Profile for Sammij > Reviews

Content by Sammij

Sammij "bookmadgirl" (Essex, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Echoes of Scotland Street (On Dublin Street)
Echoes of Scotland Street (On Dublin Street)
by Samantha Young

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!, 27 Mar. 2015
I think the best so far in the On Dublin Street series.

Samantha Young characters are so real you want them to be your friends and lets face it -who wouldn't wat to be a part of that family!

After We Fell
After We Fell

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, 27 Mar. 2015
This review is from: After We Fell (Paperback)
I truly love HESSA!! this is a pretty hefty book - full of the 'he loves me / she loves / he doesn't love me / she doesn't love me angst - but you know what - its fabulous.

The Jackdaw (DI Sean Corrigan, Book 4)
The Jackdaw (DI Sean Corrigan, Book 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Deja Vu anyone??, 27 Mar. 2015
This is very very similiar to Chris Carter's 'One by One' (personally think Chris is better)

The same with the Toy Taker - this book starts really well & gripping & third / halfway through, it just loses me -almost to the point where i out down & picked up other books to read.

Not a bad read - but not sure Luke Delaney's future books need to be released in hardback first.

After Ever Happy
After Ever Happy

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved Loved Loved This!, 12 Mar. 2015
This review is from: After Ever Happy (Paperback)
I have read all 4 books now and whilst prob not aimed at my age group (am married, late 30's!) i loved loved this book series!

I'm no ID fan - didn't even realise until reading web reviews that this series started as ID fan fiction, did not make on jot of difference as Anna Todds writing style is such easy reading, full of emotion - & yes you do cry with laughter & proper tears - you can feel this early adult angst in every other page - but also a real story with Tessa & Hardins backstories and all the other characters (who didn't love Smith!!)

a little teensy criticism - i did feel the last few pages with the 'updates' were a bit rushed & all too perfect - woudl personally have loved another book, but I guess you have to stop somehere.
I have now started re-reading After - don't think it will be long before I'm reading this one again!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2015 4:06 PM BST

Sidney Sheldon's Chasing Tomorrow
Sidney Sheldon's Chasing Tomorrow
by Sidney Sheldon

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love it!, 30 Jan. 2015
Took me right back to when I first read 'If Tomorrow Comes'' tbh - probably pone of the first fiction novels I read!

TB sure can pick up where another author has left off - & dare I say - even better?

Easily stepped back into the world of international thieves & glamourous lifestyles and then the heartbreaking times after.

A great read - a must if you loved the prequel.

The Year I Met You
The Year I Met You
by Cecelia Ahern

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not finish..., 30 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Year I Met You (Hardcover)
Halfway through & I gave up!

This has never happened to me with a CA novel - I usually finish them with a big smile & a warm feeling that I have just read something so uniquely different - but this was awful,

No plot - just the main character Jasmine moaning about her life (which frankly up to halfway wished I had!) and then being a weird type stalker to the guy over the road !

Maybe I should have finished to see if it improved, but I just couldn't. Had Marian Keyes in the pile and have to say, cannot put it down!

Olive Tree (Olea Europaea) 1/2 Standard
Olive Tree (Olea Europaea) 1/2 Standard
Offered by YouGarden

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service, 8 Dec. 2014
Well packaged, arrived just as expected - thank you!!

After We Collided: 2 (After 2)
After We Collided: 2 (After 2)
by Anna Todd

4.0 out of 5 stars He loves me / he loves me not / she loves me / she loves me not....., 30 Nov. 2014
Blimey.....a real roller coaster of teenage angsty emotions here....

I did enjoy After, and bought this & thought ' crickey it's a bigger book, what the heck will go on in this one and it didn't disappoint.

Tessa & Haurdin or Hessa as they have become known ( rolls eyes) have spilt up or have they.... And that's pretty much what happens throughout this book, I have whip lash from the amount of times he stormed out, she stormed out, they argued, he punched doors, she cried, he even cried......!!

However, there is something about this story that keeps me reading, I literally did not stop thinking about this book from start to finish and to me that's a good book. It will never be a literacy masterpiece, but who cares??!!

It's easy reading, well written sex scenes and I do desp want to know what happens next........& finally can read the name Hardin, without laughing a little bit.

The Boss
The Boss

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, predictable, FSOG mediocre rip off., 23 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Boss (Kindle Edition)
Utter tosh

After: 1
After: 1

4.0 out of 5 stars A surprise read!, 23 Nov. 2014
This review is from: After: 1 (Paperback)
I think I would have loved this more if I hadn't read it was One Direction fan fiction!! Being in my late 30's, clearly not aimed at my age group, but it was quite a good read.

Ok, very teenage angsty , lots of !!!! & rolling of eyes, but I truly loved the Haurdin character (never heard of that name here in England, but hey ho) & was quite shocked at the ending, how can anyone be that cruel.........?

So I shall def order the next one as have to find out what happens..also well written sex scenes, not pages & pages like FSOG etc, just very well written sexy scenes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14