Profile for Neil Gibson > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Black Clouds & Silver Linings
Black Clouds & Silver Linings

5.0 out of 5 stars Progressive metal perfection, 21 July 2010
This was the first DT album I brought and was pretty damn impressed by it, can't believe they slipped under the radar for so long! I'd rate this DT offering up there with Train of thought...it's hard, diverse and technically brilliant, there's not a single duff/weak track in there.

Siamese Dream
Siamese Dream
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 19 Jan. 2009
This review is from: Siamese Dream (Audio CD)
I brought this album on cassette back around 1994...always remember being blown away by it back then as it just sounded so different from anything else I'd heard at the time.

Few years on and I brought it on CD as the tape was well worn out! Sounds just as good now and lives in my CD player pretty much all the time. Being a drummer I'd say that Chamberlin's sound/drum work really stands out for me on the album, shame it's quite complicated to play!

An essential album if your into 90s rock....definately up there with Nevermind

Riding Giants [DVD] [2005]
Riding Giants [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Laird John Hamilton

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring stuff, 20 Sept. 2007
This review is from: Riding Giants [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
I only watched this recenty and I really loved this film.....just captures the progression and danger of surfing at the highest level. I am not a surfer and I don't think you really have to be into it to appreciate this film at all...it's shot nicely and the documentary style with interviews makes it flow nicely.

Page: 1 | 2