1 couple of minutes. I have an external power supply, so it's not a power issue.
The replacement has now started doing the same (3 months after purchase).

I cannot recommend these cameras due to this problem. Avoid them at all cost.

2M 1080P MHL Micro USB to HDMI Cable Adapter For Samsung Galaxy S4 S3 I9500 I9300

4.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says on the tin. Make ..., 11 Jan. 2016
It does what it says on the tin. Make sure to plug the main USB connector into a power source (the USB sockets on the TVs that I tried worked OK).

I didn't receive the USB card reader, but for £5 Im not too pushed

Pandora 591701-15 Sterling Silver 925 Bracelet
Pandora 591701-15 Sterling Silver 925 Bracelet

1.0 out of 5 stars I'd like to hear an explanation of how this is designed ..., 26 Dec. 2015
Ridiculously small bracelet. This wouldn't fit on a very young child never-mind an adult. I bought this as a Christmas gift and now have to return it.

I'd like to hear an explanation of how this is designed for...my GF is petite and this doesn't get anywhere near fitting her tiny wrists.

Haunted by Neil Armstrong
Haunted by Neil Armstrong
by Neil Burns

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter, utter drivel, written by a tedious, narcissistic bore., 31 July 2015
Utter, utter drivel, written by a tedious, narcissistic bore. Thankfully I didn't spend any money on this piece of garbage, rather I received a second had copy from an acquaintance.
The premise is ridiculous and the author clearly has little or no knowledge about the mechanics of spaceflight.

Do yourself a favour if you ever find yourself in the position of actually thinking about buying this drek- take the nearest heavy blunt object (a medium-sized hammer will do nicely) and proceed to briskly beat yourself around the head. Hopefully the resulting pain will be a life-long reminder of your silly urges and you will never consider buying anything by Neil Burns again. Your life will be vastly improved from then on.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3