Profile for B. Darwin > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Vinegar - 1001 Practical Uses
Vinegar - 1001 Practical Uses
by Margaret Briggs

5.0 out of 5 stars ... I already had the book and found it very useful. I didn't know that there were so many ..., 1 Jun. 2016
I bought this copy of the book for my son and his partner as I already had the book and found it very useful. I didn't know that there were so many different vinegars and uses. not only for dressings but for many household uses and what's more they're green and cut out the need for many chemical cleaning products worth having on your kitchen bookshelf

A Matter of Honour
A Matter of Honour

5.0 out of 5 stars SOOOOOO Good, 27 May 2016
He is such a good writer. I really enjoyed the book. I'm not going to say more--just read it and enjoy.

Snowblind (Dark Iceland)
Snowblind (Dark Iceland)

4.0 out of 5 stars Snowblind, 27 Jan. 2016
_A young policeman, Ari Thor, without consulting his partner of two years, had applied for and got a position as a policeman in Siglufjordur. Siglufjordur a sleepy, very northern town 'where nothing happens '. At least not until Ari Thor arrives and is plunged into murder. This along with feeling down about his partner refusing to come with him and being an 'in-comer' makes him feel down
The story is the solving of the crime and the not overdone descriptive writing of what seems a beautiful place, although very snowy makes the book enjoyable to read. I will be watching out for his next book.

Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - In a Gift Box - £30 (Generic)
Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - In a Gift Box - £30 (Generic)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Pleased, 23 Nov. 2015
Really beautifully packaged makes the gift extra special. Thank you

A Very British Ending
A Very British Ending

5.0 out of 5 stars Book 5 of Five Brilliant reads, 2 Nov. 2015
This appears to be the last of a brilliant series of five books by Edward Wilson, which are the continuing story of William Catesby and his superior and confident Henry Bone. They both work for the secret service and it is William's journey through British history after the second world war as a member of the secret service which we follow.Older readers will remember and wonder on some of the things that have happened and ponder on the explanation given in the books.A Very British Ending is a just as good as the first and although I'm not going to say what happens in the book I do recommend (as I was when reading a review) that you start from the first book. You will not be disappointed.

I Let You Go
I Let You Go
by Clare Mackintosh

5.0 out of 5 stars DO read this book, 29 Sept. 2015
This review is from: I Let You Go (Paperback)
This is such a good book. the minute I started it I could NOT put it down. I had to find out what was going on, why things had happened.
I am not going into the storyline as that would spoil it--but it moves along at a good pace and there is a twist in the story. DO read it, if you like who done-its, this is the one for you. You like me will not be able to rest until you've read it
reached the end. More please

17 Carnations: The Windsors, The Nazis and The Cover-Up
17 Carnations: The Windsors, The Nazis and The Cover-Up

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed the book, 7 Sept. 2015
I enjoyed the book. Quite a bit of the information I was aware of but it's still worth reading.It just makes you wonder hoe much information is kept from the unsuspecting people of this country. Also why the so called 'great' should be protected while the rest of us have to fend for ourselves.
He was an inadequate, lying, lazy man and she got what she didn't expect.A sorry couple.

Kindle Fire HD 7", HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - Includes Special Offers (Previous Generation - 3rd)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Brilliant, 16 July 2015
As I couldn't afford a brand new Kindle I got this one. I am so thrilled with it. The condition far surpassed my expectations---it's like new.I just
love it. Thank you.

And Into The Fire: Fascist Elements in Post War Europe and the Development of the EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Have We Been taken In By the EU (especially Germany)--read for yourself, 5 July 2015
This is an an amazing book which opens your eyes to the treachery of politicians and how the British people have been led by the nose regarding Europe, particularly by Germany in it's hunger to rule Europe one way or another. In 1975 in the COMMON MARKET referendum (NOT on joining the EU as many politicians would have us believe) I voted yes. This was as I believed what was told by the snake in the grass Heath that this would improve trade with the EEC as it was then. Being naive I did vote yes, (nothing to do with fair trade with now all its laws we have thrust on us) and have since regreted doing so; Blair piled on the mistake by ratifying the Lisbon Treaty. All who seemed to prosper are the politicians and the annonymous, faceless, un-elected rulers of the EU.
So whether you belive in the EU or not please read it is so informative and very interesting. I do hope someone will advise Mr Nigel Farage to read this book ' if he already hasn't. .

Rachel Khoo's Kitchen Notebook
Rachel Khoo's Kitchen Notebook
by Rachel Khoo

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is good, 14 Jun. 2015
Just got this book and as yet haven't tried any recipes from it. However if it is as good as her other two books they will be good. This book
is in the form of a notebook and is so colourful it raises the sprit immediately.The recipes look inviting and demand that you make them--she also makes them easy to do,. telling you how many the recipe is for, what ingredients and how to prepare them. Useful tips are also given which some may not just spring to mind at the time, but which you may be grateful for. It also has a fabric bookmark attatched which a lot of books don't have.
So anyone pondering whether or not to but this book, do. Even if you don't cook very often or at all for that matter, the colour photos and rachels sketches will keep you entertained.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5