Profile for Karen > Reviews

Content by Karen

Karen (North Warwickshire UK)

Sunoptic R11D Purple Patterned Arms Reading Glasses - Strength +2.00 Including Soft Pouch

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Jun. 2013
I now own 3 pairs of these glasses! I purchased one pair to check the quality, then purchased another two pairs, I now have them in grey, purple & blue! As I said in my other review, these were to replace my designer reading specs that had been trodden on...
I can't fault them. They're not normally a style I'd choose but I can live with them for the price, for under £13 I got 3 pairs of reading specs!! You can't beat that for value.

Sunoptic R11 Grey Smoke Patterned Arms Reading Glasses - Strength +2.00 Including Soft Pouch

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Jun. 2013
Having trodden on my £200 reading glasses & needing a replacement quickly, I ordered these Saturday evening & they arrived Tuesday morning, can't fault that!!

My expensive designer reading specs were absolute rubbish, broke & repaired under warranty within 12 months - absolute junk....

Having ordered these reading specs, they appear to be robust & I can live with the design, using them right now to order another 2 pairs!!

Even if they only last a short time, you can't fault the value, £4.08 INCLUDING p&p!! I defy anyone to beat that.......

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault them.., 11 Dec. 2010
These gloves are excellent, I wear them on their own & despite how thin they are, being Merino wool they keep your hands warm. Even when it's raining and they get wet they still keep your hands warm. When the temperatures fell well below freezing recently I wore them under a pair of fleece gloves & they were amazingly snug & warm. I like how small they fold up, easy to tuck into a pocket or the smallest of bags. Even though they are described as base layers I have used them as normal wool gloves.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Service & Product, 26 May 2010
I ordered a black pair @ 6am Tuesday 25th May - They arrived 11.30am Wednesday 26th May - that is unbelievably good service - Thank you Schuh!!
The sizing is accurate (I'm a uk size 5). I've purchased this walking shoe for a forthcoming trip to the Lake District. If it's hot, walking boots will be too warm to wear.
I like the adjustable straps, the bit that goes around your big toe is quite snug but, I don't think it will rub because the material is very soft - time will tell.
The foot bed feels extremely comfortable, flat but providing support, like my walking boots. I've only just put these shoes on & I have a very good feeling that walking for hours in them wont be a problem. All the materials on this shoe feel very soft & foot friendly. I particularly like the surface material for walking on, very, very soft suede.. My feet feel like they have gone to heaven. I will post another review when I've worn these shoes for a while.
UPDATE TO REVIEW (29th May): I wore these shoes for 2 days, immediately after purchase, both days 12 hours straight. I can honestly say they were as comfortable after 12 hours on my feet as the first time I put them on. No rubbing or chafing. I did worry about the part that holds your big toe, although when I took off the shoe, my toe was a little red on top it did not hurt at all. It felt like I was walking 'straight', so, the foot support within the shoe does work.
UPDATE TO REVIEW (31st August): I have worn these sandals almost daily, I have lived in them all summer! Today I've ordered a raspberry colour pair for next year (I found them on sale elsewhere for £27! result!). By far the best sandals I've ever bought, I did think expensive when I bought them but they've turned into good value because I'll wear them next year again.