Profile for Kaylie > Reviews

Content by Kaylie

Kaylie (Shropshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Treacherous Women: Sex, temptation and betrayal (True Crime)
Treacherous Women: Sex, temptation and betrayal (True Crime)

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and with new information I hadn't heard of before., 13 July 2014
I enjoyed this book and found some new killers that I had not heard of before, which is a rarity. I recommend this book if it is a topic that interests you and if you want to find new information.

14 (A Taylor Jackson Novel, Book 2)
14 (A Taylor Jackson Novel, Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 12 Jun. 2014
Once again I couldn't put this book down, J.T.Ellison knows how to write a gripping book. I hope that the next one is just as exciting and enjoyable to read.

All the Pretty Girls (A Taylor Jackson novel, Book 1)
All the Pretty Girls (A Taylor Jackson novel, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Physically couldn't put this book down!, 8 Jun. 2014
I could not put this down, I just needed and wanted to find out who had done the crime and how everything was going to pan out. The characters are believable and I think made the book all that more special. So much so that I have already started reading the second in the series.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower
The Perks of Being a Wallflower

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had of read it sooner!, 6 Jun. 2014
I didn't love this book, but I didn't hate it either. I found it quite difficult to get into but for some reason, unknown to myself, I couldn't put it down. I wanted to know what happened, and whether everything was going to be okay for Charlie. I really wish I had of read this when I was in my teenage years, because I think I would have appreciated it a hell of lot more.

Family Matters
Family Matters

4.0 out of 5 stars Not all that bad!, 5 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Family Matters (Kindle Edition)
Not a bad read. It was intriguing, exciting and completely different to anything I've ever read. However, I thought the end was a bit of a cop out.

A Storm of Swords: Part 1 Steel and Snow (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 3)
A Storm of Swords: Part 1 Steel and Snow (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars The middle of these books are killing me!!!, 4 Jun. 2014
Yet again I really enjoyed the beginning and the end, but found the middle part to be lacking. Don't get me wrong there were some brilliant bits in the middle but I just found some of it a bit tedious. Arya, Sansa and Jon Snow are really starting to stand out for me along with Tyrion, I just hope that there parts carry on to be as exciting in the next book.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully written and interesting., 2 Jun. 2014
My first book by Neil Gaiman by himself. This book was full on amazing. The complexity and way that it was written was beyond anything I thought it would be. The change in Shadow as a character kept me going along with his relationships. There were parts that made me giggle, made me sad and made me angry. What more can you want from a book really! I would highly recommend reading this book.

Uglies (Uglies Series Book 1)
Uglies (Uglies Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and bizarre!!, 2 Jun. 2014
I really enjoyed this book, the idea and how it was executed. Tally is an interesting character who I found was easy to read about after the initial introduction. The last 40% of the book I read in one go as I couldn't put it down! I really cannot wait to read the rest of the trilogy now.

The Bone Collector: The thrilling first novel in the bestselling Lincoln Rhyme mystery series

4.0 out of 5 stars Bone chillingly good!, 20 May 2014
I found the beginning of this book a bit difficult to get into, I think mainly because I really enjoy the movie version (I usually read the books before the movie). Once I gave myself a proper talking to, I came to love this book. Lincoln is a great character and you can understand the pressures he is going through. Every page left me feeling like I had to finish the next urgently, I think mainly because that is how the investigation is. Every chapter kept me going and I can say I will be reading more from this series. If you are looking for a book that's chilling and keeps you on the edge of your seat, I highly recommend this one.

The Shock of the Fall
The Shock of the Fall
by Nathan Filer

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly and respectfully written!!, 20 May 2014
This review is from: The Shock of the Fall (Paperback)
At first I wasn't too sure of the way this book was written. However, after you get past that and get to understand why it's like it is and the characters, you come to love it. I loved the way that Filer managed to respectfully show mental illness, how it affects people who have them and those that love the people with it. The last 150 pages flew by as I wanted to know what happened to the main character and whether everything would turn out okay. I have never been so attached to a character that in reality you don't know all that much about physically, Filer managed to make me like Matthew just by using his words and how he saw the world. All in all I loved this book and was so gutted when I finished it, I wanted to carry on reading about how Matthew did beyond the book and how he got on in later life.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10