Profile for Miriam Tereck > Reviews

Content by Miriam Tereck

Miriam Tereck (United Kingdom)

LaRoc 32 Piece Makeup Brush Cosmetic Set Kit Eyeshadow Foundation Powder Blush
LaRoc 32 Piece Makeup Brush Cosmetic Set Kit Eyeshadow Foundation Powder Blush
Offered by Jazooli

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Mar. 2015
Amazing Brushes! Absolutely love them!

The Beauty Detox Foods
The Beauty Detox Foods

I love this book!!

Passion and Purity
Passion and Purity
by Elliot Elisabeth

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 4 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Passion and Purity (Paperback)
Not what l expected but its a good book! Definitely worth a read.

The Personal Touch
The Personal Touch
by Terrie Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Personal Touch (Paperback)
Loved this book so much!! Great lessons to learn from it.

You Don't Need a Title to be a Leader: How Anyone, Anywhere, Can Make a Positive Difference
by Mark Sanborn

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Motivational Book!, 2 Mar. 2013
I chose this book from the list of options l was given by Waterbrook Multnomah Publishers, for the simple fact that the title of the book caught my eye. I do not have a title but l do have a desire to be a leader or rather an influential person. His style of writing is simple and easy to understand and grasp. His use of stories captures the reader's attention and it makes the principles in this book easy to relate to. He starts the book by describing what a leader is and ends the book by showing how we can make a positive difference. He also gives six principles of leadership which are;

The power of Self Mastery
The power of Focus
Power with people
The power of Persuasive Communication
The Power of execution
The Power of Giving

It is a great motivational book. The main message l got from this book is that one can be a leader irregardless of their position in life. Most of the things He mentions I've heard them before so reading this book was refreshing. It took me a while to finish reading it though, here are two quotes l highlighted;

It's important to make people feel appreciated. It's even more important to let people know that there is someone who believes in them so much that he or she will not let them be less that they can be.

Not all people will live up to your expectations. But while you may not get all that you hoped or expected, you will always get more than you would have gotten otherwise. One of the greatest compliments you can e paid as a leader is to have someone say that you helped them be better than they thought they could be.

There are so many more l could share but the main idea is you can make a positive difference wherever you are starting now!.

You can purchase this book from amazon.co.uk , amazon.com , and many other book sellers online or in the book stores.

Miriam..x

Disclaimer: I received this book free from Waterbrook Multnomah for review in exchange for my honest opinion. All opinions are my own. l only recommend products or services l use personally and believe will add value to my readers.

The 4 Seasons of Marriage: Secrets to a Lasting Marriage
The 4 Seasons of Marriage: Secrets to a Lasting Marriage

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it!!, 27 Feb. 2013
I love Dr. Gary Chapman’s books and after reading The Five Love languages, l was excited when l received this book. I had no idea it was a devotional when l got it because it does not say so on the cover. The devotions are short and concise less than 5 minute read which is excellent for those who want small tips during the day. Although short and concise the devotionals are filled with so much wisdom and provide thoughts that one can meditate upon.

Your Hearts Desire PB
Your Hearts Desire PB
by Shepherd Rose Sheri

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for woman!, 28 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Your Hearts Desire PB (Paperback)
This book blew my mind,. I had to take notes on almost every page. I am not yet married but from the way Sheri Shepherd writes in this book, I can tell that marriage is definitely something worth looking forward to, as well as something that requires a lot of prayer and commitment. I read the book in less than a week, I just could not put it down. Sheri writes from her own personal experience about the challenges she goes through as a married woman, and how she manages to conquer and move on victoriously. Her use of bible verses, and the princess prayer at the end of each chapter adds more volume to the content in this book. Sheri Shepherd shares 14 truths that will forever change the way we are loved or love.. Here is the outline of the 14 points she discusses:

Desiring a "Happily Ever After"
Desiring a Godly Man to Marry (For singles)
Desiring to leave a Legacy for my loved Ones
Desiring God's design that me and my man become one
Desiring God to give me the power to remain pure
Desiring to give and receive Love
Desiring to embrace my new life in Christ
Desiring to become a woman my man can lead
Desiring my son to grow to become a man of Faith
Desiring a miracle to build a new foundation of Love
Desiring expressions of Love and Romance in my marriage
Desiring to believe God can change a man and save a marriage
Desiring to glorify God by showing honor and respect
Desiring to surrender my whole heart to my Lord

Let me share with you two of my Favorite quotes in the book;

>Don't put your purpose on "pause" while you wait for a man to push the "play" button so you will be free to live today with passion and joy, even as you are driven by eternity. If you will stop looking for a spouse to make you complete and let the Lord fill you up, I believe your open heart will be ready to receive the kind of man God has designed for you to have, You will become much more attractive to a godly man if you are more concerned about your relationship with God than about any dating relationship.

>Our lives may not be the ones we have longed for, but the greatest testimony is not how we started but how we finish. It isn't getting what we want; it's giving what we have. It isn't getting our way; it's doing God's will no matter what anyone else we love does. The legacy is not in our comfort; it is in our character.

This book is definitely worth reading.. Hope you pick up a copy soon and get started

Life Promises for Couples HB
Life Promises for Couples HB
by Chapman Gary

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Promises for Couples, 23 April 2012
"..Everybody wants a strong, loving, God-centered marriage. In Life Promises for Couples, New York Times bestselling relationship expert Dr. Gary Chapman provides trusted words of wisdom designed to encourage and inspire couples, alongside key Bible verses that illuminate God's plan for marriage and for nurturing healthy, happy relationships. Whether you are a young couple just starting out or you've just celebrated your 50th wedding anniversary, your marriage is sure to benefit from the timeless wisdom contained in this beautifully designed two-color gift book..."

I love Dr. Gary Chapman's books and after reading The Five Love languages, l was excited when l received this book. I had no idea it was a devotional when l got it because it does not say so on the cover. The devotions are short and concise less than 5 minute read which is excellent for those who want small tips during the day. Although short and concise the devotionals are filled with so much wisdom and provide thoughts that one can meditate upon.

Married couples would definitely find this the perfect devotional to read early in the morning, during lunch or even before bed, each devotion is followed by three bible verses. This book would be a perfect gift for any married couple. One of my favourite quotes is;

A successful wife is one who expends her time and energy helping her husband reach His potential for God and for doing good in the world. Likewise, a successful husband is one who helps his wife do the same. If you help your spouse succeed, you end up living with a winner - and someone who feels fulfilled and purposeful.

I received this product from Tyndale House Publishers for review in exchange for my honest opinion. All opinions are my own. l only recommend products or services l use personally and believe will add value to my readers.