Profile for Kaylie > Reviews

Content by Kaylie

Kaylie (Shropshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
The Hospital (Mountain Man)
The Hospital (Mountain Man)

4.0 out of 5 stars Scary, edge of your seat, short story!, 7 April 2015
What a read!! I have to admit from the minute I started reading to the end, I was on the edge of my seat. The main character was edgy enough to make me want to read on and the rest of the characters were freaky enough to keep me interested and terrified at the same time. A great read for a rainy afternoon, especially if you want to be freaked out!!!!

Sweet Tooth TP Vol 01 Out Of The Woods
Sweet Tooth TP Vol 01 Out Of The Woods
by Jeff Lemire

4.0 out of 5 stars Short and sweet!, 7 April 2015
I wasn't sure what to expect when reading this graphic novel but I was thrown quite quickly into Gus' world. Everyone is out to get one another and Gus has that extra something that people want. The relationships and characters are quickly but successfully penned out. The artwork is fantastic and realistic. It is a little short but it means that I can't wait to get my hands on to the next in the series.

The Silver Linings Playbook
The Silver Linings Playbook

5.0 out of 5 stars Intense, heart warming, brilliant!!, 7 April 2015
I could not put this book down, I started reading it not knowing what it was about and I was not ready for the roller coaster that was about to unfold. All the way through I was rooting for Pat because I didn't want to see him get hurt. I felt like I was emotionally invested in his future, I wanted him to have his happy ending. Quick, has managed to portray mental illnesses in a way that is not insulting, it shows the isolation from all that Pat used to know and how he comes to deal with it. It's heart warming, funny, serious at times and such a great read. This has fast become one of my favorite books.

If you are after a read that is pretty intense I would recommend this book.

The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1 (Don Tillman Series)
The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1 (Don Tillman Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars All I can say is WOW!!!!!, 12 Jan. 2015
I honestly cannot explain how much I loved this book. It's a romantic book, but in a totally not gushy way, which suited me just fine! Simsion manages to get across how differently people with aspergers syndrome live, without being insulting. Don is a brilliant character and I warmed to him instantly, which is unusual for me. The story is long enough to make you think and enjoy the characters, but not so long that you bore of it. Each chapter was an adventure and an advancement in the story line. I think my only downside of this book is that I honestly do not know what can follow it. I loved it that much! Thank you Mr Simsion! *tips hat*

The Light Fantastic: (Discworld Novel 2) (Discworld series)
The Light Fantastic: (Discworld Novel 2) (Discworld series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Witty, intelligent and a great adventure!, 4 Jan. 2015
I absolutely loved the second book in Pratchett's series. It had me creasing with laughter at his special kind of intelligent wit, so much so that I actually used the highlight function on my kindle. Books like this are hard to come by and I am so glad that I started to read this magnificent series. Rincewind is a brilliant character to follow, especially with his companions that he picks up along the way.

I would recommend this book to anyone that wants a good chuckle to themselves.

Chasing the Ripper (Kindle Single)
Chasing the Ripper (Kindle Single)

2.0 out of 5 stars What have I read!, 11 Dec. 2014
I haven't read the book that relates to this and I don't think I will be. It feels like she is pushing all of her 'findings' onto people too much. It felt like it was a case of this is my opinion, you all have to agree. It's sad that people have been aggressive towards her for her writings, but I feel that she has alienated herself from a large group of people in writing this set of books.

Ten Days in a Mad-House
Ten Days in a Mad-House

5.0 out of 5 stars What a woman, 27 Nov. 2014
This is a quick read, but powerful nonetheless. I am interested in most history topics, but one I find fascinating is how people were treated in asylums. Nellie Bly gives a great insight into everyday life in a victorian asylum and really hits home with it. What I liked the most is that she does it without being overly graphic. Nellie Bly has become one of my new heroes!!! This book is great for you if you enjoy history and are interested in how and why Nellie did this.

Harley Quinn (2013-2016) Vol. 1: Hot in the City (Harley Quinn (The New 52) Boxset)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great price for a great read!, 26 Nov. 2014
This was an absolute cracker of a graphic novel. It was great to see Harley as the lead and follow her in her adventures of going it alone without Batman or The Joker. The artwork is fantastic and works really well with how they wanted the character to be portrayed. One of my favorite parts was the beginning where Harley is trying to pick an artist's style that she likes. This had me reading until 2AM just to finish it, when I finished I didn't want to put it down. All of this entertainment for 65p, you really cannot say no to that!

Serial Killers: Horrifying True-Life Cases of Pure Evil
Serial Killers: Horrifying True-Life Cases of Pure Evil

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good content,, 26 Nov. 2014
Some new content of killers I hadn't heard of, which is always a bonus for me. This would have been a 4 * rating if the grammar had of been better.

Time Gap: Hidden Object Mystery
Time Gap: Hidden Object Mystery

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill game., 18 Nov. 2014
This game has a fab story line and the rooms change each time you go in them so it's not repetitive.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10