Profile for Azi Seeit > Reviews

Tilley Hat - LTM6 Lighterweight Airflo
Tilley Hat - LTM6 Lighterweight Airflo
Price: £67.00 - £70.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, with reservations., 11 July 2016
I have known about these hats for years but I have resisted buying one because of the cost. However, having booked three holidays in potentially hot and sunny destinations I decided to bite the bullet. Another factor was that my wife could get 15% off the price at Cotswold outdoor stores who stock these hats.

Retention is by gravity, not clamping to your head and therefore correct fitting is important. I tried on a number of styles and decided on this one as I liked the idea of the ventilated crown which, together with the light colour, should protect against overheating.

I have recently retuned from the first holiday where it was indeed hot and sunny. The hat seemed to perform reasonably well although on one day I did seem to have the symptoms of excessive sun - slight dizziness and nausea. It could have been something else, I suppose, as it only occurred after one sunny day out of many.

Comfort is fine and there is no chafing of the skin where the hat touches. My only criticism is of the strap. You really need it any anything other than still air and it has a complex and rather inefficient adjustment system. I would much have preferred a locking toggle system as found on many other hats. I did have to rely on quick reactions to avoid an expensive loss when experiencing a "tail wind" on a couple of occasions. I did see a safety strap being worn in one Caribbean country which attached a hat to one's shirt or jacket. Perhaps it would be worth while investing in one of those as well if you buy this hat.

10 Pack Allcam 7W Ultra Bright GU10 LED Bulbs Daylight White, Replace 50W-60W Halogen, 48mm Height, Perfect as LED Spotlight & Downlights
Offered by eHome

5.0 out of 5 stars Best LEDs yet - if they last., 4 Jun. 2016
I have been a fan of LED lamps since they first came out. As I have 18 GU10s in my kitchen it was imperative that I find an alternative to the 900 watts that conventional lamps would have consumed. About 6 months ago I purchased a number of daylight LED lamps. I was quite happy until recently when one of them failed. Since the claimed 20,000 hours equates to over 2 years of continuous use that was a bit disappointing but I now needed a replacement.

These lamps, actually purchased on eBay, arrived quickly. I fitted the replacement for the failed lamp and, having purchased 10, I also replaced 5 in my conservatory as well. The difference in light output was phenomenal. This isn't just a guess; I measured it with a lux meter and found that these 7 watt lamps gave four times the light of the previous 6 watt ones.

So, so far so good, but I am concerned about the number of reviewers who have had failures. Time will tell if this is the case.

Not Going Out - Series 1-7 [DVD]
Not Going Out - Series 1-7 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lee Mack

2.0 out of 5 stars One major flaw, 4 May 2016
The lack of subtitles on this set has cost it three whole stars. The same show came on TV recently and although I have the whole boxed set I still watched it - with subtitles. The difference in viewing pleasure was immense. The speed of the dialogue is such that if you don't have perfect hearing you miss a lot of the humour.

Now that legislation is becoming more robust so far as catering for handicapped minorities is concerned, I would welcome a law which makes the provision of subtitles on sets such as this compulsory.

Thomson WHP3001BK Wireless Headphones
Thomson WHP3001BK Wireless Headphones
Offered by liGo

4.0 out of 5 stars They're so good I bought three pairs., 2 May 2016
I have been using cordless headphones for years, both the wireless and the infra-red types. In my opinion the wireless type are much better as they not only work in the same room as your sound source but anywhere in the house and garden as well.

My hearing is failing, with the problem that when my wife and I are watching the same TV programme we cannot find a volume level which suits us both. These headphones are the ideal solution, but only if you have the type of TV which has an independent earphone output which does not cut out the TV's speakers. Two of our TVs are like this; the third does lose the TV speaker sound but I have a solution - at a small price. If we both want to hear the third TV (it is situated where we have our meals) I switch on one of the other TVs to the same programme and then take the headphones from it into the dining room. This sometimes results in a slight synch problem but it is not serious.

What about sound quality? I think it's great and the frequency range is greater than I can hear in all events. In fact, I usually use these headphones when I am watching TV anyway even if no one else is in the room. The volume output is more than I need but it is, of course, controllable.

They are very comfortable when sitting, slightly less so when lying in bed as the pillows fight for the same space round your head. You can usually find a compromise position however.

The only downside I have found is that locating the headphones in their cradle is not easy. Rarely do they find their mark first time and I have had to "stab" the headphones home up to nine times before the light changes colour to tell you you have made a good connection. By the way, the headphones will not charge while they are switched on so check that if it seems you cannot get a connection.

As you can see from the title of this review I am really sold on these. They have made life much easier for both my wife and me. One pair I had did break and I replaced it within hours. That's a testimonial to how good they are.

Best LED Headlamp Torch By Lighting Dynasty-Super Bright Head Mounted Led Torch With Adjustable Strap-High Quality, Strong Light-Perfect For Running, Hiking, Cycling, Hunting, Backpacking, Reading
Offered by Enlightening Deals

4.0 out of 5 stars The best headlamp yet, 26 April 2016
I have used many head torches over the years as they are such fantastic tools when it is necessary to work with both hands. Virtually by definition they are always pointing where you are looking.

This is the first LED headlamp I have purchased and the difference between this and the older type of lamp is immense. Using a light meter I found that the light output from this lamp is about 14 times greater than that of an old-fashioned tungsten bulb. The spread is also much better. My only criticism is that the straps are barely long enough. My hat size is seven and a half, about the median for a chart which runs from six and three quarters to eight and one eighth, and I have to let out the straps completely to wear it. I don't think it would be possible to fit it on a helmet without stretching the fabric. However, it is comfortable to wear and totally non-bulky, so you don't look like an American storm trooper about to go into a combat zone when you are wearing it.

Due to Amazon's high postal costs this lamp is cheaper on eBay. The silly thing is it was actually delivered by Amazon. Whether this report actually sees the light of day remains to be seen. Amazon have a very nasty habit of suppressing reports that expose their shortcomings. They will claim that the report contravenes their tips and guidelines. It doesn't; it just reveals an unpalatable truth.

GT-730FL USB GPS Receiver Dongle with Logger Function / up to 256,000 way points record / New SiRF IV chipset and CanWay software/ A-GPS support
Offered by Smart Shop UK

4.0 out of 5 stars A worthwhile buy., 15 April 2016
This is my second purchase of a gadget such as this. The first went under the name of Ventus and originated in the far east (in Taiwan, I believe). I used it for many years although towards the end of this time the on/off switch was becoming increasingly unreliable. This being the case I didn't have too many qualms about attaching it to the harness of a spaniel I was looking after who seemed to run 10 yards for every one I covered. Unfortunately, on this occasion he decided that a swim was in order which put paid to the original logger. (If anyone can tell me how to get inside this device I'd be grateful).

I decided I would purchase a replacement which appeared to be identical in function with the original and with only a few cosmetic differences. I seemed to be extremely fortunate in that it matched immediately with the original software which seemed to be far superior to the stuff supplied by Canmore. Often I have come back from a long holiday with maybe 30 or 40 tracks on the device. My software allows me to have each track in a different colour which is invaluable if you take several trips in the same area. It also acts as an aide memoire if you are writing a report about the trip afterwards. I couldn't get the Canmore software to behave like this.

It isn't that accurate, to be honest. When it arrived there was no data on it. My wife announced that she was going to post a letter so I asked her to wear it while she walked round the block. Analysis of her journey on her return was interesting. I think I can say with certainty that she did not walk through neighbours' gardens or over their rooftops yet that was what the track showed. It could be as much as 30 feet out so don't believe all it says. However, on a long journey it will certainly show you the route you have taken.

You may wonder if there is any need to buy such a gadget when there are a number of free apps you can download to a mobile phone which will do the same thing. I have one or two of these and I prefer the 730FL. Aviva produce such an app which is designed to measure your driving performance. You are supposed to get a premium deduction if you get a good score (I got 9.6 out of 10, well above the 7.5 threshold) but they didn't give me any reduction. If you feel the need for it (I don't personally) it could be secreted on a vehicle to track where that vehicle has been while the logger is switched on. I well remember that when the first one arrived the seller had switched it on before sending it which showed its journey across England from the seller to my home.

The 'photomark' button does work in that it puts a mark on your track every time it is pressed. You have to match up times from your camera and the logger which means synchronising them every time you want to use it in this way but this is not too difficult.

I'm glad I bought it and I recommend it.

Karcher WV2 Premium 2nd Generation Window Vacuum Cleaner
Karcher WV2 Premium 2nd Generation Window Vacuum Cleaner

1.0 out of 5 stars My most unreliable purchase EVER, 29 Mar. 2016
In case you were wondering how significant that title is, I write as a one-time owner of a Lotus Elan. We all know the joke about Lotus being an acronym for "lots of trouble, usually serious". Well, the Kärcher WV2 is worse, much worse.

We had our bathroom refitted and part of the refit was the provision of a shower cubicle 1200mm x 900mm x 1900mm high. That meant there was a lot of tiles and glass to be dried off after use. This item was recommended to me by a friend (more of her later) and so I bought it. Initially it worked well - briefly. Then it died. Its replacement also died after a short time; so did the one after that and the one after that and... I reckon I am now on my eighth. The first seven were replaced from B&Q where I bought it. After that B&Q told me to take it to my local Kärcher centre. I did. They wouldn't swap it. Oh no. It had to go to head office "for investigation". Weeks later I received a letter from head office to say that the unit would be replaced. Two to three weeks after that a battered parcel arrived containing a new WV2. Interestingly the letter told me that the guarantee would be limited to one year from the original date of purchase, despite the statement in the instructions that the guarantee was for two years. I am now using replacement number 8. It is working but I won't hold my breath. I am willing to bet a large sum of money that it won't see the year out.

And what of my friend who recommended this appliance? Well, hers failed too. She took it to the same local Kärcher centre as I went to. EIGHT WEEKS passed before she got a replacement. During this time she went back to the centre to create an almighty fuss. The Manageress initially blamed one of the assistants but investigation of the phone logs proved that the source of the incompetence lay at head office. That doesn't surprise me. An organisation which doesn't even know the length of its own warranty is probably incapable of anything amounting to customer service.

Needless to say my advice is NEVER purchase a WV2. It is not fit for the purpose for which it is sold. And speaking personally, I shall never buy ANY Kärcher product at any time in the future.

2016 July 6th. Just to give you an update, the latest cleaner, which I took back to the Fareham, Hants. depot in February 2016, was replaced towards the end of March. By the end of June this, too, had failed (didn't work, won't charge). I took this back to the same depot after speaking to Natalie, the office manager, on the phone. She couldn't have been more helpful, and replaced it with a new one the same day. She claimed that they got very few back (really!?) and said that the waterproofing had been improved. Time will tell; I'll let you know how number nine gets on.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2016 10:14 AM BST

CrazyFire® 400 Lumens 32 LED Super Bright Wireless Solar Motion Sensor Wall Light IP65 Waterproof Solar Powered PIR Human Body Sensor Wall Lamp Light Outdoor Light for Patio Garden Pathway Porch (White)
Offered by RESON

4.0 out of 5 stars Still excellent, 28 Feb. 2016
This is the second of these units I have bought, the first being so good. The only difference between the two being that this is the white model which looks even better next to my conservatory. It is prone to the occasional false alarm but this had never happened often enough to deplete the battery to the point that it won't work when you want it to. As before I fitted an additional screw above the unit once it was in place to deter accidental or illegal removal.

Samsung EF-BT810PBEGWW Book Cover for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Zoll - Black
Samsung EF-BT810PBEGWW Book Cover for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Zoll - Black
Offered by At-Memory

4.0 out of 5 stars A very useful, sell designed cover., 2 Feb. 2016
If I'd known what this would cost on its own I don't think I would ever have bought it, but I found when I purchased my Galaxy S2 9.7 tablet that they were selling this case, a Samsung Level blue tooth speaker and a 32GB SD card at a very reasonable price so that's why I have it.

Like others, I found fitting it was an absolute pain. In fact, it took me two days and I, too, thought that the screen would crack under the pressure required. In the end I solved it and I think this is the answer. Just swivel the case on the tablet and concentrate on getting one stud home. That is relatively easy, and the second stud then follows just as easily. I haven't tried removing the case and I can't see any reason why I should do so.

In use it seems almost magical the way the screen shuts down just on the final closure of the cover and the tablet will then retain a 90% charge (from 100%) over three days. In its 3 angular modes the tablet is certainly firm enough for typing in the more open two modes. It is a bit springy on the narrowest angle.

I don't think it is very good value at its full retail price (and beware; some firms charge even more than Samsung do) but now that I have it I'm delighted with it.

Caffe Roma Royale Coffee Beans (4kg)
Caffe Roma Royale Coffee Beans (4kg)
Offered by nextdaycoffee

5.0 out of 5 stars Still the best, 29 Dec. 2015
I have already commented on my first single Kg pack of this coffee and, believe it or not, my views on the 4Kg pack are no different. It's great tasting coffee with no nasty aftertaste and the only time I don't use it is when someone demands a caffeinated coffee.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5