Profile for J. Pappenheim > Reviews

Content by J. Pappenheim

J. Pappenheim "Papsby" (London)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Max Factor Masterpiece Glide & Define Eyeliner - 1 Black
Max Factor Masterpiece Glide & Define Eyeliner - 1 Black
Offered by BrandedBeauty

3.0 out of 5 stars Thin on top, 28 Sept. 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I found the eye-liner a little too thin for my make up needs, however it did possess a range of variation in terms of application and outcome. I would not recommend it for anyone looking for a bold and brave look, however for the more waifish fashion desires, it works perfectly!

Basquiat Strings with Seb Rochford
Basquiat Strings with Seb Rochford

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fantastic, 23 Sept. 2007
This album is, as stated above, absolutely fantastic. The band step outside the form of modern pop jazz, such as katie melua, and other such bland acts, to become something far more interesting. An highly listenable album, every song is a new discovery, with each playthrough highlighting a different crescendo or moment where emotion swells to take hold. Strongly reccommended to the younger, into bands such as sufjan stevens and sigur ros, and the older, confirmed jazz/classical fans. In short, a must.

The Wisdom Of Crowds: Why the Many are Smarter than the Few and How Collective Wisdom Shapes Business, Economics, Society and Nations
by James Surowiecki

5.0 out of 5 stars This wisdom would not go amiss, 16 Aug. 2006
Very similar to the fein of Freakonomics, the Wisdom of Crowds explores the way we percieve the world through a number of pop culture references, Who wants to be a millionaire included. Am currently reading this book as a PPE prep, just to expand my knowledge, and has been a page a minute read. Would strongly reccommend.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Xbox 360)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Xbox 360)
Offered by PARTYGAMES UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Oblivion will take a week from your life..., 15 Aug. 2006
Okay, it was a few weeks into the holidays, and I was getting bored of playing Pro Evolution Soccer 5, over and over again, winning master league after master league, and completing the Star Wars Battlefront II campaign time and time again. That's when I decided to buy Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion, and to my suprise, I wasn't let down, in fact, I was hooked. For those who are RPG gamers, this game is a must have, but for gamers like me, who are not normally into the RPG and haven't touched one since the golden age of Zelda Ocarina of Time, this game can be a little rocky to begin with; the first person view coming as a shock for someone who had only ever experienced RPG's in glorious third person, in the form of Shadow of the Colossus and Fable, but in the end it pays off. With its seemingly endless rolling landscapes and its huge array of NPC's (non player characters), Oblivion is a fully immerseful experience, combining the atmospheric tension of Shadow of the Colossus, with the full blown storyline of Zelda (apologies for these two main comparisons in gaming). I have lost almost an entire day to this game, and I am sure I can stand to lose a week, for less than £40 this is a bargain in gaming. I now watch my race, a Breton, join the Thieves guild, as well as become a Royal Blade and a member of the Dark Brotherhood, and with a variety of 'mini-games' around the game, such as lock picking and rare herb collecting, this game can provide a gamer with a new land to explore, and a new life to forge. The Xbox 360 graphics enhance the experience, the draw rate fantastic, and the loading almost unheard of, this game is a crowning achievement on Microsoft's head. Definately one for the textbook... Enjoy

The Warriors (Xbox)
The Warriors (Xbox)

5.0 out of 5 stars CAN YOU DIG IT?, 27 Oct. 2005
This review is from: The Warriors (Xbox) (Video Game)
Yes We Can. Rockastar once again explodes onto the gaming scene with an epic masterpiece of violence and wonder. Based on the cult classic of 1979, the Warriors follows the story of the street gang, of the same name, in Coney Island, from their humble beginings (using flashbacks unlocked after some levels) to their fateful night alone in New York with 60,000 men between them and their turf. Many will not trust this game due to the utter dissapointment of Manhunt, another game based around the Rockstar GTA engine (bought by me simply because of the controversy after it's release), but this will not dissapoint. You begin playing as the new player Rembrandt, a self made graffiti artist, and continue through the story mode as many of the different gang members, such as Ajax (a good fighter), or Cleon (leader of the Warriors). Missions range from Graffiti Showdowns, to destroying enemy gang art galleries, from killing an old friend for money, to scrambling across roof tops, this game makes for great playing. With an intense fighting system and the ability to mug, steal and cause general panic this makes for one of the best Rockstar, and Xbox games yet.

Cube Trilogy - Cube / Cube 2 / Cube Zero [DVD]
Cube Trilogy - Cube / Cube 2 / Cube Zero [DVD]
Dvd ~ Zachary Bennett

5.0 out of 5 stars Is He Dead Yet - Not Even Close, 15 May 2005
If you are the type of person who goes round to their friends house, has some Pimms, and watches a bad horror movie, or the Star Wars Trilogy, then this is the boxset for you. Cube is the single best bad movie I have ever seen, and for that I praise it. Cube is the story of 6 (what a coincidence) people who wake up in a Cubed prison, with no idea how they got there, or how to get out. Together they must brave the booby traps, and save their hides. Cube 2 : Hypercube is basically the same story but with the cubes having other dimensions, allowing them to see themselves die. Cube Zero is the prequel, telling the story of why people are put into the cube, and who designed it.
As I said before, this is good when accompanied with drink, and is strongly reccommended for gatherings. 5/5 is my score for these truly terrible films. Get em while theyre hot.

Where the Wild Things Are: and other stories
Where the Wild Things Are: and other stories
by Maurice Sendak
Edition: Audio Cassette

5.0 out of 5 stars Sendak writes like the god of children himself!, 25 Mar. 2004
This book has been the most worthwhile thing that I have bought over the last two or three months. It kept me laughing when I was sad, it brought me joy when I was in despair, I remember listenng to this as a child. I had to look it up when I remembered it, and I bought it, and I still listen too it now. This is the greatest piece of childrens literature available on audio cassette out at the moment, so please, indulge your children and buy this

Pooh and the Psychologists (Wisdom of Pooh)
Pooh and the Psychologists (Wisdom of Pooh)
by Ernest H. Shepard

5.0 out of 5 stars Pooh (Super-Psychologist), 27 Mar. 2003
Wow! I only started reading this book yesterday and already it's opened my eyes to the true genius of A.A.Milnes writing, though made for children, but with subtle undertones that the brilliant author John Tyerman Williams has pointed out to the world. Chapter two "Pooh assists Piglet to mature" is very good. It shows how Piglet starts out as a timid "Very small animal" to standing up for his own beliefs and facing his inner fear.
This book is great, anyone who loved Pooh as a child will love to read this, it will open your eyes. so in short
"Pooh is a super-psychologist who works cures for his friends' problems", READ IT.

Mary Star of the Sea [CD + Bonus DVD]
Mary Star of the Sea [CD + Bonus DVD]
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars Billy Corgan Rocks, 24 Mar. 2003
As soon as I heard that Billy Corgan of the smashing pumpkins was in a new band I instantly pre-ordered this album. And when i got it I wasnt disappointed, there are many good songs on this album including "of a broken heart" and "Lyric" of course they released "Honestly".
If you get this album you will listen to it for hours on end, if you like S.P. you will LOVE this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3