Profile for J. Jenkins > Reviews

J. Jenkins

Page: 1 | 2
Delock USB Sound to SPDIF Adapter
Delock USB Sound to SPDIF Adapter

4.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly with NVIDIA shield TV and Monitor, 18 July 2016
I bought this as a test to try and get 5.1 sound out of an NVIDIA shield TV via its USB port to my amps digital audio port. I use a large 4K monitor in my study and have the shield TV plugged into its hdmi port but wanted decent sound. Can report this works perfectly and without drivers and the shield TV powers the Delock via USB. Provides 5.1 sound well, I have not tested dolby yet but very happy with this cheap solution.

Phantom Aquatics Speed Sport Signature Mask Fin Snorkel Set, Adult
Phantom Aquatics Speed Sport Signature Mask Fin Snorkel Set, Adult
Offered by Prime Scuba

3.0 out of 5 stars A mixed bag, 13 Jun. 2016
I purchased these to replace my US Divers travel set that were lost in a house fire.
The positives. The mask has a better head strap and seal. The negatives. Find are lower quality although they look a similar design. Strapping flimsy and fin less well fitting and thinner. Snorkel is of inferior quality and will definitely not be as robust as the semi dry snorkel that was in the US Divers set. Bag is a simple mesh with no separate mask compartment or extra pockets. Not as robust or as nice to carry but will be lighter in the luggage when packed.There is also no DVD.
I tried to find a US Divers set but unavailable in the UK unless female or a child.
This set although looking similar apart from the base actually cost more.
Time will tell how durable the more fragile plastics and foot straps will be.Wish I could have found the same set I originally had.
I know this sounds a negative review, if I originally had this set and nothing to compare it with I suspect I would be reasonably happy.
It is a good casual snorkel set, shorter fins are lighter and easier to pack. This design of fin work well in the water and produce a decent amount of power.
If looking to save space and weight in your luggage it is a good choice but handle the strapping on the fins with care.

Original Xiaomi yi Camera Xiaoyi Action Sport Camera 16MP 4608X3456 1920x1080p WIFI Bluetooth 4.0 Standard Edition (White)

2.0 out of 5 stars A camera let down by sloppy quality control, 5 April 2016
I bought the camera because of the reviews. However my camera arrived with the common blurred image problem that is a very common complaint with this camera. The images my camera produces look soft and blurred, it also has another software fault. All videos and photographs are flipped by the camera so things are the wrong way round like a reflection in a mirror. It can be quickly fixed for images once an editing app or programme is used but video takes a long time so no quick uploads to websites. Be aware if buying this camera you may well get one with blurred images and video or muffled sound. Having to return mine as the faults are unacceptable.

Smartwool Microweight Men's Boxers black Size:L
Smartwool Microweight Men's Boxers black Size:L

2.0 out of 5 stars Supremely comfortable boxers let down by poor and flimsy construction., 20 Nov. 2015
I recently bought a pair of these and they are by far the best walking boxers I have had. No chaffing and very comfortable.
I cannot recommended them however as after wearing them four times they are beginning to fall apart at the waistband. Not used on long treks, no rough treatment, no stresses on material as fit is very good.
They are just too flimsy for an expensive pair of boxers. Will be trying for a refund.

Case-Mate Barely Case for Sony Xperia Z3 Compact - Clear
Case-Mate Barely Case for Sony Xperia Z3 Compact - Clear

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough little case., 19 Aug. 2015
Great case, shows off the Xperia phones beauty perfectly. I had a bad fall with my phone in my hand and it ended up thrown as I tried to break my fall. Surprised to see no damage to the phone and only slightest of marks on the case. Ankle in plaster but my phone is in great shape thanks to the case.

COOLMAX MEMORY FOAM TOPPERS ALL SIZES IN 2" THICKNESS - FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY (4FT6 DOUBLE)
Offered by Sleepkings

5.0 out of 5 stars Revitalised an old mattress so much that it is better than when I bought it., 19 Aug. 2015
Comfortable nights returned. I bought this topper for placing on an older mattress whilst saving for a new one. Do not think I will bother now.
What a transformation! so comfortable, I am happy I did not buy a thicker memory foam topper because there is no need.
It is a pleasure to lie on, the CoolMax cover works well in stopping overheating. Will be buying another for the spare room.

AEG AG71a RapidClean Stair and Car Handheld Vacuum Cleaner - Graphite Grey
AEG AG71a RapidClean Stair and Car Handheld Vacuum Cleaner - Graphite Grey

1.0 out of 5 stars All noise and heat but no suck., 19 Aug. 2015
I bought the AEG AG7a because of all the positive reviews and the need for a handy hand held vacuum cleaner. I opened the box, read the instructions and tested the cleaner on a small Ottoman that had some pet hair on it. This thing does not suck, the hair was moved around on the Ottoman by the brushes but none was collected in the cleaner. I took the hose off and used the crevice tool, again nothing collected by the cleaner and the plastic collector stayed pristine with no dirt on filter either. The AEG got very hot however, all in about twenty seconds.
I do not recommend this cleaner, a lint roller will do a better job.
Returning for a refund and searching for something that works. Any suggestions welcome.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2016 4:47 PM BST

Ray-Ban Unisex RB2140 Original Wayfarer Sunglasses ,50,Brown (902/57)
Ray-Ban Unisex RB2140 Original Wayfarer Sunglasses ,50,Brown (902/57)
Offered by Deluxe Enterprises

3.0 out of 5 stars If you have cheekbones these are not for you., 25 Mar. 2014
I bought these sunglasses to replace my broken wayfarers. Excellent lenses with polarised glass and the dark amber tint makes even a dull day look bright.
However the sunglasses cannot be worn for more than thirty minutes without pain and they cause deep grooves at the top of my cheekbones. The sunglasses move upwards a long way if I smile hoisted by my cheek muscles.
On closer inspection I discovered that the lenses slope inwards at the bottom which my old Ray-Ban Wayfarers did not.
Since been told there are two designs, the modern frame that does not slope inwards and the classic which these are that do.
Third party seller, so not holding my breath, the first pair they sent were scratched. They do not appear to sell the newer design.
Hope I can return them. Beautifully made but avoid if you have high cheekbones.

Head Case Designs Daisy Pattern Floral Fashion Stripes Hard Back Case for Apple iPad mini 1 / 2 / 3
Offered by eCell

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely design and very tough decorative case., 21 Sept. 2013
We love head Case cases, they have some of the best designs and make your phone stand out from the crowd.
Although they are mostly decorative and will not protect the front of your phone they do protect the back and sides from scratches and scuffs. They are so tough that when we returned home from our holiday to find our house had exploded the only thing we found unmarked and in fact perfect was a head Case hard back cover. A true story.

Jack and Jones Straight Men's T-Shirt Dark Blue Large
Jack and Jones Straight Men's T-Shirt Dark Blue Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Shirt, terrible sizing., 21 Sept. 2013
The shirt arrived very quickly. I open the bag and think it looks a bit small.
I am a large in all my other shirts and so ordered the large size.
It is tiny! I let my son try it on who is medium and it was too small for him.
The shirt is great, good quality, really lovely design.
I have to send it back and I think order XXL because the Large size is so far out I think XL will be too small.
Keeping fingers crossed.