Profile for M. Burgess > Reviews

Zoom Karaoke DVD - The Ultimate Karaoke Party 2012 - 60 Songs
Zoom Karaoke DVD - The Ultimate Karaoke Party 2012 - 60 Songs
Offered by DJdepot

3.0 out of 5 stars Good - but with too many explicit songs, 6 Aug. 2013
I got this for my youth group - as well as other karaoke DVDs - I know the ad stated that there are some explicit lyrics in the songs - but there were actually 6 or 7 of the songs containing them, even though the vast majority of these have non-explicit variations... May have been a better move, methinks...

Daydream Basic Sleep Mask with Cool Pack Black
Daydream Basic Sleep Mask with Cool Pack Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Product - works amazingly!, 6 Aug. 2013
Sad as it may seem, I researched sleep masks for a few days before choosing this one.

I have two major problems in life - I wake up when it gets light and I suffer from chronic migraines, which make me need to be in as dark a room as possible; even a tiny gap in normal masks allows a heck of a lot of light to get in - however, the addition of two tiny bits of foam, much to my surprise really do make the difference between slightly darkened and totally dark. The extra addition of the cool gel pack, which inserts easily is a welcome design - I keep my gel pack in the fridge ready for when a migraine attacks.

My one and ONLY reason for giving this a 4/5 rather than top marks is that I sleep on my right - especially with a migraine - and the adjusters happen to be on that side and dig in a little - that's just personal though and should in no way put you off buying this little beauty. Once my current one wears out a few years down the line I will certainly be purchasing another identical!

Navman S50 Satellite Navigation Unit With UK & Ireland Mapping
Navman S50 Satellite Navigation Unit With UK & Ireland Mapping

1.0 out of 5 stars So near yet so far..., 14 April 2009
My wife and I purchased this Satnav in a large supermarket near my parents yesterday. It looked good and seemed to have all the facilities that we wanted. We got into the car, and as my wife started the 80 mile journey back to our house I started setting it all up.

At first it all looked good. Easy to use menus, etc. One problem I found was the quality of the sound at higher volume - was quite crackly. Then I struggled to find where to input the time. Turns out you can't. This seems like a little thing, but without it you don't have the information such as expected journey time, estimated time of arrival, and you can't tell whether your journey is going better or worse than it should.

Almost 1.5 hours later as we were almost home, we decided to take a 15 mile extra detour to a supermarket from the same chain where we got our Satnav, where we handed it over for a full refund.

This is a real shame, Navman, as we went online to a different store and got a much better spec Satnav on a half price offer. Pays to do your homework!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 21, 2011 9:02 AM BST