Profile for cass > Reviews

Unseen Messages: a survival romance novel
Unseen Messages: a survival romance novel
by Pepper Winters

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolutely fantastic book!! Loved it!, 5 April 2016
Wow! That pretty much sums up how I feel after reading this book! I can honestly say that I was pleasantly surprised with this story.
After reading most of Pepper's other dark romance books, I was dying to read another genre written by her. I am so glad that I did that's all I can say!

The book starts off with the heroin Estelle Evermore getting ready to board a flight back home to Australia from the USA. The entire time she is in the airport, lots of different things,that honestly make you wonder some times keep happening to Estelle. Things that just give you a bad feeling that something is going to happen, all the 'Unseen Messages' that keep popping up that she just should have taken notice of.
While in the airport she briefly meets Galloway Oak, who is the hero of the book.
Even after all the signs and 'Unseen Messages' given to Estelle in the beginning, all the warnings, the inevitable still happens, in a bad storm flying and bad decision making if I'm honest,they end up stranded on a deserted Fijian Island.
This is where everything starts, all the trials and struggles that they are all put through. This book is about danger, strength, survival, heartache and most of all the bond between all the survivors and how they went from being complete strangers to loving each other so immensely!
This book had me on tender hooks the entire time hoping so badly that they all survived! I have been on one hell of an emotional ride with these characters that I completely fell in love with!
5 Beautiful fantastic stars from me!!

Hawke: A Cold Fury Hockey Novel (Carolina Cold Fury Hockey)
Hawke: A Cold Fury Hockey Novel (Carolina Cold Fury Hockey)

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great read from Sawyer!, 31 Mar. 2016
4 Stars

Hawke is the 5th book in the Cold Fury Series, it can be read as a standalone but I would recommended reading all the previous books in the series as most of the characters all appear in each book.

Hawke is a little different from the other books in the series given that this is a second chance romance. I have to say that I'm a sucker for second chance romances so this book was perfect for me! Not that I haven't loved all the other books in this series, because I do, I just loved this one a little bit more.

Hawke and Vale dated in high school and college, for things to then take a turn for the worst and Vale breaks things off with Hawke, and he has no idea what went wrong that caused her to break things off.

7 years later and Hawke is now joining The Cold Fury team,which he is excited about, only to come face to face with Vale once again, who has just joined the Cold Fury's coaching staff.

Vale is working with the Cold Fury's coaching staff as its the best place for her to be because her father is sick, and he can get the best treatment possible where they are. She had no idea when taking the job that she would come face to face with the one man who would always have a piece of her heart.

Now that they have seen each other, all those buried feelings that they've both bottled up come rushing back, and there is no denying that they both still have feelings for each other. But with all second chance romances there is always the complication of working through why it is they broke up in the first place and hoping things work out in the end.

If you love a good sports romance, and second chance romance at that, then this is the book for you! Another great book to go with a really enjoyable series by Sawyer Bennett.

All That Jazz (The Butler Cove Series Book 4)
All That Jazz (The Butler Cove Series Book 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great story from Natasha!, 25 Mar. 2016
4 stars

After reading and loving Jack Eversea and Keri Ann's books Eversea and Forever Jack, I couldn't wait to read Jazz and Joey's book! I absolutely loved Jazz in Eversea and Forever Jack with her total bluntness and honesty, speaking her mind and not caring what people think of her. You get all this and more in All That Jazz! You could always tell there was something between Joey and Jazz in the first 2 books, and you get to find out how it all happens.
All That Jazz is told from Jazz's point of view and is based around the same time that Keri Ann met Jack Eversea, so you get to see parts of that story again which I loved. You also get to go back a few years to find out how Jazz and Joey came to get extremely close to one another only for certain things to happen that causes the pair to avoid each other for so long.
I loved getting to go back and see this happen, going through the journey with Jazz through some pretty heartbreaking events that no 18 year old should ever have to go through. Then seeing how strong of a person she really is.
I couldn't help but love Joey, even though certain things he did I should have really disliked him, I couldn't help it! He is just such a loveable character being a great protective older brother to Keri Ann, and even in his own way so protective of Jazz. Even though he himself ends up hurting her in the worst way.
I won't say anymore about the story line, I will just say if you have read Eversea and Forever Jack and loved it as much as I did, then you must read All That Jazz! If you haven't read any of these books then I highly recommend all of them! A great series of books and I'm looking forward to seeing if Natasha brings out more books in the Butler Cover series for other interconnecting characters!

A Thousand Boy Kisses
A Thousand Boy Kisses

5.0 out of 5 stars Tillie's best work by far!!!, 15 Mar. 2016
This is one of the most beautiful, emotional, heartwarming and heartbreaking books I have ever read! A story about the greatest love you will ever have at such a young age and one you will never forget! I won't say anything else about the story, it's best to go in blind and read what I have to say is by far the best story of Tillie's that I've ever read!! I love all of Tillie's books but this will forever be my favourite!
5 truly captivating and heart wrenching stars!!!

This is War, Baby (War & Peace Book 1)
This is War, Baby (War & Peace Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Mind Blowing Stars!!, 9 Mar. 2016
5 Brilliant Mind Blowing Stars!!!

This is the first book in the War & Peace series by K. Webster and what a start to this series it is!

Baylee Winston's life is forever changed the moment she is stolen from her home. Taken by someone who she has known and trusted most of her life, she is forced to do unspeakable things that will prepare her for what is to come next. What comes next is what anybody's worst nightmare would be, which is to be sold to the highest person bidding for her.

This is where we meet Warren "War" McPhearson. A handsome billionaire who had no idea what he was getting himself into when he purchases Baylee. War has his own inner demons that he faces every day and with the companionship of Baylee, he hopes to rid himself of these demons.

Lines are definitely blurred in this completely twisted story but I loved every freaking second of it! K. Webster is an evil genius that's all I can say! My mind has been officially blown with this book! I had a few choice words that I won't repeat when I finished this book! I will say that this book ends on a major cliffhanger, and if you are impatient like me and hate to wait for the next part of the book, then I recommend waiting for the next part to come out at the end of March. But if you can handle the wait then grab this book now because it is bloody fantastic!!!
If you love dark romances then you will love this truly and utterly messed up, mind blowing book!

Twisted Mind (Chequered Flag Book 2)
Twisted Mind (Chequered Flag Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 heartwarming stars, 8 Mar. 2016
3.5 Stars

This is the second book in the Chequered Flag Series, while it can be read as a standalone, I would recommend reading the first book in the series Chameleon Soul, so you know what's happening with other characters in the book.

After getting a glimpse of what was going to happen in Dustin's book at the end of Chameleon Soul I couldn't wait to finally be able to read Dustin's story!

Dustin Coates has been in an extremely toxic relationship with his ex Elora for so long that he finds it hard to open up to anyone and be able to trust them.

Tazia Nixon has just moved in next door to Dustin when his life is turned on its axis. With Dustin shutting everyone out,even his own family, the one person her seems to be able to talk to is the beauty next door.

Tazia has got her own heartache that she is dealing with and feels that if she opens up to what it is, Dustin will never speak to her again.

This book is full of heartache for both Dustin and Tazia, my heart felt like it was being ripped open for both of them! This book has something different about it given that it's Dustin who has been in an abusive relationship. You don't see that in many books and this made it for a great read. With some plot twist along the way that I wasn't expecting I truly enjoyed reading Dustin's story. I have loved reading this series so far and getting to see each of the groups characters starting to get there happily ever after! I especially enjoyed seeing Raine and Teo in parts of this book as well. Another great read from Mia and I look forward to the next book in the chequered flag series to come!

The Lie
The Lie

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Truly Captivating Stars!!, 17 Feb. 2016
This review is from: The Lie (Kindle Edition)
5 Truly Captivating Stars!

This is a second chance romance but with one big difference from most that I've read before. I usually try to steer clear of books like this one, but I just had to read it knowing that Karina had written it! Karina has a way of capturing your heart and getting you so incredibly invested in her stories that you just have to read them, and this one was no different!

Brigs McGregor loses everything he holds dear to him in one fateful night that will change the course of his life forever.
Natasha Trudeau finds the love of her life during her summer holidays working, only to have that love ripped away within the blink of an eye, just as quick as she had fallen.
Two people who have lost everything that matters to them the most can't possibly go on after everything they have been through, and yet they do somehow, with an enormous amount of struggle and strength from both of them, they find themselves slowly coming out on the other side after all the grief they have been through.
Which is where we meet Brigs and Natasha again, four years later slowly working through their grief.
I honestly can't and won't say anything else about the story or it will ruin it.
I will say that this story goes back in the past explaining everything and forward to the present seeing how Brigs and Natasha are now. That's one thing that I really enjoyed about this book, that and the dual POV.I loved getting into both characters minds and how deep and incredibly raw their feelings were.
Which is why this is a 5 Star read for me! Karina Halle had me hooked from the prologue and I was captivated through the entire thing. With my heart constantly in my throat through the majority of the book, trying to anticipate what could possibly happen next! I highly recommend this book to everyone, even if you feel a bit dubious about it from reading the blurb like I was, I assure you it is most definitely worth the risk!

The Death of Lila Jane
The Death of Lila Jane

4.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 Tear Inducing Stars!!, 16 Feb. 2016
3.5 Tear Inducing Stars!

Lila Jane is a 15 yr old girl who has never got to experience life very much. She does everything her parents ask of her and never goes out of her way to put herself out there and meet new friends due to being socially awkward and suffering from high anxiety. That all changes when the neighbours nephew moves in across the street.
Kayden Harken comes to live with his Uncle Daven after he suffers a great loss in his life. Trying to get by one day at a time seems to be a struggle for Kayden until he meets the sweet and innocent Lila Jane from across the street, then everything changes for both of them.
This is a story of two young people finding their own way in life, in Lila Jane's case it's all about trying to come out of her shell and fit in with other people her own age. For Kayden it's all about moving on from such a heartbreaking loss at a young age and some things that happen in his early childhood.
Teresa had my emotions all over the place with this book. I had so many feels I just didn't know what to do with myself! I both loved and hated Kayden at times with how he treated Lila Jane, and was rooting for Lila Jane to give him a good slap like he deserved sometimes! Lila Jane even with her high anxiety was a force to be reckoned with if she got mad once she finally started to learn to speak up for herself, I loved watching her come out of herself and be the brave young woman you could see that she was and that made me love her character more and more.
If you enjoy reading YA books like I do from time to time then I highly recommend this one! Another great read from Teresa Mummert and I look forward to what else she has coming out this year.

Ink and Lies: A Funny, Sexy Love Story
Ink and Lies: A Funny, Sexy Love Story

4.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars!, 12 Feb. 2016
3.5 Stars

This is a standalone book and is a friends to lovers romance, but not your typical friends to lovers book.
The book is told from August the hero's P.O.V which I loved!
August is a Romance writer who goes by the pen name of Hope Hughes and is very successful at what he does, although for his latest book he is having trouble writing it, for a romance novelist he is a bit of a cynic really as he doesn't believe in love. He gets most of his inspiration for all the lovey dovey stuff from his best friend Fiona.
Fiona is nothing like August and is a hopeless romantic at heart and I really loved her character with her warm heart but spunky ways she is easy to fall in love with.
This book is full of hilarious moments and some sad moments as well, it certainly gets your emotions going that's for sure!
This is the first book of S.L. Jennings that I've read before and it won't be the last as I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I look forward to seeing what she comes up with next!

Feel (Sovereign Book 3)
Feel (Sovereign Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 Fast Paced Stars, 11 Feb. 2016
3.5 Fast Paced Stars

This is the final instalment in the Sovereign Series and you need to have read the first to books in the series Touch & Taste to fully understand what is happening in the book.

In this conclusion to Alyssa's story we get to find out who it is she will choose out of the two men she loves, will it be Aiden Lawrence the guy she's known for years and has had an off again on again relationship, or will it be Barrett Matthews the guy she's just met but has an insanely instant attraction to? I personally feel that she choose the right man and as for the one she didn't, I think with how he acts when she didn't choose him, her choice is definitely justified after his actions.
Everything comes to a head with her step father as well with trying to get her company back after the ending of Taste. I feel that even though the books in this series were short stories, it didn't feel as though it was too rushed. Which I loved, I dislike nothing more than a short story that is far too rushed with the story line. Another great read from B.J. Harvey and I look forward to whatever she has to come next!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5