Profile for P. Nelson > Reviews

Content by P. Nelson

P. Nelson (Bangkok, Thailand)

Denon RCDM40DAB Micro Component CD Receiver - Black
Denon RCDM40DAB Micro Component CD Receiver - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Happy, 13 Dec. 2015
Have been disappointed with the sound, despite good reviews in the Press. The sound is not as rich as I expected, and the bass/treble controls are rather limited and not particularly user-friendly. Also, the cd player may have a problem in that it has occasionally hung up in the 2 weeks I have had the receiver. Cleaning the cds concerned until they are spotless has apparently solved this, though this was not necessary with my old cd player. I suspect the laser may not be powerful enough. All in all I am not very happy with my purchase.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2015 3:17 PM GMT

The Secret Life of France
The Secret Life of France
by Lucy Wadham

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed it!, 19 Nov. 2013
Although I have lived on and off for nearly 40 years in France, I learnt much about the French people and enjoyed reading Lucy's experiences with her French family, French friends and the French State. I would recommend the book to my friends, but feel that the publishers could have chosen a better title. "Secret" is not the right adjective to describe what Lucy has written. Also, a problem with a book of this kind is that it soon gets out of date when politics and political personalities are discussed. After finishing the book I thought: (Wow, I'd like to meet this woman!"