Profile for David B. Pearson > Reviews

Content by David B. Pearson

David B. Pearson

Quality Wool Oriental Traditional Flower Design Pink Rug in 60 x 120 cm (2' x 4') Carpet
Offered by Premium Rugs

2.0 out of 5 stars but when you are in a hurry it's very easy to go via the picture and miss that, 2 Jun. 2017
This is not a picture of the rug, this is a picture of the bigger version. The measurements are correct, but when you are in a hurry it's very easy to go via the picture and miss that.

Hewlett Packard HP30b Business Professional Financial Calculator
Hewlett Packard HP30b Business Professional Financial Calculator
Offered by Calcuso

1.0 out of 5 stars Great calculator but misleading sales - this is not a UK version, it comes with French, German and Italian manuals, 8 Mar. 2017
As a calculator this is an exceptional machine. But the version Amazon have supplied is an Italian / German / French one with no UK instructions. That is misleading at best.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2017 7:17 AM BST

World of Warcraft: Traveler
World of Warcraft: Traveler

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Young Adventure set in Azeroth - loved it. More please, 8 Nov. 2016
I had the pleasure of meeting both Greg and Samwise at Blizzcon for a Q&A about the book. They graciously signed copies of the book to both my kids.
Storyline is set in Azeroth and really does capture the feeling of it very well. I liked the characters and development of them, Makasa and Aram make a good pairing. The Hidden really do catch the essence of their side of the world very well. That I received the signed books at the weekend, bought the digital copy and read fairly non stop on my return flight from Blizzcon Shows the readability. I really did feel I was folllowing a story in places I know. It's likely that having played since vanilla days that Greg's narrative was familiar all the way (apart from the crossroads outside Lakeshire, where are they? - minor point I couldn't remember). The narrative is aimed at a youthful reader without any dumbing of the phraseology, so that worked very well. My 10yr old is stoked to start reading. And then the bonus, all through the book, both digital and hard copy, there are illustrations by Samwise as the main character (Aram aged 12) would draw them illustrating his journey and the people he meets, brilliant. Samwise joked at the Q&A that someone at Blizzard had asked him to do the illustrations because he drew like a 12yr old, a very competent 12yr old artist for sure ! But a we all know it's takes an immense amount of skill to be good enough to be able to draw convincingly a younger version of your work. In all I loved the book and am slightly hoping that Greg was being conservative that he was finishing chapter 10 of book 2 that night... I kinda need to read book 2 already :) "Good Magic"
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2017 10:40 AM GMT

The Mummy Whisperer's Six Steps To A Sparkling You And Enjoying Being A Mum
The Mummy Whisperer's Six Steps To A Sparkling You And Enjoying Being A Mum

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome and Edition 2 releases 29th July, 28 July 2013
At last a really practical great read for any parents looking for down to earth advice on how to handle the challenge of being a parent.

Fight for the Future: Book 1 (MetaWars)
Fight for the Future: Book 1 (MetaWars)
by Jeff Norton

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Thought provoking Series, 17 July 2013
We went to Luton Hoo Book festival earlier this year and Jeff was there so unusually we (7yr old son and I) got to meet the author and hear about the series. To say Jeff lit a spark in little one was an understatement. He loved it.
The books are a take on where todays society could lead, online life at the expense of off-line life. The characters continue in book three to develop and the journey to balance the worlds continues.

Have to say can't wait for book 4 which Jeff tweets is nearing final edits (July 2013) c'mon already stop editing... ;P

It's a great series. Tough read for our 7yr old (probably a couple of years too young) but he loves the hero and the online world. I also enjoy reading it, and some of the directional themes are starting to form in society today so I found it topical. The Meta Themes and the background to the series make for some great dinner debates.

I recommend on two levels. Great adventure story for little folk and fiction thought provoker for older folk, where are we heading...

Elf or Robin Hood (Reversible) - Toddler Costume 2 - 3 years
Elf or Robin Hood (Reversible) - Toddler Costume 2 - 3 years

4.0 out of 5 stars VERY CUTE!, 5 Jan. 2012
Ordered this for our daughter who was attending her bigger brothers outlaw birthday party, but the elf side of the outfit was a complete surprise and simply brilliant! It is properly made and looks like it will last. She has worn it three times already and still looks good, great product. It also arrived promptly and well packaged so thank you.

Mummy Whisperer
Mummy Whisperer

5.0 out of 5 stars An Insight into a Mum's view, 12 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Mummy Whisperer (Kindle Edition)
As a Dad who is not with his children as much as he would like to be I really do look forward to the 3 updates each week. Being able to read and start to understand challenges that Mum's face helps me empathise and support at home. Sure we dad's may not get it right all the time but i feel that reading this blog has helped me bridge some of the gap and getting closer to at least getting it right some of the time.

And just in case, yes i am the hairy northern type often referred to in the blog. Sure at one level my review is biased but subscribing to Lisa's blog gives me invaluable insight and talking through with other Dad's those insights are universal...

Happy reading!

veho VMS-004D - VMS-004 20-400x Magnification USB Digital Microscope Camera
veho VMS-004D - VMS-004 20-400x Magnification USB Digital Microscope Camera
Offered by total digital stores

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy with it!, 12 Mar. 2010
Length:: 3:04 Mins

This isn't a how to use video but just a collection of shots that were made using the VMS-004D Microscope and a MacBook Air.

Our 4 year old was helping and massively impressed, when we discovered the second higher resolution by continuing to focus in he was simply blown away!

It is very good! why not 5 stars, the stand is a little flimsy and the focus has already shifted so the numbers do not line up but as the little guy cant count to 400 it doesn't matter here!

As for install, remove from box, plug in turn on photo booth, and done! Sadly isn't picked up by either image capture or more fun would be ichat! I may investigate USB camera drivers to try and get that working though..