Profile for Mr. H > Reviews

Content by Mr. H

Mr. H (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Y-cam HomeMonitor HD, Motion Activated Cloud Security Camera Solution (No Monthly Fees)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product works well and very easy to set up, 19 Jan. 2015
Great product works well and very easy to set up. It takes a while to get the motion detection to work right but otherwise no complaints so far.

Asus PA279Q 27-inch IPS Professional Monitor (2560 x 1440, Pre-Calibrated, Adobe Accurate)
Offered by Office Nerd

2.0 out of 5 stars Lots of great features but poor quality control, 28 Sept. 2014
I really wanted to like this monitor. It has so many great features for a web/digital/print designer. The Adobe RGB spectrum was delightful with a nearly a full spectrum I could work easily and confidently in Photoshop. The sRGB was also handy when I moved into web design work.

This monitor also had a hdmi connection so I also used it to connect my PS3 up to it. Very handy!

Now the bad news. The LED bleeding (IPS glow/uniformity) is terrible. Even during the day you could notice it on dark and medium to dark imagery. It was very distracting. From all corners of the monitor and especially from the bottom right corner. If this is supposed to be calibrated at the factory, someone must of been half asleep when they did my one.

Well anyway, I had to return the monitor, with all the great features I couldn't stand the LED bleeding.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 3, 2015 7:53 PM GMT

The Fountain
The Fountain

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful album, 31 Oct. 2009
This review is from: The Fountain (Audio CD)
Amazing songs, that there to move you. I was listening to some songs again and again and picking up new instruments/parts.

Must buy!!

Resident Evil 5 (PC)
Resident Evil 5 (PC)
Offered by Excess Gaming

3.0 out of 5 stars Good game - slight disappointment in the RE series, 31 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Resident Evil 5 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
I love Resident Evil and everything about it. I've been addicted to it since the early times when it was on the first playstation.

RE4 was amazing and had everything that was lost in RE3. However, the new RE5 seems to lack the horror part and seems to focus more on the shock and running part. I miss going through empty eerie hallways and discovering weird conspiracies about the t virus. Going around for ages to find how to solve puzzles, which give me that grin. I miss going around to find pieces of a lock mechanism to open a door. All missing or not done very well in RE5.

But! I did love going through the amazing mystical environments in the underground parts. Beautiful.

Crysis Warhead (PC DVD)
Crysis Warhead (PC DVD)
Offered by scaddingk

1.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable, 23 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Crysis Warhead (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I can't believe EA has introduced DRM into games? This is childish behaviour from them and has put me off buying this game completely.

Alone in the Dark (PC DVD)
Alone in the Dark (PC DVD)

1.0 out of 5 stars More hype than actual gaming sensation..., 7 July 2008
I've been playing this game for a while now and I also find the game very frustrating when it comes to the controls. Monsters are cool and can only be killed with fire (which is great and makes you think about how to kill them). However, it is not cool when you open your jacket to combine items and find out that it doesn't stop the game... Unless you played the game for the second time, you won't know when you're about to face a monster so when you do. You have to quickly open your jacket to combine items and by that time the monsters have a good stab at you... Not cool.

The story seems to have a lot of depth but it falls so badly in terms of scripting and voice acting (I think the same guy that done max payne is also edward).

What can I say? If someone you know has this game, play at their house. Personally I wouldn't buy this game if I knew it this bad.

CSS Mastery: Advanced Web Standards Solutions
CSS Mastery: Advanced Web Standards Solutions
by Simon Collison

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a good book, 31 May 2007
I would not get this book as it teaches bad methods which don't work in Internet Explorer 6. And to be ignorant like this is a bad move... Say good bye to about most of your users! Beginners and experts (in fact) stay clear of this book! 2 stars because the presentation was good and had an interesting part about CSS image maps.

Gatecrasher Present Crasher Live in Amsterdam & Kuala Lumpur
Gatecrasher Present Crasher Live in Amsterdam & Kuala Lumpur

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, 29 April 2004
The 1st CD which is recorded from Amsterdam isnt good at all, most of thetunes seem like they are just put together with little effort and not verytrance like. My opinion on the album was beginning to be very bad.However, once i switched to the 2nd CD, (although heard some of the tuneson the 2nd CD) it was still amazing to hear them. I was getting goosebumps listening to them. And I have to say, this album is well worth thebuy just for the 2nd CD!! Seriously, buy it now!

PHP and MySQL Web Development, 2nd edition
PHP and MySQL Web Development, 2nd edition
by Luke Welling

5.0 out of 5 stars Great PHP Book, 26 April 2004
This is a great book to start your PHP skills with. Not recommended forusers who don't have any programming skills. As this book assumes you havesome kind of intermediate skills. Covers most areas of making ane-commerce site using PHP and MySQL, is very detailed and explains eachpiece of coding very well. I will recommend this book, as it explains manyof the important details about security, database issues and many otherinternet-related issues with e-commerce sites.

Smartdisk USB 2.0 PCI Card 4 Port External/1 Port Internal
Smartdisk USB 2.0 PCI Card 4 Port External/1 Port Internal

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value for money, 8 Feb. 2004
Works well in my 1GHz PowerMac running OS X 10.3.2. The self-powered products also work fine because it uses a 5V. PCI card. The internal port is also useful for optional bluetooth.

Page: 1 | 2