Profile for ken essex > Reviews

Driveclub (PS4)
Driveclub (PS4)
Offered by Online Entertainment Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars A racer for the ps4 finally!, 10 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Driveclub (PS4) (Video Game)
A racer!!

Ok without going to much into the minor negatives such as server problems which are not working presently, I will just state some positive things.

It's a track racer, plain and simple!

Sense of speed is the best I have seen of what racers I have played.

Graphics are impressive, little things like blossom/grass trimmings by sides of tracks flick up as cars race past.

Cool day/evening/night cycles during some races.

Bumps/grooves in tracks really effect the cars handling, something that is missing in a lot of racing games.

Once servers are sorted and patches fix minor negatives(not many) this will be an excellent racer!

Destiny (PS4)
Destiny (PS4)
Offered by passionFlix UK

4.0 out of 5 stars good and hopefully will get better, 11 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Destiny (PS4) (Video Game)
First off I did not play the beta, so I was not sure what to expect.

Overall I'm impressed, I must admit I'm not that far in yet, this game is made for teaming up with friends or random players that you can meet at the tower or outside on planets.

I dont think it is as enjoyable playing solo.

Its awesome just meeting someone and inviting them into your fireteam and helping each other out on story missions or any other side mission/quest.

I do hope they add more content as it seems a lot of people say it gets repetitive, I think with the expansions this game will only get better, all the money spent on this game the makers will do there best to improve it and add more I would hope.

I find the loading screen 'in orbit' a bit of a drag as it takes a while to load into places.

overall I'm enjoying it , this game is not made for playing solo, its all about working together as a team!

Hunger Games: Catching Fire  [Blu-ray + DVD] [2013]
Hunger Games: Catching Fire [Blu-ray + DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Lawrence
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure what to make of it!, 31 Mar. 2014
After watching the first this is more of the same, although like with the first from what I can remember its very slow for the first 1 hour or more.
This is long film and to me its way to long. Not sure how it gets such good reviews but perhaps its just me.
Just a little slow going for my liking especially the build up to the games which I would prefer that the games lasted longer as that part felt a bit short considering the film is nearly 2 1/2 hours long.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars is good but..., 15 Feb. 2014
Have been using the VM superhub for ages but had problems with printer functionality on my wireless network, decided to try the nu66 and put superhub in modem mode.

Ok so far its doing the job but I must admit although the router is at the front of our house (not many options to move it really) the signal range is exactly the same as the superhub?

Im sure this router will be a lot more stable than the superhub but I am dissapointed with the range when all the reviews are saying how much better it is. Im only in a semi-detached house so I would of expected the range to perform a lot better than the SH.

Maybe its interference, It is situated next to my tv but has breathing space, all in all decent router and hopefully I can improve the range of it.

Pacific Rim [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Pacific Rim [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Idris Elba

3.0 out of 5 stars Giant Robots!, 27 Jan. 2014
I watched this recently and I thought it was ok, I think some of the 1 star reviews are a bit unfair.

Its a bit like transformers meets Godzilla , I personally hated transformers as there was way to much action on the screen at once so I wasn't sure about this film , lots of action scenes but a bit easier to watch on the eye than the mess that was transformers.

All I can say is its worth a watch , would I watch it again, probably not, that's why I rent most of my films.

Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4)
Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4)
Offered by Game Trade Online

2.0 out of 5 stars Bundled with ps4 , not the best!, 16 Dec. 2013
Ok I got this bundled with my ps4 , I remember playing kz2 multiplayer and enjoyed it a lot but since then the bf and cod series have been the games I get for some mp fun.

The graphics in the campaign are truly amazing and if this is the start of the ps4 ,wait till developers have even more time to work with the ps4 engine.

Although the graphics are great the game story hasn't pulled me in and the mp is really not up to it compared battlefield and Cod.

I would wait till the price drops as it's currently not worth the price.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS3)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS3)
Offered by EVERGAME

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best in the franchise, 2 Dec. 2013
I may be a bit early in doing this review as I still a have a lot to play.

Whatever you do , do not think this is going to be rubbish because of AC3 which was a very poor a highly boring attempt which had been a fairly strong franchise up until then.

The setting is better , pirates , ships , Caribbean Islands , seas battles , its excellent!

Sony PlayStation 4 500GB Console (Black)
Sony PlayStation 4 500GB Console (Black)
Offered by ROYAL TRADERS

5.0 out of 5 stars Day 1 review, 29 Nov. 2013
So far I have been very happy at what I have seen from the ps4 , at time of typing Im yet to play a game , lol , as I have been busy checking out the UI.

First off I ran the initial setup which was a breeze , next up I decided to update the console via USB , I'm sure its fine updating over the servers (just felt it could get busy on them on the first day).

The console is silent browsing the UI , a lot more silent than the ps3 , cant comment yet playing games.

The thing that stands out for me is the controller , the ds4 is a lot lot better than the ds3 and personally I prefer it to the 360 pad.

I'm sure there will be minor problems over the first week with online features but Sony will fix it and I'm sure this console will get even better over time.

Pros:

Sleek/fast UI
Much improved social features
DS4 controller is brilliant

(I'm sure there is more but I haven't had much time with it)

Cons:

cant think of any yet apart from a possible minor gripe is that the controller charger connection is very small and could break over time if not careful?

After Earth [Blu-ray] [2013]
After Earth [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Will Smith
Offered by b68solutions

2.0 out of 5 stars Avoid!, 25 Nov. 2013
Ok I'm very pleased I only rented this film , I could give it 1 star but that's a little mean so I gave it an extra star as I did finish watching it till the end.

The story is dull its just so boring which makes be wonder how I did watch it all.

Don't waste your hard earned money on this , instead rent it like I did and you will be pleased you did only rent it!

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
Offered by Go2Games

4.0 out of 5 stars a fine a game at the end of the ps3/360 era, 25 Oct. 2013
This is in my top 5 games of the year , I won't go on about the good things as its already been said , I will just say about things that they could of left out or made different.

Mini games such as golf and tennis , why? , its pointless and not on level with a game that specialises in it , you play a mini game once and then never again because you realise its rubbish ,lol.

Theses are things they could leave out and improve on other things.

other than that great game!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3