Profile for Ya Kil > Reviews

Content by Ya Kil

Ya Kil "Beautiful music goes beyond language" (Nottingham, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Kids' French: First Steps in Learning
Kids' French: First Steps in Learning
by CRS Records
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Parlez-vous Francais?, 7 May 2017
I speak French, but my wife doesn't. So, I wanted something we could listen to as a family and get my 4 and 3 year old to learn the language. They love the songs and I am confident that through repetition this will help me teach them more than just "Bonjour. Comment ca va?" The pdf files with the 25 songs is a nice touch so I can teach them few words as well.

Selling 101: What Every Successful Sales Professional Needs to Know
Selling 101: What Every Successful Sales Professional Needs to Know
by Zig Ziglar

5.0 out of 5 stars Selling without selling out, 7 May 2017
As always, the items were delivered on time (1 day early than expected which is awesome!) and the standard packaging was good. I love the pocket size of the book making it easy to carry and read during downtime. Some of the content I have already read it or listened to it on previous Zig Ziglar's works, but repetition is the mother of learning - so no complaints here. I have not completed it but SELLING 101 can be read in one seating or two, I reckon. If this is your first Zig Ziglar's book, you will learn the art of persuasion while staying ethical. There are loads of gems and wise words to take on board since we are all sellers! We all have something to sell. Whether it is the advantage of a good education to our children or various products/services to our customers, we have to sell ourselves without selling out.

Je depends de toi
Je depends de toi

5.0 out of 5 stars The Lord is my saviour, 3 April 2017
This review is from: Je depends de toi (MP3 Download)
Catchy, melodic and inspiring. Look for the video, equally sumptuous.

Repentance
Repentance

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 April 2017
This review is from: Repentance (MP3 Download)
Gospel music with a modern Afrobeat touch...

Pitié
Pitié

5.0 out of 5 stars Have mercy my love..., 7 Mar. 2017
This review is from: Pitié (MP3 Download)
I've only discovered this song because of Youssoupha (his son) sampling it. One Nigerian artist did the same, but it was weak and not as appealing as Youssoupha's. When listening to his limpid voice and the beautiful horn arrangement, I only marvel to his genius. A classic...

Screw It, Let's Do It: Lessons In Life (Quick Reads)
Screw It, Let's Do It: Lessons In Life (Quick Reads)
by Sir Richard Branson

3.0 out of 5 stars Like a Virgin, 7 Mar. 2017
This can be read in one seating and although the writing simple is very simple, it is refreshing and almost conversational. A quick way to glimpse into the mind of a wonderful maverick while gathering useful tips and advices to improve your life.

Rihanna
Rihanna

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Mar. 2017
This review is from: Rihanna (MP3 Download)
Love it! Catchy, fun, upbeat!

40-Day Journey With Dietrich Bonhoeffer
40-Day Journey With Dietrich Bonhoeffer
by Ronald Klug

5.0 out of 5 stars Practising my faith, 7 Mar. 2017
Last year, I was receiving this devotional work daily by e-mail during the Lent period. So I wanted to go through it again and bought myself the book. Because I wanted to pray and meditate by having a deep and honest relationship with God, there was no other book I knew of to make that journey. It is very insightful if you work on it (journaling) and allocate (in my case) every morning to pray, meditate, read the passage from the Bible and intercede. You can always go back to it and do another 40 days journey for another spiritual cleansing.

The Next Movement (Album Version (Edited)) [Clean]
The Next Movement (Album Version (Edited)) [Clean]

1.0 out of 5 stars This is not a radio edit. The only reason ..., 14 Feb. 2017
This is not a radio edit. The only reason I bought it - I have the album on CD already and had one on a tape cassette - was because I thought it to be a clean edit for my radio show. It's not...

101 Ways to Make Money in Africa: Lucrative Business Ideas, Inspiring Success Stories, and Interesting Business Opportunities for Forward Thinking Entreperneurs

5.0 out of 5 stars T.I.A. This is Africa, 14 Feb. 2017
I would like to thank the authors for putting together such an inspiring and cohesive piece of work. Africa is indeed the future. If those from the diaspora could work together and stop listening to all the negative press, we have a chance to make our respective countries a force in the future. Every categories are clearly labelled and although you get to see the same countries being mentioned - possibly because they have a different progress - but you could see the potential of business in lesser known countries. Armed with an entrepreneurial mind, I can see how this book can inspire many of my fellow Africans. Like Jim Rohn says, "The books you don't read won't help".

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17