Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now
Profile for Lynnie M > Reviews

Content by Lynnie M

Lynnie M "Football Lover" (Reading,,England)

Page: 1 | 2
Supernatural - Season 11 [DVD] [2016]
Supernatural - Season 11 [DVD] [2016]

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my God its our Chuck!, 25 Sept. 2016
Supernatural is a show that I will never tire of watching and E4 has done a great job of making sure we are getting bang up to date with the US. I really enjoyed watching the boys again this season and the shows producers and writers just keep coming up with the goods. I personally don't know how they are going to top this season with the mythology and the great revelation of Chuck as every season since the start of the apocalypse in Season 5 has possibly been building up to this, but knowing the great team behind Supernatural they will still come up with a great season 12. I would like a return back to the shows roots and maybe have more monster of the week episodes. Let's get back to the boys finding monsters hunting things the 'Family Business '. I wasn't totally convinced with the whole Amara/Darkness storyline, and the Angels and Demons situation has been going on for ages now so hopefully the show might go in a different direction. The season 11 finale was very exciting and Amara did leave Dean and Sam a parting gift which I can't wait to see what happens next . It also looks like us good ole British will be featured heavily too next season so that will be good. Crowley, Castiel (as himself and Lucifer) and Rowena are still as funny and entertaining as ever this season, and an episode featuring old favourites Bobby and Rufus was a highlight. Also featured are giant demonic rabbits, a banshee, clowns, childhood imaginary friends and there is also a whole episode devoted to Dean's beloved impala Baby and see things from her point of view. I imagine the Bluray/DVD will contain all the usual highlights and I always love watching the gag reel. All in all a brilliant season yet again and i can't wait for Season 12.

Jonathan Creek Complete Series 1 - 4 & The Christmas Specials Box Set [DVD]
Jonathan Creek Complete Series 1 - 4 & The Christmas Specials Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alan Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant value for a BBC classic!, 21 Aug. 2016
I love Jonathan Creek and was glad to hear the BBC have bought him back for another special to be shown later this year. The last series number 5 was a bit hit and miss and wasn't as good as the earlier series, but even so i still preferred it to all the reality shows around at the moment. This DVD boxset takes you back to when it all started with the first 4 series included and also the earlier Xmas specials, and even though I know what the outcome of each episode is they are British TV at its best and are a joy to watch with repeated viewings. I had read that some of the episodes had been edited in the earlier DVD boxsets which is why I purchased this while it was good value. I found that Series 4 with Julia Sawalha had indeed been edited when I compared each episode with my older boxset and each episode was about 4-5 minutes longer on this new boxset. But I found it was the Xmas special Satan's Chimney that was 8 minutes longer on the new boxset and not Black Canary which some people have commented on. I found Black Canary to be exactly the same with the timing on both my old boxset and this one, so maybe this is another error that has been found? I am now glad though that i have the (hopefully) unedited versions and will continue to enjoy Jonathan Creek over and over again.

Supernatural - Season 10 [DVD] [2016]
Supernatural - Season 10 [DVD] [2016]

5.0 out of 5 stars Those Winchesters boys still rock!, 12 Jun. 2016
I have just finished watching season 10 at last and have recorded most of season 11 so will be catching up with it as soon as I can. Well done to E4 for bringing the Winchesters back to the UK, I thought we had lost them forever. I have watched these boys since they started back in 2006 and I have never known a TV show have as much impact as this one. The later seasons in my opinion are maybe not as strong as the earlier ones, but Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki are a joy to watch and give 100% every time. Their chemistry is so amazing you would think they are actual brothers and they get more gorgeous every season. The producers and the CW network have said that Supernatural could go on for many more years, I have mixed feelings about that because as much as I adore the boys and the show I don't know how much longer the storylines can last without the fans losing their interest. Jensen and Jared have said they will continue for as long as they are wanted so let's hope the good stories keep coming and keep us all hooked. As usual the DVD is good value and is full of special features including a featurette involving some of the real fans and an interview with the show creator Eric Kripke.The gag reel is there too which I always love. Carry on my wayward sons and keep us all watching.

Bones - Season 1-8 [DVD] [2013]
Bones - Season 1-8 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Emily Deschanel

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value for a great show, 8 May 2016
I finally plucked up the courage to purchase Bones on DVD when I see what good value this box set was. I bought mine as part of a deal price which Amazon had going around Xmas time, and I am glad I did when I see how much it would be if I bought each season separately. The boxset is still good value now so if you like the show then buy it. I am a latecomer to Bones as I tend to like my crime drama a bit dark and edgy like Dexter or Millennium, but I have always been open to new things and I have been pleasantly surprised. The characters have pulled me in totally and the chemistry between Dr Brennan and Agent Booth is great and quite funny at times. I did catch the odd episode on TV a couple of times as I have always been intrigued by it, but I did think Dr Brennan was a very annoying character and assumed it wouldn't be my thing. I was so wrong she is brilliant and am now working my way through the seasons back to back and enjoying the stories. I don't think the show is as dark in content as the shows I have mentioned above, but if you like blood, gunge and gore with a touch of dark humour there is plenty to enjoy in Bones. I hear the show is coming to a final end soon so watch while you can.

Haunting of Cellblock 11 [DVD]
Haunting of Cellblock 11 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeffrey Johnson
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars That's not Roger!, 29 April 2016
I quite enjoyed this film and the location they used in it was quite creepy and effective. I enjoy watching the TV show Ghost Adventures which is one show this film is obviously based on, but even though I liked the characters in the film the lead man is no Zak Bagans. The film starts with the team being at an investigation into a pizza place but they pick up no visual evidence and the TV network is not happy with the dwindling viewing figures. They are then approached by a man who shows Joel our lead investigator his scratches he obtained from a supposed entity and asks the team to investigate a property for him and get rid of the spirits. This turns out to be an old penitentiary. When they arrive there an ex prison worker shows them around and tells them the stories about the prison inmates and what they suffered inside. When dark they start to investigate and the prison then comes to life putting the team at risk. The film isn't the best I have seen, but it certainly isn't the worst either. The characters I enjoyed watching they could act for one thing, and I do enjoy a bit of karma which happens to one character at the end of the film. I didn't pay a lot of money for the film but if you can pick it up and are interested in anything paranormal it's worth a look.

You are Not Alone [DVD]
You are Not Alone [DVD]
Dvd ~ Krista Dzialoszynski
Offered by skyvo-direct

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea, 29 April 2016
This review is from: You are Not Alone [DVD] (DVD)
Oh well once again I have been taken in by a DVD artwork cover and disappointed with the film. The first person point of view intrigued me and I wondered what it would be like experiencing a horror movie using their eyes. All I can say is that if the movie would have been good it would have been an experience. There are elements of the movie Halloween in this film but me thinking the killer was going to look and behave like Michael Myers i was sadly mistaken. There is quite a slow build up while the characters are introduced which is ok if they are characters that you can care about , but if there is a serial killer or stalker on the loose there are some hints given at least, maybe a dead body or glimpses of a shadow figure roaming around. The killer didn't really convince me when he did finally arrive on screen and some of his acting was a bit odd too. I guess for a low budget movie it's ok and some people may disagree with my comments, but I afraid it won't be taking pride of place on my shelf next to Michael, Jason or Freddy.

Judas Ghost [DVD]
Judas Ghost [DVD]
Dvd ~ Martin Delaney

4.0 out of 5 stars Let there be light!!, 27 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Judas Ghost [DVD] (DVD)
I have to say that i really quite enjoyed this film, the actors/characters were worth the watch and the storyline was good. It felt at first like I was watching a Doctor Who episode, and I was expecting Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman to come walking into the school hall to take over proceedings. The filming itself doesn't leave the school hall at all apart from one sequence, but I did not get bored at all. The total darkness that seeps in, the exit door that disappears and reappears at weird times and the character of Judas Ghost himself made this an enjoyable film to watch. I enjoyed watching the characters of the ghost hunting team themselves even though Jerry the team leader was a bit up himself. This film is based on a series of books called Ghost Finders so there could be more films on the way.

Paranormal Island [DVD]
Paranormal Island [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lance Henriksen
Offered by skyvo-direct

1.0 out of 5 stars Quite disappointed, 26 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Paranormal Island [DVD] (DVD)
I cannot believe that the great Lance Henriksen is that desperate an actor that he has to resort to appearing in films of this quality. I have watched a few of his recently Abominable, Haunted and Cyrus - Mind of a Serial Killer and this one is the worst of the lot. The synopsis of the film and the DVD cover make it look and sound exciting but that is just not the case. It says a must see for Lance Henriksen fans but I can honestly say I won't be watching this one again.Maybe I am being a bit harsh but the acting is shocking with characters that make you don't even care what happens to them, the ghostly special effects I couldn't even see apart from 2 blue glowing eyes every now and again and the island doesn't even look scary. If you want to invest in a good mystery/horror show about an island then watch Harpers Island instead. The premise is a good one but this film falls way short. Come on Chris Carter sort it out and let's see Lance doing what he does best and bring back Frank Black in Millennium. It's time to keep him away from this rubbish.

Supernatural: The Complete Ninth Season [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Supernatural: The Complete Ninth Season [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

5.0 out of 5 stars As like a previous reviewer I have contacted a major retailer ..., 9 Oct. 2014
I do not normally post a review unless i have watched the programme, but after reading some of the comments and reviews about this i thought i would do some digging myself. As like a previous reviewer I have contacted a major retailer - HMV and they have informed me that after contacting their supplier the region 2 DVD will not be available till October 2015. Their comments back to me were that this item is " provisionally scheduled for October 2015" and that they would be updating their website. They did apologise and say that 20.10.2014 was incorrect. Maybe the suppliers know something we don't and are holding off releasing the item thinking that the television companies may end up showing season 9 at some point next year who knows?? All i know is that yet again i may have to go overseas to purchase this item on Region 1. I am lucky enough to have a multi region player, but i know some people don't and it is not fair that we have to wait just because Sky televsion cannot get it's act together. Granted Sky Living do have some good shows ( The Blacklist, Hannibal etc...) but to cancel a show which is now going into it's 10th season now is just confusing to say the least. Supernatural has a good following in the UK and deserves to be shown.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 24, 2014 11:58 PM BST

Great British Ghosts: Series 2 [DVD]
Great British Ghosts: Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michaela Strachan
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars Does this DVD set inslude series 1?, 6 Dec. 2013
I know it is not common to write a review before a product is released, but i purchased series 1 of this show back in July of this year as a gift for a friend and now it seems that this complete box set is being released on 16th December 2013. I say complete box set, but i don't know that for sure until another customer posts a review on here or if they have prior knowledge of what is on the discs. I can only assume this because it is a 6 Disc set and i am not sure how many series were released on the televsion. If someone can help with this query after the 16th December that would be great as i do not want to be purchasing both. This would be an ideal xmas present for someone, but you do not want to purchasing the same programmes twice. I have given this 5 stars as i know my friend loved the show, but the rating is not aimed at this particular item as i cannot say what is on it.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2013 1:33 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2