Profile for The Accidental Reviewer > Reviews

Content by The Accidental...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 690

The Accidental Reviewer (London)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
25mm Quality Metal Bracket Upgrade Roller Blind Fittings Spare Kit White Heavy Duty
Offered by FURNISHED

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, 21 Nov. 2016
What every blind should come with, a quality fixing kit with lots of mounting hole options. Love the fact that the dumb end is spring loaded

GardenMate 3 x Garden Waste Bags 120 Litres
GardenMate 3 x Garden Waste Bags 120 Litres
Offered by AllMates

5.0 out of 5 stars Overall great, minor niggles only, 21 Nov. 2016
Great, handles largish branches well without splitting. Love the bottom handle very useful, although the plastic ring for the top should be a little shorter,

Inateck USB 3.0 4-Port Hub with Bus-Powered for Laptops, Ultrabooks and Tablet PCs with USB Ports Backward Compatible with USB 2.0 & Support Windows 8/ 7/ Vista/ XP, Mac OS X 10.8.4, White

4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly OK, good value, some expansion possibilities, 21 Nov. 2016
Nice and compact but some plugs and device fit quite snugly. I do wish it was a bit heavier. It's obviously shaped to fit under a laptop but I don't use it that way, wish they had provided a mains adaptor for it but I knew it wasn't included, at least there's an option to add one.

Kingston Technology 64 GB Micro USB 3.1 Gen 1/USB 3.0 Flash Drive DataTraveler - Metallic

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but some initial formatting problems, 21 Nov. 2016
Nice and small but it was initially problematic trying to format at NTFS on a Mac (with Paragon) so in the end I formatted it initially as FAT32, which worked and then formatted as NTFS. I wish they would have included an actual key ring, but then again nobody else does. I use this to store calibration patterns to test TVs and it's worked fine on the 3 TVs I've used it on.

So good, small, not blisteringly fast but I didn't but it for that, I bought it for value for money, size and the fact that it was easy to put on a keyring

(Pack of 4) LYNEC 7-color Changing Solar Powered Waterproof RGB Outdoor Patio Garden Hanging Decoration Lights for Landscape Home Garden Pathway Valentine's Day Wedding Holiday Christmas Party

4.0 out of 5 stars Very attractive no weather sealing., 1 Nov. 2016
Easy to use and put up, I really like the fact that you can hang these, or use the stake to put them in the ground. The different modes are easily selectable with a switch. Although the instructions are a little ambiguous with regard to the lock setting and using it in combination with the 'changing colour' setting.

Also there is no attempt to weather seal the lids and the switches so I think water is going to make it's way in without too much of a problem. Each unit contains a single AAA battery with a stated capacity of 300ma (quite low).

Chef Essential Stainless Steel Non-Slip Mixing Bowls Set with Lids and Graters, Set of 5, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but only 1 bowl suitable for use with the grating lid attachment/, 1 Nov. 2016
I Like these, they are nice and heavy and the non slip base is very useful. One thing I should point out is that there is only 1 grating lid and it only fits one of the bowls (the next to largest). I do like the fact that you can individually seal each bowl. I did notice that there was some transfer of the black print on the protective bags to the inside of a couple of the bowls, not great.

Hopefully I'll get round to using them more and they won't just sit in my kitchen cupboard!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot bigger than other lights but not very attractive, really bright in high mode, 25 Oct. 2016
As usual, I'm always on the lookout for solar powered security lighting, and as is my nature I like to try something a little different.

I saw this and thought I would jump at the chance of trying it, it is far bigger than any other similar solar security light I have seen. It contains 54 LEDs both downward and sideward facing.

It contains a single 18650 battery, Which can be replaced with the judicious use of a small screwdriver and the loosening of nine small screws. Interestingly enough it looks like there will be another version which takes two of these batteries as the battery compartment is designed to take a single battery or given a couple of extra components , 2 batteries.

On the rear of the unit is a single switch which has four positions labelled, Off, 1, 2, 3. thinks included basic manual does make mention of three different lighting modes but it doesn't directly relate them to the three position switch labels.

I found out by trial and error that the 1 position is the medium light setting, Which is on constantly after the light levels drop and to be included passive infrared detector has no effect in this mode.

With this switch in the 2 position you select dim light sensor mode. This means that the light will turn on constantly at a dimmer level than position 1, in fact not all the LEDs light up when using this setting. It will turn on the remaining LEDs when motion is detected and it remains on in this high mode for about 18 seconds after motion ceases. I have found that the PIR detector sensitivity is directly related to the charge in the battery, when it gets low you have to get really close for it to activate. With a normal charge it will activate at up to 5m away depending on how you approach it.

With the switch in position 3 you are in sensor mode, This means that the light is not locked up at all until motion is detected, And then it goes off about 18 seconds after motion ceases.

As one of the light itself, included in the box are some wall plugs and screws and a very basic information and instruction leaflet.

There are warnings in the instruction leaflet about how long you have to charged this for it to work fully, it says that it needs about eight hours of charge in direct sunlight to give approximately 4 to 6 hours of lighting. This might be achievable during an English summer but typically it is not going to work during the winter, You might be lucky to get half an hours worth of light out of this.

What you shouldn't underestimate is the size of this thing, it’s 30x10x5cm, huge in comparison to other lights like this. Also you do need to remember that the light needs to be in one of the three on positions in order to charge, It will not charge in the off position.

It's nice to see that the battery compartment has weather sealing around it. As I've said before the only thing I think lets these lights down is the unattractiveness of the emitters, some sort of diffusion sheet should be applied as they look downright ugly. Yes I know it adds to the cost but it will also add to the general appeal, security lights do not have to have the utilitarian look. It’s certainly bright enough on the full output setting so that you can afford to lose a little bit of the output that would go hand-in-hand with a bit of diffusion.

This product was sent to me for review purposes. This has no effect on my opinion. I provide unbiased professional reviews and award stars based on performance, ease of use and value for money. This sometimes causes problems with the distributor or manufacturer but it has no effect on my review

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but would have liked to seen a wall mount, 18 Oct. 2016
I like low energy solar powered lighting for the garden and I'm always on the lookout to something a little different. I saw these and thought I would try them out.

In the box you get.

Solar panel
Attached solar panel
Ground stake

It does not include any way of wall mounting the solar panel.

Unlike other similar lights I have tested these have a number of different lighting modes, flashing, Dimming etc up to 8 different settings. Normally lights like this only have two, Constant on and flashing. These are much more like Christmas tree lights in that respect. The lights themselves are encased in a plastic jacket with soft spikes, which show off the colours well.

It will take a number of hours to charge these fully, on good autumn days you will get enough sunlight during the day to power these for several hours as they automatically come on when light levels get low.

Although as the nights draw in and we get less sunlight during the day I’m sure this will change.

This is a cheap and cheerful set of lights that offer more in terms of features than similar priced products.

Sony PlayStation VR
Sony PlayStation VR

2.0 out of 5 stars Overall disappointing, but very subjective, 17 Oct. 2016
This review is from: Sony PlayStation VR (Accessory)
Like most people I've been waiting to try this for months, I've used Google cardboard devices and whilst slightly impressed was let down by the resolution.

When this arrived I managed to set it up without too much of a problem. Yes there are a lot of pieces to the puzzle but if you follow the instructions carefully it doesn't take more than about 10 minutes to plug everything together. It does come very well packaged and the instructions are quite clear.

After I had downloaded the relevant update then spent about 15 minutes getting a comfortable fit. You do need to spend some time doing this especially important is the vertical alignment of the VR lenses to your eyes. You should also make sure that it fits without too much light leakage around the lenses be careful not to tighten it too much. It also makes quite a big difference to make sure that the headband sits quite low on your skull and then tighten it but again not too much.

So after doing all this I have to say I'm rather disappointed mainly due to the Mura affect. This actually pulled me out of the whole experience quite a lot it is like playing a game with a pair of tights over your head, this is a fixed pattern noise which can be slightly negated by going into settings and re-doing the distance between your eyes. Although this never got rid of it completely for me. This combined with the lower solution that VR brings To the table made this a disappointing experience for me.

Some of the demos are quite effective battlezone in particular and I know people are moaning about Drive club resolution being low but actually the experience once you get over that is pretty good.

I also tried playing Star Wars battlefront, although obviously not designed for at the moment VR,at the moment it did add something to the experience.

I have to say until the resolution increases and the mura affect disappears, probably on the next generation device I'd stay clear of this. It's just a bit disappointing.

In conclusion what I would say some people will love this and some people won't be able to get on with it. It really needs to be demoed before buying or at least bought from a place with a very good return policy. Or at the moment you could make some money selling it on, which is what I did in the end.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 16, 2017 2:01 PM GMT

10 Piece Silicone Kitchen Utensil Set with Stainless Steel handles By Chef Essential
Offered by H&H GLOBAL

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and heavyweight tools, 13 Oct. 2016
I was a little surprised on receiving these on how heavy the box was, the stainless steel handles certainly add to the weight and make this product appear much more attractive that the other similar sets on the market that are all silicone.

I use these now daily and they have replaced my old cobbled together over year set.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20