Profile for mike gilbey > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Stranger Things Season 1, Volume 1
Stranger Things Season 1, Volume 1

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb Stranger Things music, 14 Jan. 2017
I enjoy this music more when driving or just relaxing, good soundtrack to go with a great show. When the Duffer brothers started production on Stranger Things they certainly expected something very special and they were not disappointed with the end result any more then the rest of us were. I will be buying volume 2 of the soundtrack and I look forward to the release of the DVD of Stranger Things ( I will be frankly amazed if there isn't one).

The Visit [DVD]
The Visit [DVD]
Dvd ~ Deanna Dunagan

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth A Visit, 29 Aug. 2016
This review is from: The Visit [DVD] (DVD)
Not the best horror movie I've ever seen but not the worst either. Can't say I'm a big fan of Blair Witch style film making but this generally turned out okay. The two kids are good in this. They decide to chronicle their stay at their grandparents house and after a few days realise the two old people's behaviour is very strange indeed. They know all is not right and the twist I did not foresee at all. All in all a good piece of entertainment and a good effort from M. Night Shyamalan who will never do anything as good as The Sixth Sense again.

King of the Hill: The Complete 7th Season [DVD] [2002] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

4.0 out of 5 stars King of the Hill still king of the cartoon shows., 1 Aug. 2016
I enjoyed it as I have enjoyed all King Of The Hill episodes. I am pleased all seasons are now available on DVD.

Pan [DVD] [2015]
Pan [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Hugh Jackman

3.0 out of 5 stars Pan In The Beginning, 10 July 2016
This review is from: Pan [DVD] [2015] (DVD)
I rented with movie and I found it entertaining and well worth watching. Can't see there being another Pan film because this wasn't very successful at the box office. I don't really know the full story because I never read the book by J.M. Barrie but I would like to know how Hook lost a hand and became Peter's sworn enemy. Maybe I'm have to read the book to find out. A good movie nonetheless.

King of the Hill: The Complete 10th Season [Region 1]
King of the Hill: The Complete 10th Season [Region 1]

4.0 out of 5 stars King Hill, 17 Jun. 2016
I only recently learned that all episodes of King Of The Hill are now available on DVD in both the UK and the USA and I would say it's about time. I bought season ten just today (not from Amazon I'm sorry to say) and every episode I've watched so far has impressed me. Nobody really expected it to be another Simpsons (I personally think it's better) but it certainly did have a very good run. Not the best animation I've ever seen but it does have some very likeable and unique characters, particularly hillbilly Boomhower (how do they understand him) young Bobby Hill and Peggy. I never saw all the episodes first time around so I'll have to purchase them so I can catch up. As with most cartoon shows time does very slowly in that world as none of them have aged more then a year from start to finish and that's how it should be. Thanks for bringing them all out even if about ten years too late.

The Impossible [DVD] [2013]
The Impossible [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Ewan McGregor

5.0 out of 5 stars Impossible not to praise!, 10 April 2016
This review is from: The Impossible [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
It took me awhile to review this one and all I can say is it's great from start to finish. Niomi Watts was just outstanding and Tom Holland gave one of the best performances I've seen from a boy that age. I could go on and on about this movie and still never do it justice. The best disaster film ever and one of the greatest movies ever. There's no more to say.

Spanked Boy Stories
Spanked Boy Stories

4.0 out of 5 stars Spanking Fun!, 10 April 2016
I have read this and some others in the series and I must say that if this is the kind of material you like to read then it's as good as any you'll find. There's something for everyone. Naughty lads being spanked by fathers, mothers, brothers, uncles and sometimes by other boys. I am pleased with this and would like to see more.

Bobby Ware Is Missing
Bobby Ware Is Missing
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

4.0 out of 5 stars Good 1950's thriller., 10 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Bobby Ware Is Missing (DVD)
This was certainly worth buying. At the time it was released it must have been very tense and gripping although perhaps not so much now. It runs a little over an hour but it contains so much. Two boys get trapped on a mountain ledge and a search gets under way. The search gets halted when somebody who knows the father of one of the boys claims to have kidnapped them and demands money. This of course puts the kids in worse danger and I think that any such person should be held accountable if the rescuers can't reach them in time. Good movie.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Royal Elvis, 19 Nov. 2015
This is far better then I would have expected. The added music and arrangements has made many of the tracks even better then when originally released. Well done the people who have worked on this great album.

Back in Memphis
Back in Memphis

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Elvis!, 30 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Back in Memphis (Audio CD)
This is a great Elvis album as most of them are and I am certainly pleased to have bought it. All I have to say.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3