Profile for Cecilia28 > Reviews

Cecilia28

100 Samurai Sudoku Puzzles
100 Samurai Sudoku Puzzles

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth waiting for, 4 Jan. 2006
Yep, it's all Samurai Sudoku puzzles in this book. 100 of these giant puzzles that can each take an hour or more. Each puzzle consists of five interlocking Sudoku grids, and as far as I can tell, you can't solve the individual puzzles on their own. They are all symmetric and although most of the puzzles are quite difficult, the book does start off with a few easier ones...then it gets progressively harder. The book itself is a little bit bigger than other Sudoku books, so there is plenty of space to write in even though the puzzles are large. This is the only book I know with only Samurai Sudoku puzzles and a definite must-have for all Sudoku fanatics who want a bit of variety.

100 Crossword Sudoku Puzzles
100 Crossword Sudoku Puzzles

5.0 out of 5 stars A new idea, 2 Dec. 2005
This isn't just Sudoku puzzles with letters instead of numbers, in these puzzles you have to figure out the nine letter word BEFORE you can solve the puzzle. Obviously nine letters can give you several words, so there is a clue to make sure you get the right one. To solve the puzzles after you've found the word is rather difficult, you need to be fairly experienced at solving Sudoku, it's not a book for beginners. More puzzles than in the other similar books.

200 Difficult Sudoku Puzzles
200 Difficult Sudoku Puzzles

5.0 out of 5 stars This book should have a warning sign!, 3 Aug. 2005
When I unsuspectingly bought this book I thought I was getting pretty good at this...I must have missed a turn somewhere, because I just looked at these puzzles and had no idea where to begin. Thankfully there were some examples and when I started trying them out I managed to get some numbers in. I don't think I'll need another Sudoku book for a long time because this will take me months to get through. The book itself is a good size, it may not fit in you pocket very well, but there's room to write and it's not small and thick like some of the others. All in all, it's as the author says, not for the beginner!