Profile for Sammij > Reviews

Content by Sammij

Sammij "bookmadgirl" (Essex, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Sidney Sheldon's Chasing Tomorrow
Sidney Sheldon's Chasing Tomorrow
by Sidney Sheldon

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love it!, 30 Jan. 2015
Took me right back to when I first read 'If Tomorrow Comes'' tbh - probably pone of the first fiction novels I read!

TB sure can pick up where another author has left off - & dare I say - even better?

Easily stepped back into the world of international thieves & glamourous lifestyles and then the heartbreaking times after.

A great read - a must if you loved the prequel.

The Year I Met You
The Year I Met You
by Cecelia Ahern

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not finish..., 30 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Year I Met You (Hardcover)
Halfway through & I gave up!

This has never happened to me with a CA novel - I usually finish them with a big smile & a warm feeling that I have just read something so uniquely different - but this was awful,

No plot - just the main character Jasmine moaning about her life (which frankly up to halfway wished I had!) and then being a weird type stalker to the guy over the road !

Maybe I should have finished to see if it improved, but I just couldn't. Had Marian Keyes in the pile and have to say, cannot put it down!

Olive Tree (Olea Europaea) 1/2 Standard
Olive Tree (Olea Europaea) 1/2 Standard
Offered by best4garden

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service, 8 Dec. 2014
Well packaged, arrived just as expected - thank you!!

After We Collided: 2 (After 2)
After We Collided: 2 (After 2)
by Anna Todd

4.0 out of 5 stars He loves me / he loves me not / she loves me / she loves me not....., 30 Nov. 2014
Blimey.....a real roller coaster of teenage angsty emotions here....

I did enjoy After, and bought this & thought ' crickey it's a bigger book, what the heck will go on in this one and it didn't disappoint.

Tessa & Haurdin or Hessa as they have become known ( rolls eyes) have spilt up or have they.... And that's pretty much what happens throughout this book, I have whip lash from the amount of times he stormed out, she stormed out, they argued, he punched doors, she cried, he even cried......!!

However, there is something about this story that keeps me reading, I literally did not stop thinking about this book from start to finish and to me that's a good book. It will never be a literacy masterpiece, but who cares??!!

It's easy reading, well written sex scenes and I do desp want to know what happens next........& finally can read the name Hardin, without laughing a little bit.

The Boss
The Boss

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, predictable, FSOG mediocre rip off., 23 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Boss (Kindle Edition)
Utter tosh

After: 1
After: 1
by Anna Todd

4.0 out of 5 stars A surprise read!, 23 Nov. 2014
This review is from: After: 1 (Paperback)
I think I would have loved this more if I hadn't read it was One Direction fan fiction!! Being in my late 30's, clearly not aimed at my age group, but it was quite a good read.

Ok, very teenage angsty , lots of !!!! & rolling of eyes, but I truly loved the Haurdin character (never heard of that name here in England, but hey ho) & was quite shocked at the ending, how can anyone be that cruel.........?

So I shall def order the next one as have to find out what happens..also well written sex scenes, not pages & pages like FSOG etc, just very well written sexy scenes.

Daughter
Daughter
by Jane Shemilt

1.0 out of 5 stars V disappointing!, 11 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Daughter (Paperback)
Don't think I have ever read a book & skipped almost every other page!

I found this book slow, pretentious, with the most shallow characters I have ever come across. Long paragraphs of the most drawn out rubbish, in the end I couldn't care less what had happened to Naomi, her mum, dad, brothers.

Skip to the last page & you will find out exactly what happened to her.

Northanger Abbey
Northanger Abbey
by Val McDermid

3.0 out of 5 stars Ooh not sure!!, 1 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Northanger Abbey (Paperback)
Wasn't a huge fan of Jane Austen growing up, but am a huge fan of Val Mcdermid so thought i would give this a go.

Strange....really strange. nothing of VM style here at all but I guess that's the point?

Great if you are teenager, great if you like romance and if you know the JA book, you may well love this updated version.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2014 5:50 AM GMT

Pop Goes the Weasel: DI Helen Grace 2
Pop Goes the Weasel: DI Helen Grace 2
by M. J. Arlidge

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good sequel, 13 Sept. 2014
Follow up to eeny meany, which I loved

DCI Helen Grace returns after the events of the first book which rocked her world or did they? Was intrigued to find out..

A little more back story and I love the fact that the main character is so flawed, she has some real issues and you do understand why a lot more in this hook

I agree with other reviewers, not as gripping as the first, but this does happen a lot with second books ( Chris Carter being the exception methinks!!)

Just as graphic as the first and descriptions are spot on.

If you like a thriller, slightly graphic & realistic characters, you will love this author.

Ps same title as a James Patterson early book, is that allowed??

Twenties Girl
Twenties Girl
by Sophie Kinsella

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE THIS!!, 10 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Twenties Girl (Paperback)
I have to admit i originally read this book when published years ago - but as an avid 're-reader', I finished this again yesterday and it is truly fabulous!

I LOVED Sadie - real LOL moments with her & her 'stroppiness' and this whole book just read like a dream.

Please buy or re-read - well worth it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13