Profile for Neil Gibson > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Jagwire Road Pro Break/Gear Kit
Jagwire Road Pro Break/Gear Kit
Price: £20.04 - £58.09

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking cables in the titanium but if you have ..., 19 July 2014
Nice looking cables in the titanium but if you have a road bike or CX bike with discs that require outer all the way to the caliper don't bother ordering this set. Rear cable used most of the outer and the front barely has enough inner to get to the calipee so I ended up having to buy an extra 2m of outer and new inner. Work very well though, just a shame there's not more in the pack!

Sunco® DREAM 2 Action Video Full HD 1080p 12MP Waterproof Sports Camera With 1.5 -inch High Definition Screen

5.0 out of 5 stars Reccomended, 16 April 2014
I am going on holiday soon and wanted a camera which was waterproof for snorkelling but I also wanted something that has plenty of functions so I could also use it for BMX and mountainbike videos as well. I did lots of research and stumbled upon his little beauty and all the figures seemed to stack up in it's favour, the picture quality, the looks, battery etc. but one of the biggest selling points to me was the inclusion of a proper viewfinder that you can view in the waterproof case. Okay, it's small but I bought this camera for underwater stills as much as anything else so pointing at stuff and hoping for the best just wouldn't do! I have tested it out for action videos on the bike and it works well, quality at 720 is adequate (saving space) and contrast is good too. Viewing videos and photos on the camera and getting them onto your PC couldn't be easier as it comes up as a mass storage device when plugged in and you can just copy/cut videos and jpegs from it and play them instantly in media player or save to hard drive...no mucking about installing software etc. required. Overall for the money it's a cracking little camera and great value for money when you consider how much you would pay for mounts etc. with a Go Pro! The only negative really is the lack of a remote or wi fi for file transfer but it's not a deal breaker by any means as the rest of the package makes up for it.

Sony Xperia SP Cool Genuine PU Leather Case Cover Pocket Pouch Wallet Protector Keep Talking Shop® (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 16 April 2014
Simple and keeps your phone from getting scratched and dented. Did get a little tatty over time and obviously isn't real leather but to be honest fort the price that's no issue.

Senna [DVD] [2010]
Senna [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Ayrton Senna

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have!, 16 April 2014
This review is from: Senna [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
The definitive film about the legend that is Ayrton Senna. I'm a massive Senna fan so bought this as soon as it came out after I had seen it in the cinema. Seen it a few times now but the footage is still as powerful as ever. One of my top 10 films.

The Flying Book: Everything You've Ever Wondered About Flying on Airlines
The Flying Book: Everything You've Ever Wondered About Flying on Airlines
by David Blatner

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 16 April 2014
I'm not a great flyer so decided I'd do some background reading in order to understand a little more about what makes aviation and planes work in order to hopefully feel more at ease with it. This book is a really good read covering all the ins and outs of Aviation in a easy to digest manner....not too vague and at the same time not to technical. Goes through the whole flight from 'push back' at the airport at the beginning, takeoff, cruising and then landing explaining all the sounds, sensations and technicalities of it all. I have now become a little obsessed with flying and instead of being anxious am now excited about boarding Boeings finest. This book definitely helped and if you have any interest in aviation is worth reading.

Martial Arts - Push Up Bars
Martial Arts - Push Up Bars

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, 16 April 2014
Simple push up bars which do the job, been using them for a few months now with no issues. Reccomended

Das Boot - The Mini Series (2 Disc Uncut Version) [DVD] [2004]
Das Boot - The Mini Series (2 Disc Uncut Version) [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Jürgen Prochnow
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 16 April 2014
I saw this series on TV many, many years ago so was very pleased to find this fully uncut version available which is identical to the series in format and length. I do have the directors cut of this film as well but in my opinion this longer version is the one to go for as it portrays the boredom and suspense of being in a U boat so well. I'd say this was up there in the top 10 war films of all time, a must have.

Ask the Pilot
Ask the Pilot
by Patrick Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting and entertaining read, 16 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Ask the Pilot (Paperback)
I'm not a confident flier so thought I would research a little into the principles of flying etc. to find out more and to put my mind at ease. I haven't found out whether it has worked or not yet but I found this book to be an interesting, reassuring read and it's definitely helped in my understanding of air travel. The author's style is good, not too serious and with some comical takes on the quirks of flying alongside good explanations/summing up of complex subjects. I'll definitely be taking this on the plane with me the next time I fly!

Oceania
Oceania

4.0 out of 5 stars A return to form, 30 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Oceania (Audio CD)
As a big Pumpkins fan I was sceptical about this new album but I have to say after a few listens I'm really, really liking it.

I missed out all the Pumpkins post Mellon Collie so I don't know what Corgan has put out but he seems to have recaptured what we all know and love about the Pumpkins even without the original line up which I didn't think would be possible due to Jimmy Chamberlin's amazing drum parts.

For me the standout track has to be Panopticon which has that lovely Cherub Rock like drive to it, the rest of the album also stands up well.

Definately reccomended

Sony NWZA845B A series Walkman 16GB MP3 Player with 2.8 inch OLED Screen
Sony NWZA845B A series Walkman 16GB MP3 Player with 2.8 inch OLED Screen
Offered by The Outlet Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 27 Oct. 2010
Just recieved my Sony Walkman and an very impressed with it all round. Very small/sleek, easy to use now Sony have ditched the Sonicstage software and I didn't notice any issues with the sound quality, it's more than loud enough!

Page: 1 | 2