Profile for onebee2 > Reviews

onebee2

JET BLACK 80'S Retro Neon Hoop Drop CLIP ON Earrings
JET BLACK 80'S Retro Neon Hoop Drop CLIP ON Earrings

1.0 out of 5 stars A huge disappointment!, 15 Dec. 2016
A huge disappointment! The pictured earrings were just what I wanted (i.e. 'jet black 80's retro clip ons') but what I received was the second part of the listed item title, namely (orange/silver) 'neon hoop drop clip ons'. Unfortunately, I never received the item of my original order.

Manhattan [DVD] [1979]
Manhattan [DVD] [1979]
Dvd ~ Woody Allen
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

3.0 out of 5 stars Good film - deplorable sound!!, 16 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Manhattan [DVD] [1979] (DVD)
The film is great but the viewing experience of this DVD was very disappointing.

All through the film the sound kept going up and down, particularly in the final scene, when it was difficult to catch the dialogue even at maximum volume! Fiddling with the remote control rather detracted from the experience.

The potentially marvellous Gershwin soundtrack, too, was let down by the quality of this recording, while the picture resolution is so poor that it made me wonder if I had acquired a pirated version. Hard to believe that this film was only made in 1979.

KOMPUTERBAY 2GB (2x1GB) DDR SODIMM (200 pin) 333Mhz DDR333 PC2700 LAPTOP MEMORY
KOMPUTERBAY 2GB (2x1GB) DDR SODIMM (200 pin) 333Mhz DDR333 PC2700 LAPTOP MEMORY

5.0 out of 5 stars KOMPUTERBAY 2GB (2x1GB) DDR SODIMM (200 pin) 333Mhz DDR333 PC2700 LAPTOP MEMORY, 25 Jun. 2013
Very happy with this memory, which my friend installed in my 9 year old laptop. Feels like a new laptop now! (I only wish a new battery was equally affordable!). Thanks!

John Betjeman - A Bird's Eye View [DVD]
John Betjeman - A Bird's Eye View [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Betjeman
Offered by becksdvds-co-uk

4.0 out of 5 stars Warning: 20 mins shorter than stated!, 17 Nov. 2011
I am new to Betjeman (having come to him through my love for churches), and after having visited his grave in Cornwall I was delighted to find some DVDs of his films.
I enjoyed this DVD overall - although some of the music is naturally dated and I did not care too much for the lengthy footage of water skiers or motor boats - but my main disappointment is regarding the stated length of the DVD: the box states 'Running time: 2 hrs 25 mins' yet it is actually only 2 hrs and 5 minutes long.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 5, 2012 9:07 PM BST

The Illusionist [DVD] [2010]
The Illusionist [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Jean-Claude Donda

3.0 out of 5 stars Supposed to be 87 mins, turns out to be 77 (incl. credits)!, 20 Feb. 2011
This review is from: The Illusionist [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I love this film and hence was VERY disappointed to see that the DVD is actually 10 minutes shorter than Amazon's description stated. If scenes were deleted (no reason given), they were not provided on the DVD. I only wish they had shortened the (welcomed) Q&A session with the director (which was actually longer than the feature) instead of this beautiful animation!