Profile for Jade Harrison > Reviews

Content by Jade Harrison

Jade Harrison "Book Addict" (Stirling, Scotland, UK)

Artemis Fowl and the Lost Colony
Artemis Fowl and the Lost Colony
by Eoin Colfer

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost - and found it's way to my bookshelf., 23 Feb. 2007
Having read the all of the previous Artemis Fowl books, (and been eargerly awaiting the next installment in the series) as soon as I saw the Lost Colony recommended for me on Amazon I knew I would love it, and therefore had to buy it. I wasn't about to be disappointed. The book has all the wit, humour, magic and fast-paced action of all of the other books so far. Plus there are a lot of interesting developments in the storyline. Artemis being interested in girls? Playing a good guy when there's nothing in it for himself?

As well as being a great read all on it's own, the book is on par, if not even better, than the rest of the series, developing the characters that a lot of Artemis fans have come to know and love. And of course, there are some new editions to the cast, each with their own distinctive personality and sense of humour. Eoin has done an impressive job of writing this series which I think appeals to a large target audience, being childish enough for kids to read, but not dumbed down too much for older readers to enjoy. I would highly recommend this book (along with the other Artemis novels) to anybody, especially those with a fondness for books with a magical theme.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2015 9:58 PM BST